Twice in the same year?

We did in 2003. We had our May 7 day cruise already booked when they announced the 4 day DVC Member Cruise. So we did the 4 day in Feburary followed by the 7 day in May. It was great!

Yes, it was a guilty pleasure! Actually, three times in 12 1/2 months. And loved every minute!

Karen
Wonder 11/01
Magic 3/02
Magic 11/02
Carnival Destiny (don't ask) 12/03
Booked on Magic Eastbound Panama Canal 8/05

We have done 2 cruises in a year many times.
Being from Chicago, we like to go somewhere warm in Jan/Feb.
The best price for cruises is in Sept/Oct, so we can do that one for about half the price of the one in Jan/Feb. I usually try to do 2 different sets of ports when we do 2 in one year.
This year we are doing a Carnival cruise in June and then a RCCL in Sept.
One year we did a NCL cruise in Feb and then friends talked us into a RCCL cruise in April. We got off one ship, went back to work for 5 weeks and went again. Life is good when that happens!!
Cruises have been very inexpensive the last few years, why not do 2?
I did a 7 day Princess out of San Juan last August for $610.00 (balcony cabin) for $610 per person. The cruise we are going on in Sept will cost $815 per person for a balcony cabin.
This is for cruises to the carribbean, Alaska & Hawaii are very expensive.
I still think taking a cruise is the cheapest form of a vacation. (not counting the bar bill at the end of the week)
This year will be our 15th and 16th cruise.
Go on 2 or 3 a year - leave any guilt on the dock when you board!!

jkfreeman33 said:
We have done 2 cruises in a year many times.
Being from Chicago, we like to go somewhere warm in Jan/Feb.
The best price for cruises is in Sept/Oct, so we can do that one for about half the price of the one in Jan/Feb. I usually try to do 2 different sets of ports when we do 2 in one year.
This year we are doing a Carnival cruise in June and then a RCCL in Sept.
One year we did a NCL cruise in Feb and then friends talked us into a RCCL cruise in April. We got off one ship, went back to work for 5 weeks and went again. Life is good when that happens!!
Cruises have been very inexpensive the last few years, why not do 2?
I did a 7 day Princess out of San Juan last August for $610.00 (balcony cabin) for $610 per person. The cruise we are going on in Sept will cost $815 per person for a balcony cabin.
This is for cruises to the carribbean, Alaska & Hawaii are very expensive.
I still think taking a cruise is the cheapest form of a vacation. (not counting the bar bill at the end of the week)
This year will be our 15th and 16th cruise.
Go on 2 or 3 a year - leave any guilt on the dock when you board!!

Thanks...that makes me feel better for even thinking about it. We just took one back in January, but now I was thinking of September or October...but I just don't want to have to wait until October 2006 to go on our next cruise. I just wasn't sure if I would be crazy to try and do 2 in one year. Maybe I can talk the DH into! We are skipping the beach this year, so maybe another cruise will compensate for it!!!

UGAFan0829 said:
Has anyone here ever cruised twice in the same year?

Yes, we did our first 4 night in July2002 and then another 4 night in January 2003 and then a 7 night in June 2003 and then another 7 night in January 2004! I did another 7 night in October 2004, just not on Disney though.

We have done 13 DCL cruises all tolled, but have done three in a 12 month period.

Feb....Sept.....Jan (2 7-day and a 3-day)

and other time we did four 7-day in a 15 month period.....

Feb....Aug.....Jan.....May

If you can do it, go for it!

We did what was supposed to be a 7 day in September, but due to Hurricane Jeanne it was shortened to a 5 day. With our re-fund and discount, my DW and I took a 7 day in January. We loved being back on the ship that soon!

We were taken on our first 4 night Wonder DCL cruise by my late DMIL, and liked it so much I booked the 7 night as a surprise for DW's birthday 7 months later (though those two cruises were different calendar years).

Then we had long since booked next week's 4/2 Magic cruise when a cancelled WDW trip last November led to a "replacement" trip in the form of a 4 night Wonder in January of this year. So this year's two DCL's will end up being 11 weeks apart, and that is part of the thrill--no matter what else I do, DS can (hopefully) remember that his ol' dad was a fun enough guy to book two DCL cruises w/i a couple months of each other.

You can also find threads about folks doing back to back cruises.

I will have 3 in this calendar year - 2-4 day Wonders and a Western on the Magic. Plus I was on an Eastern last September. I love it!

I did....12 years ago....on the 7 day RCCL Mexican Riviera. Went in May with my DH (then boyfriend)...had so much fun that I had to take my parents and sister on the same exact cruise in the same year December. It was affordable back then (no kids & a full time job) plus it was Cruise Only.

We will be doing two cruises in eight nights in November (back to back four-nights on Wonder). When we complete those, we will have done three four-night cruises within twelve months!

Beth

We do six to eight a year...we are totally addicted!
Disney cruises are something that I never get tired of :goodvibes
Barb

Last year we did the 7 night Western, and in September went on the 7 night Special Eastern... I do not think this will be a yearly thing..But I can wish...

If you can swing it, go for it.... :goodvibes

we did the 3 day at the end of Sept with kids (missed CC)....

decided our vacation didn't "take"

Went back and did the 4 day the second week in December......

It was kinda cool.....our servers from the first cruise still remembered us when we saw them....

I did three cruises within 8 months, one lucky year. We went on a 4-day in January, a 7 day in May, and a 3 day in September. I wish I could do that every year!!

Dang... what do you all do for a living and are you adopting?

That said, I AM TAKING MY SECOND CRUISE IN 8 MONTHS. My first Wonder cruise was awesome in 2003 so we took another one in 04 but due to hurricanes, food problems, wait staff and missing castaway cay, it wasn't as good. So I felt COMPELLED to try again and recapture the magic of the first cruise. But this time we're doing the 7 night western. Yippeeee! Thank God for Florida Resident Rates and cat. 11's. I don't care if they put me in the broom closet, just get me on the ship!!!!!

One more question for y'all....... How do you get your kids out of school that many times in a year? In our school district they passed a law that kids can only miss 5 days due to vacation in a given school year. (bummer, this really interferes with off season specials) It used to be ten days, but they cracked down. I can't travel in the summer because of my business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter