Two Months, Two Lovebirds, One Finished TR!

Yeah! I am glad I thought of them this time. They will be useful even if it doesn't rain, cause one of my favorites is Splash Mountain. :goodvibes

We are having a great time! I'm writing with my iPod touch so it's difficult to write on here. I am going to have a great tr when I get back! I'm taking notes. ;) be back soon!

Well I don't want to put this off forever so I will start my TR now! I'm not excited to be back but DBF and I had an AMAZING trip. Everything went great. So here goes! I have to warn you though, I take pictures with DBF's phone, and while they usually turn out great, this time the resolution was unknowingly set to 324 or something. The pictures turned out small, and I was unhappy!! :sad2:

Thursday January 28: We woke up at about 3am and got ready to go. My truck was parked in the garage so we had our bags already in the truck and strapped down. By 3:30am we were ready to go, so we were off! We drove and on the 303 we saw a tipped over semi truck! :scared1: That was scary to see but it seemed like everyone was ok and no other cars were involved. We kept driving and I took a note that we got to the border at 6am, but I am not sure if that's AZ time or CA time. We kept driving and driving and didn't eat anything along the way because we weren't hungry. We got near Palm Springs and there was snow on the mountains!
0128000633.jpg

We arrived at DLR at about 9:30 and walked right in and used our MM. The crowds were more than I expected but it was still a lot less crowded than when I went in October and it happened to be Gay Days. :scared1: That was soooo crowded! My mom texted me and told me to send her a picture. This is what I sent her. :)
0128000919.jpg
0128000922.jpg

From there we went straight to Peter Pan. That was the only ride we rode because the line was kind of long and it was almost 10 by the time we got out. We decided to eat a breakfast burrito from Village Haus. When the rest of the park opened we went over to Adventureland. We got FP's for Indy and rode it, then went to HM and Pirates. At some point in the day we rode Buzz for the first time. I liked it, and I smoked DBF's score by 20,000. :rotfl:

We rode rides like crazy for most of the day. At around 1pm we went to DCA and went to Taste Pilots for lunch. We shared a B2BBQ Sandwich. That was soooo good! After that we went to check in at the hotel. I LOVED:lovestruc our hotel. It was so nice and clean, the people were nice, and the view from the top was great! We were on level 2 but we went to the top a few times to see and no one had any problem with it. :)
0130002045.jpg
(Sorry, I thought I had pics of the view)

After that we went to DCA for the rest of the time until it closed, and went to DL for the remainder of the night.

Friday January 29: We got up and had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. I had Smoked bacon and eggs from the healthy menu, and DBF had an omelet. It was so good! We loved it and will definitely be going there again. We didn't while we were there on our trip but we are going to use the last free breakfast this weekend. We did the same thing Friday as we did on Thursday. Rode rides like crazy! We went to DCA first. We went and rode Soarin' first.

0128001310.jpg
0128001311.jpg

We stayed at DCA until about 12 and headed over to DL to ride Pirates and HM before our PS for Blue Bayou at 1:10pm. We went in and within about ten minutes we were being seated. We kept walking closer and closer to the water. And every table I looked at thinking that was the one, it wasn't. He sat us by the water!! :) I was so happy. It was a good spot too. It took forever for the waiter to come take our drink order but it was alright. I told the waiter that I had eaten before our PS so I was only getting a salad, and he seemed like it was perfectly fine. (I hadn't eaten but I didn't want to tell him I was just trying to save DBF money!) DBF ordered the Monte Cristo. (Don't get mad, but :eek:) We didn't like it at all. I had one slice of the sandwich and my tummy hurt the rest of the day. My salad was really good though. DBF and I decided that just once was enough, until they get the cookie boat back. We rode rides for the rest of the day but I felt sick so we went back to the hotel at about 8-9 after we had used all of our FP's. We went to the top to watch the fireworks from there. I wasn't thinking it would be any good. There were a few people up there already. The fireworks started and I couldn't believe it but you could HEAR the music. It was awesome! We even saw Tink:tinker: flying from the Matterhorn! I was in awe. :) After that, it was bed time. :angel:

Saturday January 30: We had breakfast at McDonalds this day. I had a Yogurt Parfait (SO GOOD!) and iced coffee. DBF had a breakfast burrito and an egg McMuffin. We went to Disneyland at about 9:10. We wanted to go to DCA to ride TSMM because we hadn't done that yet. So we rode the train around once and by that time it was about 9:30-9:40. We got in the park and we didn't want to sit around and wait for the rest of the park to open so we went and rode Soarin'. I remember it being a walk-on. After that we took the GRR path to Paradise Pier. We got to TSMM and the line was probably about 30 mins. We didn't care too much so we waited in it.
0130001036a.jpg
0130001037.jpg

We really liked this ride! I didn't know DBF liked it as much as me until he told my brother about it when we got back about how cool it was. I couldn't believe how real it felt. I really thought things were flying at me, hahaha. After that we rode Screamin' of course! After that I took a bunch of pictures of Paradise Pier.
0128001158.jpg
0202001033.jpg

Then DBF and I thought it would be funny to make it look like we are part of the Billboards. :lmao:
0202001048.jpg
0202001049a.jpg

Later on we went to DL and had RRPP for a late lunch and early dinner. Then we went back to the hotel by closing.

I'm amazed at the quality of the pictures you got off the phone!!! Even pics from Soarin'.....I'm impressed!!

We loved Blue Bayou when we went last March, but sounds like some things have changed there & have read a number of not-happy customers when it came to there food.......real bummer!!

We actually had the Monte Cristo sandwich at Cafe Orleans & it was very good. Very hot, crisp.....but very rich. I can only eat one of the wedges.....but I think getting it when it's just out of the fryer is key....if it sits at all....to me, it would get greasy & definately cause a gut ache.

Liking the report & pics so far!!!

Sunday January 31: We had the same thing from McDonalds again. Today we went to DL first. I remember wanting to ride Space more than anything so we got the most FP's for it. For lunch on this day I think we went to DCA. I had Lucky Fortune Cookery and didn't like it. I got Terriaki chicken and it just wasn't what I was used to or something so I tried to finish it all. DBF had soft tacos from... Cocina Mexican Grill? After that we went back to DL and rode rides until about 4:30. Then we went to the hotel to get the truck and directions to Olive Garden. We went to the mall it was at and thought it was so funny that there was an Olive Garden inside the mall, right next to a Vans store. :rotfl: Now we decided that every time we go to our mall we're going to look for the Olive Garden. :sad2: I got salad :cloud9: and Minestroni (also :cloud9:) and DBF got Tour of Italy and extra bread sticks. SOOO GOOD! After we pigged out on that we went back to DCA until it closed I think at 8. Then we went to DL and got a good spot for the fireworks about 10 minutes before it started. They were amazing! After that we rode more rides and went back to the hotel.

Monday February 1: Today we went to the park at 9:30, and since it was opening at 10 we didn't get very far in. We went to some sort of bakery and I had chocolate milk and some of DBF's blueberry muffin for breakfast. As soon as it opened we went and rode rides. Which is pretty much all we did that day. We went to Target for head ache medicine and got lunch at Taco Bell. Then came back and rode more rides. At 8 when DL closed, we went back to the hotel. We weren't tired so we decided we needed to use our free movie rental from the hotel. We rented Step Father and got another pizza from pizza hut. About halfway through the movie stopped! :sad2: So we called the front desk and she said that they were having some problems and when it's back up we can rent whatever movie we want to. DBF was tired and didn't want to go through the whole part of the movie again so I decided to rent Twilight New Moon. I fell asleep about 20 mins in and was so disappointed!

Tuesday February 2: Today was the last day. :sad1: We checked out and put everything in the truck, and drove to the parking structure. I forgot to add but on Friday we upgraded our tickets to Annual Passes. DBF got a Deluxe and I got a Premium. So I had free parking at the structure. We put all of our bags inside my truck and went to the park. We knew the time would go by too fast. We went to DCA first to ride Soarin', TOT and Screamin' the last time. Then we went to DL and rode Indy, HM, Splash, and Pirates. Then we went to Space and found it was actually a walk-on. For the first time the whole trip we had a decent crowd amount! And we couldn't even take advantage of it because we had to leave. But first we rode Space like 4-5 times. Then we went back to the structure by 2:30 and got out of the lot by 3. We both had tears in our eyes. :sad1:

Pictures coming right up!

I'm amazed at the quality of the pictures you got off the phone!!! Even pics from Soarin'.....I'm impressed!!

I thought so too! We usually get GREAT pictures. I sold my camera because I realized I hardly ever used it. All of my pictures are taken from DBF's phone. I just wish I had set the resolution, but there's no way I would have known unless I looked into it.

Yeah I don't think we'll ever eat there. We didn't order anything else off the menu but it's too expensive and nothing really appeals to us. We also looked at the menu of Napa Rose and nothing sounded good there either. Maybe we're just too used to Taco Bell. :lmao:

At some point in the trip we rode Monsters Inc for the first time. When we got to (I can't remember her name... The secretary lady) I tried talking to her but she didn't say anything back. I felt incredibly stupid but then the lady in front of us said "She really does talk back!" And I didn't feel so bad anymore. :rotfl: But after we got off the ride, I looked out and I saw.... SULLY!!! I had to wait in line to get a picture with him. The line wasn't too long. I finally got up to him and DBF took these pictures!
0130001153.jpg
0130001154.jpg

Then he gave me one last hug and make kissing noises. I was so happy!! :sulley: He's adorable.

I took a bunch of pictures of the Haunted Mansion. Some of them turned out pretty good for being so small!
0202001153.jpg
0202001158.jpg

0202001220a.jpg
0128001019.jpg
0128001020.jpg

I also took some when we rode the Fun Wheel. We rode in a non-swinging one.
0128001212a.jpg
0128001213.jpg
0128001217.jpg

When we went on Tarzan's Treehouse DBF snapped a few.
0130001655.jpg
Drinking frozen apple juice!
0130001655a.jpg
Lol, I don't get this one!
0130001658.jpg
Haunted Mansion! :hmghost:

Random pictures coming up next, I think I went to 25.

0128001542.jpg

The view from the parking lot.
0129001700.jpg

DBF and I in the mirror in a shop in DCA. :lmao:
0129001755.jpg

Pretty Paradise Pier!
0129002123.jpg

I guess I did have a pic of the view from the hotel. :)
0130000929.jpg

Horsieee!
0131001002.jpg

Space Mountain!
0131001050.jpg

Me driving in front of DBF.
0201001625.jpg

0201001626.jpg

Good shots if they were bigger!
0201001833.jpg

In line for Nemo at night!
0202001029.jpg

GRR!
0202001030.jpg

The Map!
0202001113.jpg

0202001114.jpg

Tower of Terror, my favorite!

And that's it. =/ I took more video than I did pictures this time. It was a great trip, and I can't wait until we can plan another one just like it! Hope everyone liked my report. I tried to remember everything but we mostly just did rides the whole time. Nothing else really! I think we're going back in April for our anniversary trip. We might stay at PPH but not sure. Maybe I'll write another PTR soon! :goodvibes

That sounds like such a fun trip, and your photos were lovely! (Even if they were small. :) ) It's so funny that your DBF's phone almost certainly has a higher max resolution than my camera. :flower3:

So you got the APs, huh? How many more trips are you going to take to "pay" for them? :laughing:

Looks like you both had a great time.....even if you only did the rides.....lol :rolleyes1

I'm still amazed at the pictures you got with the phone.......awesome!! :yay:

I'll keep a look out for a PTR if you go back in April!!! :surfweb:

Thanx for sharing your trip with us!!!! :hug:

That sounds like such a fun trip, and your photos were lovely! (Even if they were small. :) ) It's so funny that your DBF's phone almost certainly has a higher max resolution than my camera. :flower3:

So you got the APs, huh? How many more trips are you going to take to "pay" for them? :laughing:
Thank you!

And we are planning on quite a few trips. We pushed moving out until summer and my loans are finally piling in so we have a bit of extra money now. :goodvibes Our trips don't cost very much so we can do it every so often if we cut back on eating out and doing much around here! The next planned one is our anniversary but DBF says he wants to surprise me sooner than that so I'll have to see!

Looks like you both had a great time.....even if you only did the rides.....lol :rolleyes1

I'm still amazed at the pictures you got with the phone.......awesome!! :yay:

I'll keep a look out for a PTR if you go back in April!!! :surfweb:

Thanx for sharing your trip with us!!!! :hug:

Haha! We meant to go to the Tiki Room but we just never got to it. I don't think DBF was very interested. Also we kept thinking "Oh we'll do it tomorrow" until finally "tomorrow" was the day we went home. :headache: Hahah.

Sorry! Haven't checked this in a long time. Too sad. :sad2: Even if we do get to go again a bit more this year, nothing will ever compare to that trip. So much time together, just me and DBF, holding hands and running from ride to ride. And we decided not to do the Tour, because we wanted to save money. We are going to do it another time when the trip doesn't already cost a lot of money!

Very nice report! I love all of the photos. Makes me wish I could be there right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter