Tweeting from the Parks? Sign In! UPDATED 9/24/2013!

Don't take this the wrong way, or that I'm wanting a debate or argument, because I don't, but I don't get this whole tweeting thing, tweeting, twittering, face booking etc.? Why would you want to take precious time out of a vacation, when time is everything to get on a computer or black berry and communicate to the outside world. :confused3 I have absolutely no interest in this and don't even understand the appeal. I get email which I use and is great, but I would never email anyone from vacation unless there was an emergency. I'm on the computer all day long for my day job and the last thing I want to do on my time is have anything to do with a computer/black berry unless there is something that I absolutely need.

Whatever happened to picking up a phone and just talking to someone. :confused3

For me, it takes all of 2 seconds to type in what we are doing so other people can see and possibly upload a photo of where we are at from my iPhone. This way, i can share my experiences with all who are my friends.

I guess my point is I don't understand the concept of giving everyone a blow by blow, minute by minute account of your vacation/life etc.? :confused3 I mean my friends get annoyed and vice versa if we call each other more than a few times a week. If they were sending me constant texts/emails/calls/tweets etc., I would completely turn it off and not even be remotely interested in that much detail. I mean when I get back from vacation I usually call most of my friends and give them some details. Just don't get the whole minute by minute updates.

Last time I was on vacation, part of the trip we were at this lovely beachside resort, had a great huge grotto pool, on the beach etc., I saw this girl about 17-19 yrs old or so, the whole time for like hours, she was staring at her phone. :confused3 I wanted to go over there and say, hey, your at the beach enjoy your time, you can stare at your cell phone when your back in New Jersey, just don't get it, sorry. :confused3

I wanted to go over there and say, hey, your at the beach enjoy your time, you can stare at your cell phone when your back in New Jersey, just don't get it, sorry. :confused3

You're right, most people just sit on the beach with their eyes closed getting a tan.

I agree with you to a point. I don't understand the whole Facebook/Twitter thing either. If it wasn't for Disney I don't think I would use Twitter at all.

As for Disney Twitter, its just another slice of Disney that Disney addicts get to taste. Last week in the middle of an insanely hectic day I got a Tweet from someone in Disney enjoying a Dole Whip. The last thing that was on my mind at that point was a Dole Whip, but seeing the picture of it put a smile on my face and took me away from the anarchy for a few seconds.

Plus its a great gauge on crowd levels and weather for people who have an upcomming trip.

Hope that makes some sense to ya.

That's cool :thumbsup2 I mean its a free country people can do what they want, I'm just so anti all that, I don't even text anybody, I screen my calls, don't even answer my landline ever. I guess I'm just anti-social, these things are really for people that are really into being social. I kind of do my own thing, with a few close friends or family and I hide from the rest of the world usually. I like my privacy.

That's cool :thumbsup2 I mean its a free country people can do what they want, I'm just so anti all that, I don't even text anybody, I screen my calls, don't even answer my landline ever. I guess I'm just anti-social, these things are really for people that are really into being social. I kind of do my own thing, with a few close friends or family and I hide from the rest of the world usually. I like my privacy.

Heh. You reminded me of Shrek just then. :rotfl2:

Don't take this the wrong way, or that I'm wanting a debate or argument, because I don't, but I don't get this whole tweeting thing, tweeting, twittering, face booking etc.? Why would you want to take precious time out of a vacation, when time is everything to get on a computer or black berry and communicate to the outside world. :confused3 I have absolutely no interest in this and don't even understand the appeal.

Then why post in a Twitter thread? To gain insight or pontificate your own opinion?

If people want to do it, then what business of it is yours? :confused3

For me, it takes all of 2 seconds to type in what we are doing so other people can see and possibly upload a photo of where we are at from my iPhone. This way, i can share my experiences with all who are my friends.

and we appreciate it! :thumbsup2

I'll be tweeting during Turkey Day week in November. I will probably be giving thanks for short lines, wherever I can find them! ;) twitter.com/JlybnTN

Don't take this the wrong way, or that I'm wanting a debate or argument, because I don't, but I don't get this whole tweeting thing, tweeting, twittering, face booking etc.? Why would you want to take precious time out of a vacation, when time is everything to get on a computer or black berry and communicate to the outside world. :confused3 I have absolutely no interest in this and don't even understand the appeal. I get email which I use and is great, but I would never email anyone from vacation unless there was an emergency. I'm on the computer all day long for my day job and the last thing I want to do on my time is have anything to do with a computer/black berry unless there is something that I absolutely need.

Whatever happened to picking up a phone and just talking to someone. :confused3

Why do you spend so much time on the DIS? Same reason we tweet. there's a community out there for it. Picking up the phone to talk to someone takes a LOT longer than tweeting. I can walk and tweet...I'm a FABULOUS multitasker. :lmao: For people that are technologically advanced, it takes MAYBE 10 seconds to send a tweet, update FB, etc. I can see how the technologically challenged won't like it though. And seriously? When I'm standing in line for Thunder Mountain...and NOT moving...and staring at the guy with a hairy back in front of me...it's not ruining my vacation to pull out my phone and tell the people who care what I'm doing. :confused3

Do you read trip reports? Again, same concept. People are curious about these things. I also know my friend LOVES Pirates. So every time I'm in adventureland, I'll snap a pic on my phone and send it to her. It makes her day and helps spread the Disney cheer.

If you don't like it? Don't do it. But why in the world would you come complain in a twitter thread?! obviously you're bored..maybe you should take up twittering and facebook..it'll help pass the time away :rotfl:

Well, I guess I can get in on this if people really want to see me and the wife and our fun in WDW!

twitter.com/foosnickity

I promise lots of pics and reviews!

Thanks for all the info everyone has posted that has helped plan our trip. We will be in the parks on Saturday September 26th thru Sunday October 4. I will be updating my twitter page as time allows for anyone who might be interested.

twitter.com/Dizneycrew

I'll be tweeting during Turkey Day week in November. I will probably be giving thanks for short lines, wherever I can find them! ;) twitter.com/JlybnTN

Please remind us when the time draws nearer. :thumbsup2

Well, I guess I can get in on this if people really want to see me and the wife and our fun in WDW!

twitter.com/foosnickity

I promise lots of pics and reviews!

When are you going?

Why do you spend so much time on the DIS? Same reason we tweet. there's a community out there for it. Picking up the phone to talk to someone takes a LOT longer than tweeting. I can walk and tweet...I'm a FABULOUS multitasker. :lmao: For people that are technologically advanced, it takes MAYBE 10 seconds to send a tweet, update FB, etc. I can see how the technologically challenged won't like it though. And seriously? When I'm standing in line for Thunder Mountain...and NOT moving...and staring at the guy with a hairy back in front of me...it's not ruining my vacation to pull out my phone and tell the people who care what I'm doing. :confused3

Do you read trip reports? Again, same concept. People are curious about these things. I also know my friend LOVES Pirates. So every time I'm in adventureland, I'll snap a pic on my phone and send it to her. It makes her day and helps spread the Disney cheer.

If you don't like it? Don't do it. But why in the world would you come complain in a twitter thread?! obviously you're bored..maybe you should take up twittering and facebook..it'll help pass the time away :rotfl:

Exactly, fabulously said. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the info everyone has posted that has helped plan our trip. We will be in the parks on Saturday September 26th thru Sunday October 4. I will be updating my twitter page as time allows for anyone who might be interested.

twitter.com/Dizneycrew

Following :thumbsup2

Your right about the bored part :lmao: (at work is when I dis) but actually the comments make me understand it a little more. I mean I'm not running out to do it, but I get it a little more now.

I tweeted from July 30-August 6(I know too late sorry.) But I find it quicker to send in a text to my twitter than get on a computer and update my MySpace page and stuff like that. I posted a thread the night before I left that had my Twitter account on it and I invited everybody to follow if they wanted and I got a lot more followers. It just goes to show how Disney brings complete strangers together(kinda like on the DIS.)

We went 8/20-8/26 and I tweeted the whole time! Makes other people feel like they are there with you!

twitter.com/nickyp84

Sorry, about not saying the dates. I will be there tomorrow through next Sunday. (9/26-10/4)

twitter.com/foosnickity

I even made my first test post (with pics!)

Hope everyone enjoyed my Tweets yesterday.

Here is a link to pics :tink: http://*******.com/y9jct2o

Orly

Ok, I'm not sure what is wrong here but it is supposed to be

tiny <no space> url dot com / y9jct2o

Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter