Two Questions Fireworks and where is DCA resort entrance?

summer0407

Mouseketeer
My trip is finally booked for Feb 27-March3 two quick questions from a newbie. My first question is where would be the best place to see the fireworks if we are not in one of the parks. I think if my memory is right they are at 9:00 and my kids are not usually up that late. I would like to be out of the parks by then but where can we go to see them? We are staying at the Disneyland hotel standard room so I have no idea if we will be able to see them from there. Is there a spot in DTD that would be good to see them from? Once they are over I would just like to be able to get quickly to the hotel to get my kids in bed. Also I think since we will be at DLH we can go into DCA through the entrance at the Grand California, is that right? In respect to the DLH where do I go to get to that private entrance? I have never been to GC I see the rooms from DTD but I have never actually been in it. Is is quicker to just go to the main entracne from DLH? Any info would be great.

Thanks again for all your help!

My trip is finally booked for Feb 27-March3 two quick questions from a newbie. My first question is where would be the best place to see the fireworks if we are not in one of the parks. I think if my memory is right they are at 9:00 and my kids are not usually up that late. I would like to be out of the parks by then but where can we go to see them? We are staying at the Disneyland hotel standard room so I have no idea if we will be able to see them from there. Is there a spot in DTD that would be good to see them from? Once they are over I would just like to be able to get quickly to the hotel to get my kids in bed. Also I think since we will be at DLH we can go into DCA through the entrance at the Grand California, is that right? In respect to the DLH where do I go to get to that private entrance? I have never been to GC I see the rooms from DTD but I have never actually been in it. Is is quicker to just go to the main entracne from DLH? Any info would be great.

Thanks again for all your help!

This past summer, there were a lot of people sitting on the ground in the walkway between DCA and DL watching the fireworks.
I'd try to at least be on Main Street close to the end near the Emporium though. Then it should be easy to get out.

I think if my memory is right they are at 9:00 and my kids are not usually up that late.
Usually fireworks are at 9:25 so they do nto conflict with the first Fantasmic show at 9:00. But with no Fantasmic until June I suppose they could change that. Check the schedule.

Also I think since we will be at DLH we can go into DCA through the entrance at the Grand California, is that right? In respect to the DLH where do I go to get to that private entrance? I have never been to GC I see the rooms from DTD but I have never actually been in it. Is is quicker to just go to the main entracne from DLH? Any info would be great.
I only know how to get the special DCA entrance by entering GCH through the front doors. Yes, you can use it if you have proof (room key) you are staying at a DLR hotel. When you get to the lobby turn left and head back that way. Ask for help if you cannot find it.

Getting into the GCH from DTD is not well marked. It is right next to Studio 365. There are signs inside directing you to the DCA entrance. It's a little bit of a maze, but so much easier than going through the regular security checks and gates.

Where is studio 365? Is that somehwere in DTD? Would it be closer to go to GC for that entrance does it shave off a bit of time walking all the way down through DTD? Thanks again.

Where is studio 365? Is that somehwere in DTD? Would it be closer to go to GC for that entrance does it shave off a bit of time walking all the way down through DTD? Thanks again.

Yes Studio 365 is in DTD. It is faster to go through the GCH entrance into DCA than walking all the way through DTD, security and the front gates. We did it in December when we stayed at DLH.

ETA: We had maybe 3 people in line in front of us for security/entrance gate, instead of at least a dozen through security, then the line at the gate.

We've used the GC/DCA entrance many times and it is very convenient. :cool1: Of course we were using it for going from DCA to WWS (White Water Snacks) at CG. We have never been asked for proof of staying at one of the DLR Hotels, however, when they scan our AP I'm sure it shows that we already entered the parks (the right way) earlier in the day.

If you're looking for the special entrance from inside DCA it's located just north of GRR.

And yes, the FW usually go off at 9:25 (weather permitting) You can see most of the fireworks from DTD or you could take the Mickey and Friends parking lot tram to the structure, take the escalator all the way to the top, and watch them from there. You get a great view.

We've used the GC/DCA entrance many times and it is very convenient. :cool1: Of course we were using it for going from DCA to WWS (White Water Snacks) at CG. We have never been asked for proof of staying at one of the DLR Hotels, however, when they scan our AP I'm sure it shows that we already entered the parks (the right way) earlier in the day.
The general understanding around here from many folks who used the entrance is that anyone can leave DCA thru the GCH entrance at any time. And roughly two hours after DCA opens anyone can use the GCH entrance to enter DCA. However, for the first two or so hours of the day only DLR hotel guests can enter DCA thru the entrance and they must show proof of being a hotel guest.
If you're looking for the special entrance from inside DCA it's located just north of GRR.
FWIW I noticed the interactive map I linked identifies the special entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter