TV in cabins -- HDMI?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by polynor, Dec 25, 2012.

1. polynor

polynor Mouseketeer

My husband thinks he'll have nothing to do on board is prepping his portable devices.
    He wants to know -- do the TV's in the rooms have HDMI ports on them so he knows whether to pack the cable?

Anyone know this? I told him I would ask on the board.

Setting sail shortly on the New years cruise!! Would appreciate any answers!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cruise

Cruise <font color=blue>Wake up, your month is up!;)</fon

Whether compatible or not, the DCL FAQ says such items are prohibited.

From the DCL FAQ: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

While this might just be because they don't want the possibility of people damaging their televisions, I'd be reluctant to bring them because you'd run the risk of having them removed from your bags and held until the end of the cruise. I'm guessing the stateroom hosts have also been instructed to tell a supervisor if they see such items hooked up.

I'm sure someone else will pipe in to say that they've taken such things without problem, but just offering my two cents and pointing you to the DCL site so you can make your decision.

HTH.

4. ssanders79

ssanders79 NO FLASH photography means just that!

The TVs do have hdmi inputs and they do work. They also have an VGA port to plug in a laptop.

5. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

Yup we have plugged in our portable dvd player many times. Never had it removed and even asked at guest service if it was okay and they said yes.

The old Tvs they had were not compatible.

6. polynor

polynor Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses!
    We're not bring a portable DVD player -- he wants to plug in his tablet. which they wouldn't confiscate because it's always with him....