Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Squeeeeeeee!

Yay for the familial visit. Good move being away from your folks at the resort. :thumbsup2

Pretty much everything is set, we're just waiting to make sure that my dad and DF both have the time off. I'm pretty sure they'll get it, though. DF has a week's paid vacation to take before he transfers anyway. But yeah, even when we check in, I'm going to discreetly ask to be put away from my parents.

Yay!! I hope you can get the whole time off! I know how much it sucks to work when family is in town (my family came to visit during my birthday........which is 4th of July week. Needless to say I still had to work).

In terms of penciling in, I think you do it 16 months to the day. We actually didn't make the call until 13 months out (cause we weren't engaged till 13 months out!) so I'm not 100% certain myself

I talked to my chef and he said I can have it, so I'm pretty sure I'm good! :yay: It would especially suck, though, because my hours are 11:30 to 8, so it's not even like I'm working until midnight and can spend the morning with them. But my chef said I can have it, so yay!

Okeydokey :) I was hoping that it was to the month, since there's no guarantee that you'll get the day you want, but such is life. I know it's not an eventful call, but it's something I wish we could do together and not with a thousand miles between us.

I remember the vadar cupcakes and yoda cupcakes from SWW last year. I guess the Jabba ones are new. Good you don't have an NDA, but not being able to post the stuff is basically the same thing.

Yay for seeing DF in a few weeks! Ah to be young again.... :rolleyes1

It's actually not. The main reason they don't want us posting photos is because if someone sees something unsanitary in the picture and spreads it around, then the company will get investigated and fined. I can TAKE pictures sometimes and show them to individual people, I just can't post them on Facebook or forums or anything like that.

I know, I can't wait to see him! :yay: We just need to confirm that everyone has the time off.

Yay for your family coming to visit - that's super exciting!

I can't wait! :yay:
I could hear that squeal all the way on the west coast. :rotfl2: That's great you'll have company for your birthday. party:

It's the weekend after my birthday, but still! And on my actual birthday, one of my roommates and a friend and I are going to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast :teeth: I so totally can't wait for them to get here.

This is super good news! I totally understand about being away from your lovey. Kevin is gone all the time, and sometimes he's not in one place long enough for me & Alex to come for a visit.
He was just in CT, now he's in Toledo for about 2 weeks. And of course we never know where he is going next. (MAUI would be nice!)

Enjoy your visit!

It's Official!

My dad got confirmation today that he was approved for the time off of work for their visit, so it's official! DF and my parents are coming in two weeks! :yay:

I've already made the itinerary, so this is how it looks right now. We're staying at All Star Sports (it was cheapest) for three nights, from 6/5-6/8, and then they're going home.

:figment: Friday, June 5: Arrival, Epcot! :figment:
10am (approximately): Parents and DF arrive at All Star Sports, where I'm meeting them. They're driving here and I'll just take the CP bus over to ASSp, since it doesn't really make sense to have them pick me up. Check in and probably leave luggage with Bell Services, since I doubt the rooms will be ready. If they are, they shower. If not, oh well. Give my dad his graduation ears and get celebrating buttons for everyone ("I'm celebrating" for parents because my dad just graduated college, birthday for me because it's just before they come, and "just engaged" for me and DF because reasons). Bus it over to Epcot!
1:40pm: Lunch at Rose and Crown, all four of us
4:30pm-5:30pm: Fastpass for Spaceship Earth
6:05pm-7:05pm: Fastpass for Test Track
7:05pm-8:05pm: Fastpass for Figment
9pm: Illuminations
EMH until 11pm

At some point: World Showcase, Mission Space for my dad and DF, maybe have my mom meet Mary Poppins.

:darth: Saturday, June 6: DHS day, Star Wars Weekends! :darth:
Hopefully arrive at DHS very early, since DF wants to try and get a wristband to meet Ray Park
12pm: Take the boat over to Yacht Club and show parents and DF the gazebo
1:05pm: Lunch at Captain's Grille, all four of us
5:15pm-6:15pm: Fastpass for Toy Story
6:30pm-7:30pm: Fastpass for Tower of Terror
7:35pm-8:35pm: Fastpass for Star Tours
9:30pm: Fireworks
10:30pm: Fantasmic

At some point: Star Wars characters, GMR, Beauty and the Beast show, Indiana Jones show, and One Man's Dream.

:hmghost: Sunday, June 7: MK day! :hmghost:
Parents might sleep in this morning or hang out at the resort pool while DF and I head over to MK for park open.
11:40am-12:40pm: Fastpass for Space Mountain
1:05pm: Lunch at Be Our Guest, just me and DF :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
3:55pm-4:55pm: Fastpass for Haunted Mansion
4:55pm-5:55pm: Fastpass for Pirates
8:30pm: Dinner at Tony's Town Square, all four of us (might cancel, not sure, because I REALLY want to see Wishes with DF that night and if we're still in the restaurant during, I'll cry; I'm sure none of them will have a problem with Cosmic or something earlier in the evening)
10pm: Wishes
12am: Park close

At some point: Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Dole whip for family (I hate pineapple), TTA, Stitch, Monster's Inc, railroad, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, BTMRR. We're not currently planning to watch any of the parades, so some of this stuff we can hit during that time frame.

:sad: Monday, June 8: Departure :sad:
8:50am: Breakfast at Trail's End, Fort Wilderness
10:30am: I say goodbye to DF again and won't see him until July 31 :sad::sad::sad::sad: And the parents, but yeah. Kinda used to that at this point.
11:45am (approximately): I get home and cry.

:earsgirl::earsboy:

So that's the plan as it stands right now. DF and I are also going to pick up that Beauty and the Beast statuette as soon as we can so that we can have it delivered to the resort and not have to lug it back on the bus at the end of the night. I'm so excited about having got the BOG reservation! I just happened to check while I was on the phone with him tonight and it was available. I didn't even look at the time, I just booked it and then fiddled with our fastpasses to make it work out :lmao: I'm sure my parents won't mind going off and having lunch by themselves that day.

I'm so excited to see them, but I'm going to dread DF leaving :sad:

This is super good news! I totally understand about being away from your lovey. Kevin is gone all the time, and sometimes he's not in one place long enough for me & Alex to come for a visit.
He was just in CT, now he's in Toledo for about 2 weeks. And of course we never know where he is going next. (MAUI would be nice!)

Enjoy your visit!

Yeah, it's not an ideal situation, but we're making it work. We Skype at least every other night and text as much as we can, which helps. What does your DF do that he travels so much, if you don't mind my asking? I may have read it in your PJ, but I'm drawing a blank right now (been a long day).

We will! :goodvibes:

Have you checked the SWW weekends thread? Do you know how early you need to be there to get a Ray Park Wristband? I think they start lining up for him around 6PM the night before. I'm not sure you have to be there that early to get one, but you need to be there before like 6AM, maybe even 4AM because they come by around 6 or 7AM and hand out the bracelets and if you aren't in the top whatever, you don't get one. I would browse the thread. I found it very helpful last year. Evidently the gal does one every year since she is a local.

This is all so exciting!!! I loved planning my wedding and although we didn't go full Disney, we did have some great items like our Wall-e and Eve cake topper. One of my favorite finds! I can't wait to see what great things you have in your wedding!

Have you checked the SWW weekends thread? Do you know how early you need to be there to get a Ray Park Wristband? I think they start lining up for him around 6PM the night before. I'm not sure you have to be there that early to get one, but you need to be there before like 6AM, maybe even 4AM because they come by around 6 or 7AM and hand out the bracelets and if you aren't in the top whatever, you don't get one. I would browse the thread. I found it very helpful last year. Evidently the gal does one every year since she is a local.

No, I just now found that thread (didn't know it existed until you mentioned), but that's really ridiculous. It says on the website to get there early, so I'm sure people are going to do like we were planning (as soon as the buses start running) and are going to be upset. Because that's messed up. But whatever, Disney allows it. I'll let him know, but I'm guess that's off the plan now. My parents are not going to want to drive over there at 3am to sit and wait for several hours. Where do they even line up? I work at DHS and didn't seen any lines like that at park close last weekend... Meh. Not that important. I'll talk to him about it later.

This is all so exciting!!! I loved planning my wedding and although we didn't go full Disney, we did have some great items like our Wall-e and Eve cake topper. One of my favorite finds! I can't wait to see what great things you have in your wedding!

Thank you! :goodvibes I can't wait to see how it turns out either :lmao: I'd love to see your cake topper, if you have any pictures! Two people in our bridal party got engaged on Christmas and they love Wall-E, so I think they'd get a kick out of that :)

OMG! I can't believe this is one of the threads you found to post on!. Firefly was one of my first DIS friends from way back! I hope you enjoy chatting with everyone about fun atuff, especially wedding plans while you're here!

Where do they even line up? I work at DHS and didn't seen any lines like that at park close last weekend...

When we went, we arrived around quarter to 7AM for out tour and it looked like they had everyone lined up near the loading dock for the Friendship boats. But they were moving the lines from the line up area to the place where they would be distributing the wrist bands when we were arriving. I know as we approached the bag search we saw a guy going back to his car with a sleeping bag.

Here's a couple pictures that I took that morning.

These people are most definitely ready for the long haul in their wait.

No, I just now found that thread (didn't know it existed until you mentioned), but that's really ridiculous. It says on the website to get there early, so I'm sure people are going to do like we were planning (as soon as the buses start running) and are going to be upset. Because that's messed up. But whatever, Disney allows it. I'll let him know, but I'm guess that's off the plan now. My parents are not going to want to drive over there at 3am to sit and wait for several hours. Where do they even line up? I work at DHS and didn't seen any lines like that at park close last weekend... Meh. Not that important. I'll talk to him about it later.

Thank you! :goodvibes I can't wait to see how it turns out either :lmao: I'd love to see your cake topper, if you have any pictures! Two people in our bridal party got engaged on Christmas and they love Wall-E, so I think they'd get a kick out of that :)

Yes!!! When I get home I'll find a picture of it! It's really stinkin cute!

OMG! I can't believe this is one of the threads you found to post on!. Firefly was one of my first DIS friends from way back! I hope you enjoy chatting with everyone about fun atuff, especially wedding plans while you're here!

When we went, we arrived around quarter to 7AM for out tour and it looked like they had everyone lined up near the loading dock for the Friendship boats. But they were moving the lines from the line up area to the place where they would be distributing the wrist bands when we were arriving. I know as we approached the bag search we saw a guy going back to his car with a sleeping bag.

HEY!!! Yes!!! I just saw it was about Disney weddings and of course nothing makes me happier!!!

YAY! It's official. So excited for you.

Your plans sound great. Hope SWW works out for you and DF.

HEY!!! Yes!!! I just saw it was about Disney weddings and of course nothing makes me happier!!!

And now you're over 10 posts, so I'll sent you a PM!

Sorry to hijack your thread Dana! @cinderella313 is a 3D friend who I referred to the DIS because she is planning various trips and I've been bugging her for a while to get up to 10 posts so I can send her link to a TR that would help her with her upcoming cruise.

Yeesh... Well, I told DF that it was his decision, but that we'd need to take a cab from ASSp, since my parents won't want to go that early. So he's decided that it's not worth it to try for any autographs. We can always give it another shot next year :)

Yes!!! When I get home I'll find a picture of it! It's really stinkin cute!

Okay! :yay:

YAY! It's official. So excited for you.

Your plans sound great. Hope SWW works out for you and DF.

A couple things have shifted, mostly just in that we've decided to not go for any autographs and just enjoy the day at SWW. I'm hoping he won't be dying to go into Darth's Mall, since the lines are ridiculous. I also did cancel our Tony's reservation, since there's no guarantee that we'll be out in time to see the fireworks.

And now you're over 10 posts, so I'll sent you a PM!

Sorry to hijack your thread Dana! @cinderella313 is a 3D friend who I referred to the DIS because she is planning various trips and I've been bugging her for a while to get up to 10 posts so I can send her link to a TR that would help her with her upcoming cruise.

It's okay! I don't mind the hijacking :) :goodvibes

Fran wanted to know if you would mind being a personal shopper if we sent you gift cards....being there at SWW and all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter