Tutto Italia vs Trattoria al Forno

addiln

DIS Veteran
We will be stay at BWV this next trip and trying to decide between the two of these places. It is just two of us going on this next trip. We went to Via Napoli last trip and I was very disappointed in it. I heard such great things about it and just don't see it being that good. What are your opinions on these two and which one would you rather go to?

Il Mulino at the Swan (right next door from the BWV's) is our favorite Italian on Disney property;) If you're considering Trattoria al Forno go try Il Mulino instead! Fantastico!!

Il Mulino at the Swan (right next door from the BWV's) is our favorite Italian on Disney property;) If you're considering Trattoria al Forno go try Il Mulino instead! Fantastico!!
I agree. If you were disappointed by Via Napoli, and you are considering Trattoria al Forno, walk the extra 30 steps over to the Swan and go to Il Mulino.

This! Really no reason other than curiosity to try Trattoria when Il Mulino is so close.

We loved Tutto for lunch on our most recent trip. It has become a new favorite.

We weren't a huge fan of Il Mulino... I'm in the minority but everything was just very plain and under sauced, maybe we ordered the wrong thing? We wouldn't go back (even though we enjoyed the eggplant with the bread and lemon alcohol afterwards). It was ok but nothing we would go out of the way for, and the place was totally empty. Tutto Italia is on our list this year! Interested to hear replies!

Last edited:

We weren't a huge fan of Il Mulino... I'm in the minority but everything was just very plain and under sauced, maybe we ordered the wrong thing?
What did you order?

What did you order?

I don't remember what these were called, but it was 2011, and people raved about it then too. Everything was OK, just sort of like thin watery sauce. But maybe we ordered the wrong thing. The egglplant starter was good. Finding pics

Last edited:
We really like Trattoria al Forno! Definitely better than Tutto Italia. We had Christmas dinner at Trattoria and everything was really good. We also like Il Mulino, but the service is a little slower than Trattoria. I also love going to Trattoria and then just enjoying the entertainment on the Boardwalk afterward.

We weren't a huge fan of Il Mulino... I'm in the minority but everything was just very plain and under sauced, maybe we ordered the wrong thing? We wouldn't go back (even though we enjoyed the eggplant with the bread and lemon alcohol afterwards). It was ok but nothing we would go out of the way for, and the place was totally empty. Tutto Italia is on our list this year! Interested to hear replies!

I agree. I tend to scratch my head at all of the outstanding reviews it gets but then again we eat amazing Italian in NYC and New Haven all the time so that may be why we found it extremely underwhelming.

I keep saying I've got to give Il Mulino another try. I must have ordered wrong or something. I don't remember specifics because it was so long ago (maybe 7 years?). I just remember it being really salty and acidic, but everyone I've talked to about Il Mulino (including my husband) loves it!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter