Two trips are better than one! A June and September 2016 PTR-new trip report link

Sounds like you all had a great last day in MK!!!!! Thanks for sharing

For me California Grill is a terrific special occasion place, great food, nice but relaxing atmosphere and super service.

I LOVE this place. It was totally one of my very favorites on my last trip, and I'd go there again in a heartbeat. So glad you enjoyed it.

Overall it was an amazing trip and I'm so glad I was able to spend some one on one time with my son.:daisy:

:cloud9::cloud9::love::love::cloud9::cloud9:

Miles walked in 5 days - 61.4
Blisters -0 :)

That right there is a successful trip. I wasn't so lucky last time. I'll be much more prepared this time...

Ahhh, California Grill one of my personal favorites. Glad to hear it was such a special night for you two!!! Your scallops look amazing and I had the halibut your son had last time so I can attest to i

The scallops were fabulous. I think if I were to go back I'd try the halibut, it looked delicious!

I'm jealous you got to ride Sorian over California again!

I was super excited to get to experience it one last time with the old film, I think we just got lucky!

Hope your daughter is feeing better after Having her wisdom teeth out!

Thanks Kathy, she did really well

How was she?

She did fantastic, a little loopy with the chill out meds they gave her before hand, but she was only laid up for the day of the procedure, was back to normal the next day. I remember when I had mine removed I was swollen for a week...

What a great way to finish off Wishes!

In my opinion dessert is a great way to finish off just about anything

What the heck, Disney? Did you not get the memo that Kelly was coming in early to avoid this sort of thing?

I know, right? The nerve of them

I've never been inside. Really should some day.

One of our favorite parts of the day was visiting another resort and hanging out in the lobby for a while just to get the feel of the place. They are all so different and have something unique about them, plus they make awesome places to rest and cool off .

MMM... to the first. Coconut (so, no) to the second.

Oddly enough I used to not love coconut either. But one of the gals who works with us brought in this toasted coconut called Dang ( funny name, right ?) and I was instantly addicted

They do that? I wonder if they do for international travel?

Sorry I don't think they do it for international travelers. But is a nice perk to drop your bags off at the resort and not see them again until your home airport.

Loved your TR...lots of fun and I'm sure great memories!

Thanks! It was a great trip

Happiness only comes as one size :)

Love this! :lovestruc

The best souvenir of all! Glad you got to enjoy some magic together! :love:

Can't wait for the next trip with DD18! Of course it doesn't suck that I get to go every time! :teeth:

Sounds like you all had a great last day in MK!!!!! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for reading along!

LOVE this place. It was totally one of my very favorites on my last trip, and I'd go there again in a heartbeat. So glad you enjoyed it.

It really was a memorable night

That right there is a successful trip. I wasn't so lucky last time. I'll be much more prepared this time...

I always make a point to bring moleskin with me on every trip where lots of walking will be involved, and oddly enough I haven't used it once.

I always make a point to bring moleskin with me on every trip where lots of walking will be involved, and oddly enough I haven't used it once.

And for me, I only forgot it on one trip and about died for not having it. Limped my way through the first half of my last trip to WDW.

3 months to go!

This summer is absolutely flying by. Things have been busy at work and for some reason having the kids home for the summer passes the time quickly. I've made a few tweaks to the ADR's for the next trip, nothing major but ended up cancelling California Grill for our last night and replaced it with Narcoossee's. I loved CG but wanted to experience other places on my bucket list before I started doing too many repeats. I'm having such a hard time keeping to the " only make 1 ADR per day" rule set forth by the DH.
I'm starting to catch some flack from clients about " you're going back to Disney again???" Don't you hate that? Some people just don't get it :confused3. Do you guys ever get that from people?
I was really sad about all the events that went on in Orlando after Dray and I got back. They really had a rough go for a while there. It will always be a happy place for me so I'm just going to keep sending them happy thoughts.

I started this PTR a year ago today and I remember at that time we only had this upcoming September/October trip planned...what a difference a year makes! It's been a fantastic year of travel and fun places, thanks to all of you for sticking with me and listening to me ramble on :-)

Wishing all my USA friends a safe and happy July 4th!
:wave2:

3 months to go!

This summer is absolutely flying by. Things have been busy at work and for some reason having the kids home for the summer passes the time quickly. I've made a few tweaks to the ADR's for the next trip, nothing major but ended up cancelling California Grill for our last night and replaced it with Narcoossee's. I loved CG but wanted to experience other places on my bucket list before I started doing too many repeats. I'm having such a hard time keeping to the " only make 1 ADR per day" rule set forth by the DH.
I'm starting to catch some flack from clients about " you're going back to Disney again???" Don't you hate that? Some people just don't get it :confused3. Do you guys ever get that from people?
I was really sad about all the events that went on in Orlando after Dray and I got back. They really had a rough go for a while there. It will always be a happy place for me so I'm just going to keep sending them happy thoughts.

I started this PTR a year ago today and I remember at that time we only had this upcoming September/October trip planned...what a difference a year makes! It's been a fantastic year of travel and fun places, thanks to all of you for sticking with me and listening to me ramble on :-)

Wishing all my USA friends a safe and happy July 4th!
:wave2:
Yes I get that about Disney too! People just don't understand there's so much to do there, and when they hear Disney they think it's expensive.

My dad always asks how I have the money, my aunt thinks it's for children and can't believe we'd go back so many times, and my boss completely baffles me he just hates Disney. (He doesn't say why but one time he was defending his stance to someone and said "what is there like 2 rides there why would anyone go there!") 2 rides? :rotfl2:

Luckily most people who have been there totally get it, and my boyfriend who wasn't totally convinced before our last trip loved almost everything we did and can't wait to go back either.

She did fantastic

Great! :)

a little loopy with the chill out meds they gave her before hand

:laughing: Anything funny?

In my opinion dessert is a great way to finish off just about anything

::yes::

I know, right? The nerve of them

I would send them a sternly worded email.

One of our favorite parts of the day was visiting another resort and hanging out in the lobby for a while just to get the feel of the place. They are all so different and have something unique about them, plus they make awesome places to rest and cool off .

I'd love to do that. So busy, all the time, though!

Oddly enough I used to not love coconut either. But one of the gals who works with us brought in this toasted coconut called Dang ( funny name, right ?) and I was instantly addicted

Interesting.
While I think I wouldn't like it, you never know.
I remember the first time I ever had fresh pineapple. Up until then I'd only had canned. Wow! What a difference.

Sorry I don't think they do it for international travelers. But is a nice perk to drop your bags off at the resort and not see them again until your home airport.

Yeah, I think you're right.

This summer is absolutely flying by.

I know! Stop! Slow down!

Things have been busy at work and for some reason having the kids home for the summer passes the time quickly.

::yes::

I'm having such a hard time keeping to the " only make 1 ADR per day" rule set forth by the DH.

One is fine. (Because there's always quick service, walk ups, etc.)

I'm starting to catch some flack from clients about " you're going back to Disney again???" Don't you hate that?

Yes! I'll ask them if they've gone to the lake this summer.
"Again??? Didn't you go to the lake last year?"

Buzz off.

Some people just don't get it :confused3. Do you guys ever get that from people?

Yeah. My Mom.

Yeah, it seemed like a never ending string of horrible news coming out of there. So sad. But you can't let that stop you from being happy.

G
Yes! I'll ask them if they've gone to the lake this summer.
"Again??? Didn't you go to the lake last year?"

Buzz off.

I'm coming out of lurkdom (Hi!) to say. YEESSS!! I get this ALLLL the time.

I'm from MN and everyone goes to the lake EVERY weekend, usually taking lots of Fridays off all summer long. But do I say "You're going again? Didn't you go last weekend?" No, I don't!

Why is it more acceptable to go to the lake/cabin lots but not Disney?

I have a co-worker who goes to Vegas every June. People just nod and smile at him and wish him a great time. Or they wink and joke about all the "fun" (nudge, nudge) he'll be having. But I always get - "You are going to Disney again? Aren't you sick of it? There are other places in the world to visit."

I don't get it. Is it because other places are "adult" and Disney is just "kids"? And if you are an adult and do "kid" things you are to be pitied or judged?

Drives me CRA-ZAY!

Thanks for letting me vent - Happy 4th!

All. The. Time!! Weirdos. No, they just absolutely don't get it. I have several theories:

1) They have NO idea what is there besides long lines and hot sun. This is due to lack of planning and a gross lack of research.

2) They don't follow advice from people who've gone and who know a different way to do Disney.

3) Haters gonna hate.

Slow, but sure, you are getting there! So sad we won't have a chance to meet up this time... but I have a plan up my sleeve for F&G next time, and would love a Ladies trip to happen....

Yes I get that about Disney too! People just don't understand there's so much to do there, and when they hear Disney they think it's expensive.

I agree, there is SOOOO much to do there, way to much to get to in just one trip, or even three! And yes it can be expensive, but can also be totally doable on a budget.

Luckily most people who have been there totally get it, and my boyfriend who wasn't totally convinced before our last trip loved almost everything we did and can't wait to go back either.

I think you're right, Disney people are Disney people and do get it. My DH was kinda that way at first until our first trip to DL and after that he was hooked. He still prefers DL to DW, likes how things are so much closer...but at least now he completely understands my obsession! :)

Anything funny

Nothing too crazy, she has never had a filling or any kind of procedure where she had to be numbed, so she just kept feeling her face insisting that her face was huge and swollen, I had to take a picture of her just to prove to her that her face wasn't fat :rotfl2:

Interesting.
While I think I wouldn't like it, you never know.
I remember the first time I ever had fresh pineapple. Up until then I'd only had canned. Wow! What a difference.

you should at least give the toasted coconut a fair shot, it surprised the heck out of me! Canned pineapple!?!? No wonder you thought it was gross!

Yeah, it seemed like a never ending string of horrible news coming out of there. So sad. But you can't let that stop you from being happy.

True dat

I'm coming out of lurkdom (Hi!) to say. YEESSS!! I get this ALLLL the time.

Well hi!! :wave2: I have a lurker!! Welcome! Hopefully your shyness has subsided and you'll comment more often!

Why is it more acceptable to go to the lake/cabin lots but not Disney?

I agree, like I said, I think some folks just don't get it :confused3 oh well, more fun for us!!

Thanks for letting me vent - Happy 4th!

Anytime! Thanks so much for coming out of the shadows! Make yourself at home :blush:

1) They have NO idea what is there besides long lines and hot sun. This is due to lack of planning and a gross lack of research.

2) They don't follow advice from people who've gone and who know a different way to do Disney.

3) Haters gonna hate.

Agree with all 3. :laughing:

Slow, but sure, you are getting there! So sad we won't have a chance to meet up this time... but I have a plan up my sleeve for F&G next time, and would love a Ladies trip to happen....

I know, total bummer to be off by just a few days. That seems to happen to me a lot. :eek: I had a trip in the works for F&G with my oldest daughter but had to push up the dates a bit because of her college schedule next year, I'm totally afraid they won't have started F&G yet when we are there. What dates were you considering? I'm not completely sure when F&G starts

Last edited:
Nothing too crazy, she has never had a filling or any kind of procedure where she had to be numbed, so she just kept feeling her face insisting that her face was huge and swollen, I had to take a picture of her just to prove to her that her face wasn't fat :rotfl2:

:laughing:

you should at least give the toasted coconut a fair shot, it surprised the heck out of me! Canned pineapple!?!? No wonder you thought it was gross!

I dunno. Does it smell like coconut?
That'd be a deal breaker right there.

Yup, what he said. (And everybody else!) Nothing wrong with spending your holiday time at a place you love and get a good value for your money and time, the same way that people love all inclusive resorts or cruises. Heck, I love them all!

Was at my folks' place today.
I told them we were (probably) going on a cruise in September. ("oh! wonderful!")
I told them it was a 4 day cruise. ("lovely!")
I told them it was going to the Bahamas. ("that should be great!)

I did not tell them it was a Disney ship.
I definitely didn't tell them we were going to Disney (although only for two days) first.

I dunno. Does it smell like coconut?
That'd be a deal breaker right there.

Kind of, but it doesn't smell like suntan lotion :p It's more of a light toasted coconut and it's sweet. The one I like has sea salt on it, and it's really crunchy.

Yup, what he said. (And everybody else!) Nothing wrong with spending your holiday time at a place you love and get a good value for your money and time, the same way that people love all inclusive resorts or cruises. Heck, I love them all!

Agreed!

I told them we were (probably) going on a cruise in September. ("oh! wonderful!")
I told them it was a 4 day cruise. ("lovely!")
I told them it was going to the Bahamas. ("that should be great!)

I did not tell them it was a Disney ship.
I definitely didn't tell them we were going to Disney (although only for two days) first.

:rotfl: I really hope this cruise works out for you! You will love it. Sounds like the exact same one we did in Sept. 2014, and we also did 2 days at Disney before the cruise. Have you done a Disney cruise before? If I can help you out with any questions about it, let me know!

Well, no use getting them too jealous by adding the Disney component. Let them get good and envious of the cruise portion first

:thumbsup2

Almost didn't recognize you with your shiny new avatar.

Kind of, but it doesn't smell like suntan lotion :p It's more of a light toasted coconut and it's sweet. The one I like has sea salt on it, and it's really crunchy.

mmm.... I dunno.
I'd have to see it (and smell it) first.

:rotfl: I really hope this cruise works out for you! You will love it. Sounds like the exact same one we did in Sept. 2014, and we also did 2 days at Disney before the cruise. Have you done a Disney cruise before? If I can help you out with any questions about it, let me know!

Nope! Never done any kind of cruise, period.
I have nothing but questions right now! :laughing:
I have to get to the point where I have enough knowledge to ask reasonable questions!

Sigh. I may have to find shipmates for an upcoming cruise. Since clearly I'm the only person who hasn't done one. First Guam, then ???? Girls trip? Group trip? Anyone up for some fun in a year or two??

Sigh. I may have to find shipmates for an upcoming cruise. Since clearly I'm the only person who hasn't done one. First Guam, then ???? Girls trip? Group trip? Anyone up for some fun in a year or two??

Cruises are so much fun! I've got an itch to do another one myself someday. I think a girls/ group trip sounds fantastic. I think it would be great to have an organized DISboard group go sometime. I just need to stop scheduling myself and leave some time open!

Almost didn't recognize you with your shiny new avatar.

Dumbo is my fav! So cute....a girls gotta change things up every now and then ya know?

Nope! Never done any kind of cruise, period.
I have nothing but questions right now! :laughing:
I have to get to the point where I have enough knowledge to ask reasonable questions!

Oh wow! Well whenever you can start formulating reasonable ( and some unreasonable) questions fire away! I'd be more than happy to help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter