Two Nerds Do Disney World - FINAL Update 5/12

Great updates...

now a nerd to a nerd: do you have a playstation 3? I just bought one and was wondering if you could recommend any good games? of course im gonna get GTA but i need something now...i already have call of duty! Gimme your Nerdsdom (thats nerd wisdom)

Lumar has one but to be honest, he bought it for the blu-ray player :rotfl2: He hardly ever plays any games on it...I think the last game he played was Kingdom Hearts 2 but he said that metal gear sold 4, iron man, and gta 4 are all supposed to be pretty good... :scratchin

hey everyone - sorry it has been a while since I posted an update... I am petsitting for my dad this whole week at his house and don't have access to any of my pictures or anything. I'll be back home on either Saturday or Sunday so I will have an update then!

Lumar and I are going through serious WDW withdrawal! It's terrible...I find myself just staring out into space and my mind takes me back to some random Disney place. I've noticed that my mind spends most of it's time in DTD and MK. And it's funny because I wake up some mornings and think to myself "today is a (insert name of Disney Park here) day." Like today was an Epcot day...I wanted to be at Epcot so bad today....even if I was just sitting in Morocco waiting for Lumar to get out of the bathroom.... :laughing:

And to make matters worse is that I don't think we are going back any time soon. We really need to move into our own place not just because we want to but it's just getting harder and harder to live with the whole fam dam. And I know that if we book another trip before we move out, my mom and step-dad are gonna complain that we should be using that money to move out instead. But once we move into our own place we REALLY won't be able to afford a trip... this stinks :sad1:

Thanks for stopping in...

Believe me when it comes to WDW trips...if there's a will, there's a way.....

And to make matters worse is that I don't think we are going back any time soon. We really need to move into our own place not just because we want to but it's just getting harder and harder to live with the whole fam dam. And I know that if we book another trip before we move out, my mom and step-dad are gonna complain that we should be using that money to move out instead. But once we move into our own place we REALLY won't be able to afford a trip... this stinks :sad1:

I am in the same boat. I moved out without purchasing a place (I am renting), and now I feel that if I go to the DIS my parents would complain that I am wasting $$ that could go to my house....(poop). BUT...just think how cool it will be when you do go....So many new changes! I know....not good enough for me, but at least it is some positive...

jordanyosh said:
Thanks for stopping in...

Believe me when it comes to WDW trips...if there's a will, there's a way.....

I know, it was nice of me to stop by my own TR, huh? LOL :rotfl2:

We HAVE the money to go...plus I could have gotten a sweet deal on airfare from travelocity....they were offering $150 ROUND TRIP from Hartford, CT to MCO!!! AND Lumar told me that a friend of his that works at the Disney Store in the mall, told him that as of May, the Disney Store is once again OWNED by Disney, which means employees will be able to get 50% off their stay at a Disney Resort....and they were hiring PT help for maybe 1 or 2 days a week for only a 4 hour shift each day so Lumar said he was thinking about taking it. Is it sad that he wants to take on a second job, not for the extra cash, but for the WDW discount??? I don't know if this is all true or not but this is what he was told... So if he were to get a job there even if only for a couple of months, we could have gotten a sweet deal on the resort too. But even without all of that, if I had booked an October trip like I wanted to, it would have been aboyt $2000 - with MNSSHP, park tix, 9 nights at either FQ or CSR, and the flight. So we totally HAVE the money to go, but I just don't feel like hearing my step-father complain. :sad2:

I am in the same boat. I moved out without purchasing a place (I am renting), and now I feel that if I go to the DIS my parents would complain that I am wasting $$ that could go to my house....(poop). BUT...just think how cool it will be when you do go....So many new changes! I know....not good enough for me, but at least it is some positive...

i know the feeling -i was just thinking that same thing this morning that by the time we do get to go back there will be a lot of new stuff and it will be even more "magical" because we worked really hard to get there AND accomplished our goal of getting our own place...so the trip would be like our reward, you know? But it still doesn't make me feel any better. What's worse is that it's not even my mom that would complain, it's my step-dad and when he complains (which is extremely often about everything and anything) he makes my mom aggitated which makes her complain too. I tried convincing my dad and my step-mom to come with us on an October trip and then we could tell my mom and step-dad that we didn't pay for it...but then my brother and sister would complain that my dad was taking me and Lumar and not them.... so here I am...still trying to figure out a way to get there in October, but so that my mom doesn't know we paid for the trip. I was thinking about telling her we won a trip but that seems a little far fetched....:lmao:

Wow you got it bad...........dreaming of WDW and waking up wishing that it is an Epcot day:lmao: ............ahhhh wouldn't that be nice:cloud9: .........I would start off with the bakery at France............sample whatever looked good and try not to fling my pastries off the counter onto the floor like I did by accident when I was there last time :upsidedow My daughter and I were laughing so hard, luckily the next customer in line told the counter service what happened and they kindly replaced them. :wizard:

Wow you got it bad...........dreaming of WDW and waking up wishing that it is an Epcot day:lmao: ............ahhhh wouldn't that be nice:cloud9: .........I would start off with the bakery at France............sample whatever looked good and try not to fling my pastries off the counter onto the floor like I did by accident when I was there last time :upsidedow My daughter and I were laughing so hard, luckily the next customer in line told the counter service what happened and they kindly replaced them. :wizard:

Today is an AK day... :thumbsup2

:rotfl: I've had a similar experience with ice cream...I took one lick and pushed the whole scoop off the cone onto the ground. I was at that little stand in the American Adventure pavilion I think and it was on like my first or 2nd trip. I swear, the look on my face must have been priceless because there was an older couple standing there and both of them were like "Oh it's ok we'll get you another one!" The CM's replaced it for free but I must have looked like I was gonna cry. That was so nice of those people to offer, though!

DBF says how lucky I am that we are going to WDW again. We went last May, and to DLR in May 2006 and this past February! All thanks to his job. (Well, they paid for him to go to conferences that were near/in the parks). I can't wait for this next trip. He even suggested that we extend for 3 more days past the conference!

I think I'm going to ask our local Disney Store about the employee discount. I'm in there often enough that I think at least one of them recognizes me.

I...still trying to figure out a way to get there in October, but so that my mom doesn't know we paid for the trip. I was thinking about telling her we won a trip but that seems a little far fetched....:lmao:

Again, done that....:) Sounds like a good plan to me....

Good luck!

SwansLoveDisney said:
Just found your TR.

You took some beautiful pics!

Sounds like you guys had a great time so far...

:wave: thanks for reading! I'm glad you like my pics! My camera was the GREATEST purchase I ever made....I really should read that manual though...:rotfl:

We had a fantastic time! I swear, going with other people is fun because it's a great feeling to "share the magic" but there is nothing like experiencing it as "just the two of you."

xominnieox2 said:
I can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes

I promise it's coming this weekend! I'll try really hard for tomorrow night!

OK I know that technically it is Monday (well for me anyway...all of you west coasters still have an hour before it's Monday for you) but I felt really bad that I didn't get to post earlier so here it is, 2:05am, and I'm posting my update for you all. We slept until 3:15pm this afternoon (we were house sitting this whole past week at my dad's house which is an hour away, which means we had to get up an hour earlier than usual so we could make it work on time...plus we weren't getting home until after 11pm most nights...oh and the dogs wake up at 5am to be let outside so we didn't get much sleep this week) Plus my bunny Scout isn't eating and I'm worried about her so I spent and hour sitting with her before and giving her meds, hoping to get her feeling better. So anyway, here it is - hope you enjoy it!

Thursday 3/6

Today we were headed to DHS for the beginning part of the day, then headed to the P&PP later tonight! Both of us were really excited…until I turned on the weather channel and they predicted thunderstorms for the day! Hopefully the weather would hold out for us….

But first things first. It was Lumar’s 24th birthday today so before we left the room I gave him his presents:
Happy Birthday Mickey:
IMG_3417.jpg

A pin from MNSSHP with the Villains on it (we were there so it’s OK!)
IMG_3419.jpg

A matted print advertising the Haunted Mansion, his favorite ride:
IMG_3422.jpg

We went down to Sassagoula got breakfast around 20 after 9, then headed to DHS. The sun was still out at this point, so I was hoping the storms they were talking about had moved out to the Atlantic.

We went and got FP’s for RnRC, then went on the Great Movie Ride. The concept for this ride is so good…I’m just so bored with it now. On the plus side, we did get to meet some charactes while we were over there!

IMG_3427.jpg

We didn’t get in line for Mary Poppins, but I did get a pic of her:
IMG_3429.jpg

We went back to RnRC but got FP’s for ToT first. I got this pic after we got off the coaster:

IMG_3424.jpg

There was only 15 minutes until our return time for ToT so we just waited outside the entrance and traded pins with some CM’s. At 12:45 we headed toward the entrance and it was closed! At first I thought the CM was joking…I even laughed when he said that there were “currently no vacancies” but then I realized the gates were shut and I felt like an idiot. :headache: Another CM said they would accept our FPs all day, but they weren’t sure what time it would reopen.

Our plan had been to ride the Tower, then go get lunch but since the Tower was down we headed over to Pizza Planet to eat. After we scarfed down Pepperoni Pizzas and salads, we went downstairs and played some games (PoTC pinball, Rollercoaster Tycoon pinball, and air hockey) and headed back to Sunset Blvd around 2:15 to find that the ToT was back up and running so we used our FPs and went on. The CM was sneaking around the library during the movie and reciting the whole thing along with it. When it got really dark, he snuck up behind some lady and when she turned to exit the room he scared the bejesus out of her just by standing there. It was hilarious…not hilarious when it happened to me a few years ago…but hilarious now to witness it happening. :rotfl2:

Maybe it was just me, but I swear this thing was malfunctioning while we were on it. The part right after you see the people in the hallway where it gets dark and takes you up a flight to the bluish color room…yeah we sat in dark silence not moving for like almost a full minute. Usually, the people disappear, the stars come out, the window shatters and up you go. Well this time the window shattered and we just sat there. I was the only one who thought this was weird but I swore the ride was going down again. Thankfully it didn’t but I was pretty paranoid for the rest of the ride.:scared1:

We went back to the Animation Studio and got to draw Pluto this time! My Pluto came out MUCH better than my Mickey! We got to hang out with Frozone on the way out:

photopass1-2.jpg

After drawing, we headed over to the Indiana Jones area where we noticed that they set up a new gift shop. It was entirely too crowded in there for my liking so I sat outside on a bench while Lumar looked around. At this point in time it began raining. Also, Lumar found out that if you pull on the rope on the little display right next to the shop, someone talks to you from down in the well!

We headed towards the exit around 4:30 and I was really bummed out that it was raining. I hoped it would just drizzle for a while then stop raining before the P&PP. We got on a bus at 5:15 and headed back to FQ where we watched the Toon Disney Big Movie Show, which happened to be Robin Hood…my second most favorite Disney movie, next to The Lion King. We didn’t get to see the end though because we left for MK at 6:20. I did however, finally take some pics of what our room looked like and Mickey left a birthday card for Lumar while we were gone!

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

It was still raining and I was mega bummed. Lumar was happy just to be going but I was mad. It did stop though just before we got to MK so I was excited because it looked like it was going to be a good night after all!

We headed right to Adventureland, as we knew that the line for Captain Jack had a tendency of getting quite long. We arrived just in time, it would seem, as the wait was only about 15 minutes. And FINALLY, I got to meet Jack Sparrow! :woohoo:

photopass3-2.jpg

When we left, we saw Genie and Abu getting on The Flying Carpets but it was too dark for me to get a decent picture. Shortly after that it started raining again… I stood outside in the rain to try and get pictures of the Parade but I was too far away and it was too dark. Plus my camera was focusing on the drops of water on the lens and not the parade so most of my pictures didn’t come out. I was really mad that I stood out there that whole time and maybe 3 pictures came out. :mad:

So we headed over to Toon Town so Lumar could get a sweatshirt from County Bounty (I accidentally got hot chocolate on the one he brought with him…oops) and while were there we met some more characters:

Lumar and his girlfriend on the side:
photopass4.jpg

photopass5.jpg

Lumar and his other girlfriend on the side:
photopass6.jpg

photopass8.jpg

It was raining so hard when we left there that we were completely soaked through in about 30 seconds. :sad2:

We went to Cosmic Rays for dinner and stupid me forgot all about the fireworks. So we were sitting inside listening to the audio but couldn’t see them. Although it was nice to be out of the rain for a little while.

This PP picture is blurry but I needed something to commemorate being this totally freakin’ soaking wet:

photopass9.jpg

It was raining so hard, that the puddles were ankle deep and the frogs were venturing out of the lake and onto the sidewalks. Here we are, walking miserably out of MK (OK I was miserable, Lumar thought this was all hilarious) and suddenly he shoves me and yells “watch out!!” I was like what the F is your problem?? And he points this out to me:

IMG_3479.jpg

I thought it was a wet napkin and almost stepped right on it. So of course, stupid me gets right in it’s face to take a picture and what do you think happened when the flash went off? Yeah, it jumped RIGHT at me. I screamed like a little girl, completely involuntarily. So Lumar coaxed it back into the grass so no one else would step on it, and we made our way back to the bus stop around 11pm. I was tired, wet, cold, and miserable and just wanted to go to bed. No Power Rangers for us tonight!

great update and pics.

sorry it rained on you.

nice pic with Jack.

As usual your pics are fantastic:cool1: And that little frog is pretty cool looking. I'd name him:lovestruc "Prince":lovestruc
I hope Scout is feelin' better..........poor bunny:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter