Two questions for Free Dining Pros!! :)

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by lmhall2000, Aug 17, 2013.

1. lmhall2000

lmhall2000 May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you

1. I read that the Fantasmic Dinner option includes appetizer, but if I book that and Brown Derby on the Free Dining plan (using 2 credits pp) do we still get appetizer AND dessert or either/or or just dessert?

2. Along the same lines...for Signature dining, are you still limited to entrée/beverage/dessert on the Free Dining?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lauradis

lauradis DIS Veteran

sig you don't get ap but on pre fix menus you get what ever is included

4. lmhall2000

Confused, what is a pre fix menu? Are they available at Brown Derby/Flying Fish? I thought we just ordered off the main menu? But if Fantasmic is a pre-fix menu with appetizers,we get that without being charged even if on Free Dining?

5. chocolateMinnie

chocolateMinnie DIS Veteran

Yes the Fantasmic package is brilliant value on the ddp (whether free or not :) )

You get the three courses on the menu of your choice plus a soft drink.

Some venues have a set menu on offer and you can use your ddp for this too which gives you three courses otherwise you get either a buffet or entrees and dessert.

6. lmhall2000

Thanks!! How do I tell if Flying Fish has a pre-fixed menu?

7. Lsdolphin

Lsdolphin Mouseketeer

If you go to WWW.allears.net go under "Walt Disney World" to Dining to Menus and you can see the menus for every restaurant in Disney World!

8. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think signature restaurants have prix-fixe menus. (Brown Derby for the F!Package may be the exception). Off the top of my head I know that Kona, Chefs de France, and Nine Dragons have one.

9. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Fantasmic! Dining Package includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic fountain beverage (e.g. soda, coffee, tea, iced tea) for each adult at HBD. You order from the regular menu. You have to book the F! Dining Package specifically. Just a regular reservation at HBD will not include the F! seating voucher. The F!DP at HBD requires 2 TS credits per person, at MM and H&V it is one credit per person.

Prix Fixe menu: A few restaurants have a prix fixe menu meaning you choose an app, an entree and a dessert from a specific list of choices. No substitutions are allowed. This is a popular way for those on the regular DDP to get an appetizer with their meal, since otherwise, an app is not included. Or if the DDP users wants to order a la carte from the rest of the menu they can.

Only a few restaurants offer a prix fixe: Chefs, San Angel (one choice only in each category), Monsieur Paul, Marrakesh and Nine Dragons that I can think of. Le Cellier, Captain's Grill and Kona no longer have a prix fixe on their most recent menus. I don't know if Flying Fish still has a prix fixe, but previously it was not included on the DDP. HBD does not have a prix fixe menu.

10. MolonLabe

MolonLabe DTOM

It's not a brilliant value if you are on the Deluxe dining plan. I made that mistake at mama melrose, we had to take the crappy desert platter (for example) back in November.

I even confirmed it with a manager. :crazy2:

11. Srbright

Srbright Mouseketeer

Vs what other option? We have MM for our F! Package and we have DxDDP.

Stacy

12. Srbright

Srbright Mouseketeer

Sorry, double post

Stacy

13. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

The dessert platter is the only dessert for the F! Package at Mama Melrose.