Tween Club for boys???

sunrise717

Mouseketeer
does your tween boy enjoy the tween club on the dream? My aunt doesn't think her sports/outdoor loving son will like the club? What do they enjoy in the club?

My son enjoyed the Edge on the Fantasy twice. They don't stay inside the Edge for all of the activities. There are scavenger hunts & activities on the sports deck as well. My son enjoyed the video games with his friends.

My son also enjoyed Edge. Video games, scavenger hunts, dodge ball on the sports deck.

My 12 year old son loves it! They are very active and have lots of fun.

I can tell you in about a month - we leave for the US next Thursday and we will be on the Wonder for two weeks ;) :) :) :): ) My Tween son had better love the Edge as its the only choice he Has!!

My DS 14 now has loved the Edge each of the last 3 years! They don't really stay "in" the Edge like the Club or Lab, its more fluid. They kids will go in to meet up, do a few activities then leave. Go and hang for a while then head off in groups to do other things. It is VERY important that he go the first day to meet the other kids, especially the first night to the ice breaker activities. After that good luck seeing him again!

does your tween boy enjoy the tween club on the dream? My aunt doesn't think her sports/outdoor loving son will like the club? What do they enjoy in the club?

Edge is different than the Club/Lab. The kids are allowed to come and go as they please and may or may not spend their time there. For some, it's just a rally point and they'll head out to the sports deck to play games once the kids that are hanging together assemble. My daughter would meet up with her "cruise friends" there, they'd figure out what they were going to do and do it. Sometimes it was in the Edge, sometimes it wasn't. They went and rode the AquaDuck one night, then went and did the Midship Detective Agency together. Another night they hung out in Edge and listened to music. There will be some structured activities, but there's also a lot of spontaneous activity. Personally, I think it's important for the kids to go on the first night and meet the other kids and form "cruise friendships" and help the CMs chart out the plan for the cruise. The kids tend to drive more of what happens in Edge.

Just got back from the wonder with two 13 year old boys. They didn't love the Edge. They went a few times and did a couple things but for the most part, they felt like the crowd was a bit young for them and they preferred to do things on their own.

Just got back from the Dream with DD12, DS11, DD11 - DS11 did not love the Edge. He was not keen on the fact that if an activity was going on he had to join in that activity even if it wasn't something he was interested in. He actually ended up spending more time in the Lab where he could surprisingly be more independent. He was active on his own on the Sports Deck or going for a run on deck 4.

After looking at some of the posts here (my DS 14 and DD 13 also just got off the Fantasy last week and had a ball with the Edge and their group) its important to remember not all kids will respond the same. Some teens like to jump in and do the events and hang out and others do not. If your Aunt's son like being involved in activities in his everyday life then the Edge will be great, if he would rather hang in a smaller group or gets less involved he probably won't like the Edge. Its just there as an option for those that want it, there are certainly other ways to have fun on the ship.

My son will be about a month shy of 10 when we cruise. Will he be allowed in the Edge or is it strictly 10 years old regardless of how close?

You don't want an almost 10 in the Edge.
Although most kids are good, some of this group tends to form a 'pack' & can be mischievous when they are allowed to wander on their own. Overall, I'd suggest the Edge as being good, but I'd monitor to some small degree.

My son will be about a month shy of 10 when we cruise. Will he be allowed in the Edge or is it strictly 10 years old regardless of how close?

My son turned 10 the second day of our SC cruise. They wouldn't let him in until his birthday. They have to be at least 10.

In regards to the Edge my kids love it. It's the main reason we stick with DCL. If the kids are having fun then mom and dad can go have fun. It's a win-win for all of us.

Just off the Fantasy and our DS (12) liked Edge but didn't love it. He much preferred spending time on the sports deck. Each day at sea at 3:00 Edge took over the sports deck and played dodgeball which he absolutely loved. He did one of the scavenger hunts which he liked and a couple of other activities but he isn't a "hanging out" kind of kid so unless there was a sports related item he didn't go to Edge much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter