twinkybel81 & workmantm's Wishes VR 12.06.16 Japan/ADH/Lochside UPDATE 11/23 Two Weeks Out!

I'm sort of obsessed with the fact your husband and son are wearing kilts!!!!

Hehehe! The day I met him, my husband was wearing a kilt (he wears them when he isn't at work) and that is part of what caught my attention. ;-)

Last edited:
Yesterday we booked a trip to WDW for the first week of December and I'm so excited!!! It'll be our first time being out there with the Christmas decorations up, we are planning on doing photo shoots with two photographers to help us make the final decision on who to hire for the wedding, and the most exciting part is that we are (hopefully) going to be able to sign our contract with DFTW while there for the wedding, since it will be just after the 1 year mark, and any possible lottery will have already taken place. I'm super duper excited!!!! We may also be looking at asking for a different combination of venues than we had originally discussed, to make the flow of the day better/more what my husband is looking for. It will mean dinner reception minimums instead of brunch, but we were going to easily surpass the brunch minimums anyhow, and we will also likely scale back on the guest list a bit to accommodate the higher minimum, which isn't a problem at all. :-)

I know this was only sort of wedding related, but I was just excited to finally have something new to post. ;-P

Oh, you're going to love being at WDW at Christmastime! It was so beautiful and festive, and I can't wait to go back sometime. That's so exciting! Fingers crossed that there's no dreaded lottery, and you get the venues you want. :thumbsup2

Oh, you're going to love being at WDW at Christmastime! It was so beautiful and festive, and I can't wait to go back sometime. That's so exciting! Fingers crossed that there's no dreaded lottery, and you get the venues you want. :thumbsup2

We live about 20 minutes from Disneyland and I've been an AP or CM for the last almost 20 years and Christmastime at Disneyland is by FAR my absolute favorite, so I know Christmastime at WDW is going to be awesome. Truth be told, that is part of why we decided on a December event. :)

I can't believe your wedding is so close! I don't comment much, but I have been following along pretty much since the beginning of your planning. Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it. :)

Just popping in to say that we made our first official wedding purchase a couple weeks ago!!! Even though we can't sign our contract until December, it's never too early to start buying things here and there. We had decided awhile back that we wanted to use the Jack Skellington Pokitpal box as our ring box. Unfortunately, after making that decision, we couldn't find them for sale in the Parks anymore. We inquired with the cast members and they said that they had not been discontinued, but they were not sure when they would be back in stock. Fast forward to two weeks ago, my son and I were at Disneyland for a few hours, so I decided to duck into Disneyana to check, and they had them! Needless to say, I bought one right away. :) Pictures below.

pokitpal1.jpg
pokitpal2.jpg

I seriously cannot stress enough how much I LOVE your theme!
I tried so hard to talk my DF into a Halloween cruise so our theme could be Nightmare Before Christmas
but he thought we needed more time for planning :worried:
I will now be following along on your wedding planning journey and live vicariously through you and your amazing wedding!​

I seriously cannot stress enough how much I LOVE your theme!
I tried so hard to talk my DF into a Halloween cruise so our theme could be Nightmare Before Christmas
but he thought we needed more time for planning :worried:
I will now be following along on your wedding planning journey and live vicariously through you and your amazing wedding!​

Thank you, Nikki!!! And welcome! It's great to have another bride along for the ride, especially one who digs our theme as much as we do!!! :hmghost:

Both rings currently fit inside the Jack Skellington pokitpal, but we may end up getting the Haunted Mansion stretching portrait pokitpal as well so that each ring has it's own holder. We shall see!

Oh, I love your Jack ring box!! It's great on its own, but a second HM one sounds awesome. I didn't know they made a HM one!

Oh, I love your Jack ring box!! It's great on its own, but a second HM one sounds awesome. I didn't know they made a HM one!

Thank you! :)

They have a few different HM pokitpals. This is the one we are looking at (because it is what is in stock at the parks):
$_35.JPG

Though if they get this one back in stock, I think I like it better:

hmpokit.jpg hmpokit1.jpg

Like the Jack ring box best. He is such a unique character.
Following along finally. Love your theme! And your story. Firearms-- my husband would LOVE to meet you guys!

I am following along too. Really liked reading your story on how you two met. Too bad you had such a bad start with the wedding planner but things seem to be moving along well for you now. Love the theme of the whole wedding. I am a huge fan of the haunted mansion and Nightmare before Christmas. I adore the Jack Skellington ring boxes with the haunted mansion one that is out of stock as a close second.

I am following along too. Really liked reading your story on how you two met. Too bad you had such a bad start with the wedding planner but things seem to be moving along well for you now. Love the theme of the whole wedding. I am a huge fan of the haunted mansion and Nightmare before Christmas. I adore the Jack Skellington ring boxes with the haunted mansion one that is out of stock as a close second.

Hello and welcome!!! Thank you for following along. :wave:

Super exciting update you guys!!!!!

So guess what we did yesterday?! We booked our cinematographer for the wedding!!!! I'm so ridiculously excited, I can't even begin to tell you. :banana::cheer2::jumping1:

The funniest part about it is that we have said from the beginning that we weren't really interested in having/paying for videography, so it wasn't something we were planning on ....... Until about 2 weeks ago when Hydra shared links to her cinematographer friend that will be shooting her day, and I fell in love!!! I watched the videos she had shared, and then proceeded to go to his website and watch everything he had posted there. That evening I told The Husband that I had fallen in love with a videographer, so I showed him the videos and he agreed that we should contact him to get a copy of his price sheet! EEEEEEEE!!!!

Fast forward through a week of emails back and forth (including a recommendation from Hydra, thank you SO SO much!!!), and a getting to know you phone call, and he put together a proposal we couldn't say no to (including a discount for paying in full at the time of booking)!!! So yesterday morning, we reviewed the contract, signed it, and submitted our payment in full and received confirmation of booking. It probably seems a bit early in the game, since we can't sign our contract until December, but we had to have him. One of the coolest things about the whole situation is that he is also a huge Disney fan and seems just as excited to be shooting our wedding as we are to be having him shoot it.

Without further adieu, you can visit his website http://adamgrumboweddingfilms.com/ or his FB page https://www.facebook.com/GrumboFilms?fref=ts to see some examples of his absolutely stunning films!

Last edited:
Super exciting update you guys!!!!!

So guess what we did yesterday?! We booked our cinematographer for the wedding!!!! I'm so ridiculously excited, I can't even begin to tell you. :banana::cheer2::jumping1:

The funniest part about it is that we have said from the beginning that we weren't really interested in having/paying for videography, so it wasn't something we were planning on. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching everyone's teaser trailers and films, but we didn't see anything that really wowed us, at least not enough to drop that kind of cash to have it on our day...... Until about 2 weeks ago when Hydra shared links to her cinematographer friend that will be shooting her day, and I fell in love!!! I watched the videos she had shared, and then proceeded to go to his website and watch everything he had posted there. That evening I told The Husband that I had fallen in love with a videographer, so I showed him the videos and he agreed that we should contact him to get a copy of his price sheet! EEEEEEEE!!!!

Fast forward through a week of emails back and forth (including a recommendation from Hydra, thank you SO SO much!!!), and a getting to know you phone call, and he put together a proposal we couldn't say no to (including a discount for paying in full at the time of booking)!!! So yesterday morning, we reviewed the contract, signed it, and submitted our payment in full and received confirmation of booking. It probably seems a bit early in the game, since we can't sign our contract until December, but we had to have him. One of the coolest things about the whole situation is that he is also a huge Disney fan and seems just as excited to be shooting our wedding as we are to be having him shoot it.

Without further adieu, you can visit his website http://adamgrumboweddingfilms.com/ or his FB page https://www.facebook.com/GrumboFilms?fref=ts to see some examples of his absolutely stunning films!

Yay!! That is super exciting! Congrats! It is so nice forever having a copy of the story of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter