Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Quick Update

So, I'm officially a Cast Member again! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I had my park orientation today, since I was moved from the Polynesian before I got here. I'm working at the production bakery in DHS, which is located behind Starring Rolls! I've been at MK a couple of times now, and Epcot once. I was going to hang out around DHS today after I got out of my orientation, but I really wasn't up to it.

The other night, when my roommate and I were at MK with some friends, I found something I've mentioned before that DF and I both want for the wedding. I had no idea they sold it in the parks, and it's apparently a new product that they didn't have before.

4E9DB6FE-FB3E-4FA3-A75C-5AE7CC003283_zpsofcbovyv.jpg

So I texted DF and told him that they carry it, so we've decided that once I have the extra money, I'm going to buy it. We want to get it from there because I'll be able to use my CM discount to get it, which will knock about $35 off the price.

That's really all that's going on right now. Nothing wedding related going on aside from wanting to pick that up when I have the money. And our bride and groom ears, since I want the headband and not the hat and he agreed to wear the groom hat.

That is a beautiful piece. I hope you're able to get it soon!!

I agree, I want the headband over the hat.

Congrats on becoming a cast member again!

That is a beautiful piece. I hope you're able to get it soon!!

I agree, I want the headband over the hat.

Congrats on becoming a cast member again!

I think it's going to be toward the end of the month, if not next month, when I pick it up. The woman I spoke to at the shop said that they should have it for a while, since it just came in a few days ago. So hopefully I'll be able to get it before it disappears!

The hat just looks weird to me and I'm not sure why. I'm not a big fan of the groom hat, either, but unless I can find the top hat for a reasonable price, that's what DF is getting :lmao:

Thank you! :teeth: I had my first day in my location today, which was good. We actually ran out of things to do, so they let us (me and two other CPs) go home early.

YAY for being a CM! Congratulations!

Sounds like you're having a great time at the World.

That's a great piece!

Sounds like you're getting all settled in and getting a little time to enjoy the parks too. The Belle and Beast figurine is beautiful.

Quick Update

So, I'm officially a Cast Member again! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I had my park orientation today, since I was moved from the Polynesian before I got here. I'm working at the production bakery in DHS, which is located behind Starring Rolls! I've been at MK a couple of times now, and Epcot once. I was going to hang out around DHS today after I got out of my orientation, but I really wasn't up to it.

The other night, when my roommate and I were at MK with some friends, I found something I've mentioned before that DF and I both want for the wedding. I had no idea they sold it in the parks, and it's apparently a new product that they didn't have before.

4E9DB6FE-FB3E-4FA3-A75C-5AE7CC003283_zpsofcbovyv.jpg

So I texted DF and told him that they carry it, so we've decided that once I have the extra money, I'm going to buy it. We want to get it from there because I'll be able to use my CM discount to get it, which will knock about $35 off the price.

That's really all that's going on right now. Nothing wedding related going on aside from wanting to pick that up when I have the money. And our bride and groom ears, since I want the headband and not the hat and he agreed to wear the groom hat.

I love that!! Beauty and the Beast are my favorite its so beautiful I had no idea they sold those at parks and congrats on getting back to the parks! Do you plan on using this as a cake topper or decoration at the wedding?

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

YAY for being a CM! Congratulations!

Sounds like you're having a great time at the World.

That's a great piece!

Thanks! :goodvibes It's going pretty well so far. I'm working the next nine days straight (we're getting ready for Star Wars Weekends), so I'm just taking it easy today. My roommate and I were supposed to go to DAK today, but I had laundry and a paper for my externship to do, so I unfortunately had to bail on her so I could make sure that was all done.

Sounds like you're getting all settled in and getting a little time to enjoy the parks too. The Belle and Beast figurine is beautiful.

Yeah... It's nice to be back, I just, you know, wish DF was here. My parents are trying to figure out a week where they can come down sometime next month, so he'd tag along with them. One of my friends and I hung out DHS last night after we both got off work. We wanted to go on Star Tours, since it was May the Fourth, and then we saw Fantasmic.

I really love that figurine :lovestruc

I love that!! Beauty and the Beast are my favorite its so beautiful I had no idea they sold those at parks and congrats on getting back to the parks! Do you plan on using this as a cake topper or decoration at the wedding?

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Same here! It was a very nice surprise to find it, and I fully plan on picking it up when I have the extra money. I think we'll probably just have it sit next to the cake, since it's pretty big.

And thank you! :goodvibes

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, becoming a Cast Member (again :D ), getting that gorgeous fluffy gown, and finding that lovely Beauty and Beast figure! What happened w/ your sis? *fingers crossed* all goes well.
:tinker:

Disney was our honeymoon destination 16 years ago :lovestruc, the only thing I've ever regretted from that time was not getting the mouse ear bridal headband. Please rock that thing! ;) Oh umm... following along obviously. popcorn::

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, becoming a Cast Member (again :D ), getting that gorgeous fluffy gown, and finding that lovely Beauty and Beast figure! What happened w/ your sis? *fingers crossed* all goes well.
:tinker:

Disney was our honeymoon destination 16 years ago :lovestruc, the only thing I've ever regretted from that time was not getting the mouse ear bridal headband. Please rock that thing! ;) Oh umm... following along obviously. popcorn::

Thanks! :goodvibes So far, nothing's happened with my sister. I haven't talked to her since before I moved down here, thanks to conflicting schedules and all that. But I'm going to talk to her about it.

That's awesome! I'm probably going to be getting the ear headband in a couple of weeks, but I want DF to try on the groom hat before I buy it for him. So that's going to wait until he gets here. Thanks for following along!

Glad to hear you're settling back into Disney life well! Great find with the Belle & Beast figure. Can't wait for you to be penciled in NEXT MONTH!!!

I'm glad you're settling in there. What are you making for SWW? :hyper: Or did you have to sign an NDA?

Looks like life at Disney is truly magical!

Well, it is and it isn't. I have fun when I can go to the parks as a guest, but I am still working. I like my job, but it's exhausting.

Glad to hear you're settling back into Disney life well! Great find with the Belle & Beast figure. Can't wait for you to be penciled in NEXT MONTH!!!

Me too! It's going pretty good so far. Just the usual CP roommate drama :lmao: I actually do have a question about being penciled in! Do we have to do it 16 months from the date we want, or from the month we want?

I'm glad you're settling in there. What are you making for SWW? :hyper: Or did you have to sign an NDA?

:rotfl: No, no NDA. I don't get to decorate, since I'm a CP, but we bake off and prep just about everything. The other day, I was cutting out the C3-P0 cheese crackers. We bake off the mini cupcakes that come in a three-pack and get topped with Vader, Jabba, and Yoda. One of my coworkers also did these little key lime pie bites that get topped with cocoa butter plaques with Jedi Mickey and Darth Donald on them. I can't post pictures of anything, though. We also have this new cake dessert that we're doing for Prime Time, which is ridiculously huge and rich. It's seriously just under a pound of cake, not to mention the toppings.

Cue Squeeing

DF and my parents are coming to visit me!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Unless something unforeseen comes up, they'll be arriving on June 5 (two days after my birthday!) and staying until early on the 8th. So it's just a few days, but it's better than nothing! We're going to be staying at All Star Sports, and have non-linked reservations. My parents are in one room and DF and I will be in our own room, preferably at least around the corner or on another floor. Pretty sure my dad wouldn't appreciate being next to us when we've been away from each other for two months :rolleyes1 I'm planning to run over to the gazebo with him while he's here (if I can drag him away from Star Wars Weekends long enough) so he can see it for himself. His main complaint about it right now is the color of the flowers, and I'm just like "...honey, they won't re-plant them just for us."

I don't know for sure if I'll have all three days off, but I'm going to talk to my chef the next time he's there. One of the other CPs in my location asked for that whole week off because her family is in town as well, but I just need Friday through Sunday, so I'm hoping he can make it work. Otherwise I'm going to see if there are any pastry cooks who need the hours that I can just give the shifts to :lmao:

But yay! I get to see DF in less than four weeks!

:love::love::love::love:

Squeeeeeeee!

Yay for the familial visit. Good move being away from your folks at the resort. :thumbsup2

Yay!! I hope you can get the whole time off! I know how much it sucks to work when family is in town (my family came to visit during my birthday........which is 4th of July week. Needless to say I still had to work).

In terms of penciling in, I think you do it 16 months to the day. We actually didn't make the call until 13 months out (cause we weren't engaged till 13 months out!) so I'm not 100% certain myself

:rotfl: No, no NDA. I don't get to decorate, since I'm a CP, but we bake off and prep just about everything. The other day, I was cutting out the C3-P0 cheese crackers. We bake off the mini cupcakes that come in a three-pack and get topped with Vader, Jabba, and Yoda. One of my coworkers also did these little key lime pie bites that get topped with cocoa butter plaques with Jedi Mickey and Darth Donald on them. I can't post pictures of anything, though. We also have this new cake dessert that we're doing for Prime Time, which is ridiculously huge and rich. It's seriously just under a pound of cake, not to mention the toppings.

I remember the vadar cupcakes and yoda cupcakes from SWW last year. I guess the Jabba ones are new. Good you don't have an NDA, but not being able to post the stuff is basically the same thing.

But yay! I get to see DF in less than four weeks!

Yay for seeing DF in a few weeks! Ah to be young again.... :rolleyes1

I could hear that squeal all the way on the west coast. :rotfl2: That's great you'll have company for your birthday. party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter