Two to Tango - First Couple's trip to WDW pre-trip report

P&L@WDW

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited :cheer2:, I had to share somewhere so you lucky folks get to read along! This trip is our 1 year anniversary trip. Let me introduce the players:

:tink:Peggy (me): 10 year old stuck in a 35 year old body Disney lover (This will be my 10th trip to Disney).

:darth: Jared (DBF): 5 year old stuck in a 36 old body! Loves me :love2:and so is indulging me with this trip. He is slowly getting more interested as I tell him bits about what is planned!

Trip dates: October 27 - November 13, 2016

I have been planning this trip for about three months so far...we were hoping for Free Dining to stay on resort, but since the dates didn't work out, we have booked a beautiful 1 bedroom condo just off site. It is 8 minutes from our door to Magic Kingdom - it's horrible, but somehow we'll manage! :rolleyes:

Plans are firming up as I begin to make dining reservations, and get our tickets to MNSSHP and MVMCP purchased (which I did today)! We plan to split our time between Disney World, Universal Studios and the water parks. We have purchased 7 day park hopper plus water park tickets for Disney, and 14 day unlimited (consecutive) day tickets for Universal. This is our schedule:

Thursday, Oct 27: Travel day, arrive in Orlando at 4 pm
Friday, Oct 28: Rest in the am, MNSSHP at 4 pm. :hmghost: I let DBF pick our costumes - he selected Gaston and Village Belle. I've got the fabric purchased and will be sewing the costumes soon!

Saturday, Oct 29
: Blizzard Beach
Sunday, Oct 30: Epcot. This is the night we are having our Anniversary dinner. :love: I got a -fantastic- reservation at Rose and Crown for 7:45 pm. I've noted our anniversary on the reservation. I plan to go a little early and request a patio fireworks table. DBF has never been, so won't really know what I'm up to or what he's in for! :cutie:

Monday, Oct 31: Magic Kingdom until 4, then hop over to Epcot to enjoy F&W

Tuesday, Nov 1: Universal Studios - lunch or dinner will hopefully be at the Leaky Cauldron.

Wednesday, Nov 2: Hollywood Studios, dinner at Prime Time Diner

Thursday, Nov 3: Animal Kingdom - I can't wait to see the new night time shows, activities and rides!

Friday, Nov 4: Universal Studios

Saturday, Nov 5: Wet'n'Wild waterpark

Sunday, Nov 6: Islands of Adventure - Lunch or dinner will hopefully be at the Three Broomsticks

Monday, Nov 7: Epcot, late lunch at Biergarten in Germany.

Tuesday, Nov 8: Hollywood Studios during the day, late lunch at the Sci Fi, then we're going to do the Monorail Pub Crawl at the Contemporary, Poly and Grand Floridian! :drinking1

Wednesday, Nov 9: Blizzard beach OR Wet'n'Wild (whichever we enjoyed more)

Thursday, Nov 10: Rest in the morning, and attend MVMCP in the evening!

Friday, Nov 11: Islands of Adventure

Saturday, Nov 12: Park hoping at Disney, hitting any of the rides DBF or I want to do 'just one more time'!

Sunday, Nov 13: Universal studios until about 1:30, then head to the airport. Our flight out is at 5:30 so we can check in any time between 2:30 and 3:30.

Sounds like a fun well planned trip with a nice variety in parks and restaurants.
I would try to involve the BF in some of the ride choices, fastpasses and lunch choices and things like that so that he feels he is part of the planning team. And have a Plan b if one of your planned water park days turns out to be an all day rainstorm.

Enjoy! Bet you plan another one!

Funny you should mention that! :rolleyes1

On Wednesday, there was an announcement that Celebration 8 (A huge Star Wars convention) will be in Orlando April 13-16 2017. We are both members of the 501 Legion (and the Rebel legion, and the Mando Mercs). We've booked a condo for that already, are planning to upgrade our tickets to annual passes when we are there in the fall and spend a few days in the parks before and after the convention in the spring! :jumping1:

Sounds like a fun well planned trip with a nice variety in parks and restaurants.
I would try to involve the BF in some of the ride choices, fastpasses and lunch choices and things like that so that he feels he is part of the planning team. And have a Plan b if one of your planned water park days turns out to be an all day rainstorm.

Oh, absolutely! His only request so far, despite my prodding him for input, has been 'Can we go to the waterparks?' - he's a HUGE water baby :fish:and I couldn't care less. So we've got three days planned for those. We've talked about restaurants, and he helped narrow down the choices. The only restaurant I didn't run by him was the Rose and Crown - that's a surprise. I'm hoping for the patio fireworks view table - he'll have no idea what a special treat that is until it happens, if we get it.

He has also picked our costumes for MNSSHP - I'm the one that gets to make them, but he picked the pair from a loooong list (about 12 or 13 choices). He's also very much looking forward to the Pub crawl. Hehe.

Our 'plan b' for waterpark days depends on how we're feeling. We'll either spend it at the condo relaxing and resting, grab a movie/visit Downtown Dis...er, sorry, Disney Springs, or hit one of the parks and run around in ponchos all day!

He's leaving fastpasses up to me. The rest of our meals (snacks and lunches) will be spur of the moment. I'm trying to keep planning somewhat down this trip and leave lots of time for impromptu stuff.

Well, today involved getting fabric cut out for Gaston's tunic and Belle's blouse and dress. I hope to have at least the blouse and tunic finished by the end of this week - I have several other 1950's style sun dresses I'd like to sew for myself to wear this summer, and pack to WDW in the fall.

I am excited for these costumes - lots to get done, but they will look great at MNSSHP.

LOVE reading this post! We just started planning our 1st Anniversary trip to Disney last week....took our time making the decision to pull the trigger! We got engaged in July 2014 (DH's first trip to Disney). I have enjoyed Disney so much more as an adult than I remember as a kid...maybe I appreciate the magic more? And DH fell in love the first 5 minutes in MK so I knew we would be back! So this will be his 2nd trip and my 6th. We will only get two days there this trip (planning alongside other anniversary happenings), but I am scouring these boards for ideas to make the most of our time there and make this anniversary extra special! We're considering MNSSHP and actually thought about doing the same costumes, haha. But we aren't positive yet if we'll be able to squeeze it in. Anyway, thanks for sharing! I'm going to check out Rose & Crown for a possible dinner our second night! Good luck with the costumes, I'm sure they will turn out great!

LOVE reading this post! We just started planning our 1st Anniversary trip to Disney last week....took our time making the decision to pull the trigger! We got engaged in July 2014 (DH's first trip to Disney). I have enjoyed Disney so much more as an adult than I remember as a kid...maybe I appreciate the magic more? And DH fell in love the first 5 minutes in MK so I knew we would be back! So this will be his 2nd trip and my 6th. We will only get two days there this trip (planning alongside other anniversary happenings), but I am scouring these boards for ideas to make the most of our time there and make this anniversary extra special! We're considering MNSSHP and actually thought about doing the same costumes, haha. But we aren't positive yet if we'll be able to squeeze it in. Anyway, thanks for sharing! I'm going to check out Rose & Crown for a possible dinner our second night! Good luck with the costumes, I'm sure they will turn out great!

I'm sure you guys will have a fantastic trip! My DBF's first time back to the parks will be to MK on a MNSSHP night! I'm hoping that it will grab his heart as much as it grabs mine! I got Belle's dress all cut out last night, and her blouse 90% done - I just have to add closures in the front and ties at the sleeve cuffs and it's finished! My DBF will be trying on his tunic tonight to make sure if fits before I finish it! His boots also came in the mail. Very excited!

I am sure you guys will have a great time. Make sure to get your Anniversary buttons when you go!

Still quite a bit to do on them but costumes are at least progressing for MNSSHP. Gaston is pretty much entirely finished other than finishing his hair. Belle is about halfway done. Her blouse is finished and her dress and apron are both about 50% done. All in all I think they're coming along well. Not the greatest pictures but you get the idea!

Your plans sound amazing and those costumes already look fantastic! Props to you for creativity & seamstressing abilities. :thumbsup2

Well, he's done! I trimmed about 4 inches off the bottom of the tunic after taking this picture. Not perfect but it gets the idea across!

As you may have guessed, this is DBF. He says he will shave for the party, and with the rest of the accessories (boots, gloves, wig, etc), I think this will be really good.

I also asked today if he wanted a halloween shirt for Oct 31 in the park, and a Christmas one for MVMCP. I thought he might grudgingly agree...boy was I wrong. His response: Only if it is SUPER cheesy! :jester: So I went shopping for fabric today and found these lovely gems. I'll be making him a hawaian style button up shirt, one in each fabric. The bottom hems will be trimmed with little pompoms and rickrack! :rolleyes1

Last edited:
It's about time for an update! I have been busy sewing (big surprise, right?). Below, find the glory that is DBF's Christmas Disney Shirt :santa:. I have to add the buttons and button holes and then it is finished, and I'll be on to his halloween one. And yes, those ARE pompoms on his sleeves and pocket. :rolleyes1

If you happen to see a fellow at the November 10 MVMCP wearing this atrocious awesomeness, stop us and say hi! :joker:

I got on a roll sewing last night and got alot accomplished! Here is the cheesy Halloween themed shirt to wear during the day for Oct 31 as requested by DBF.

And this is the skirt I'll be wearing. I plan to wear it with a black or lime green tank top, and have a large spider appliqued on!

So not much in the way of 'planning' for the trip this week. With a schedule and meals all booked, I'm on stand by until I can book FPs.

However, I've been productive this week - not sure where this bust of energy for sewing has come from, BUT here's another of the results. This is my MVMCP skirt - I'll be wearing it with a lime green t-shirt.

Well I jave to admit, I was a bit worried over the last week that my DBF was just tolerating the cheesy shirts to make me happy. I am happy to say, tonight he proved that if anything, I am holding him back from his true level of Cheese. :crazy:

While we were out, he came across this trim and excitedly asked me if he could have the pompoms on his pumpkin shirt replaced with them. He also asked to have the mew trim added to his collar and sleeves.

So here it is. Halloween shirt 2.0.

Well I jave to admit, I was a bit worried over the last week that my DBF was just tolerating the cheesy shirts to make me happy. I am happy to say, tonight he proved that if anything, I am holding him back from his true level of Cheese. :crazy:

While we were out, he came across this trim and excitedly asked me if he could have the pompoms on his pumpkin shirt replaced with them. He also asked to have the mew trim added to his collar and sleeves.

So here it is. Halloween shirt 2.0.

You are amazing!! I want one.

If you happen to see a fellow at the November 10 MVMCP wearing this atrocious awesomeness, stop us and say hi!
I'll be looking for you!- We will be doing our first ever all adult Disney trip :) I can't wait!

I'll be looking for you!- We will be doing our first ever all adult Disney trip :) I can't wait!

I've finished my skirt, as well - we also have blinking Christmas lightbulb necklaces we'll be wearing. We should be easy to spot. :rotfl2:I have no kids - I've never done a trip to Disney as anything other than 'adult only'. You'll love it! We're looking forward to some of the adult activities (Monorail pub crawl :drinking1, etc), and also the opportunity to be kids ourselves. My favourite part is being able to do what we want, when we want, and not being tied to kids schedules, melt downs, etc. Plus we can sleep in in the mornings! :cheer2:

Reactions: msk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter