Tutto Italia Candlelight question

Belle5

DIS Veteran
I was told that it is a buffet. A tier 3 buffet? How crazy is that! There is no information about what will be on supposed buffet. I booked anyway just in the hopes that it is NOT a buffet. Any better info. than what the CM was able to give me?

Thanks!

I have also booked this for CP. They didn't mention anything about a buffet.:confused3
We booked this at 180 days out for 12/24.

I booked it too and was not told it was a buffet. I'm with you, Belle5...a tier 3 should not be a buffet.

I wonder if everything else is booked by now?

I booked this yesterday and was able to get a seating for all eight of us at one table. That would lead me to believe that there still might be seating available at other restaurants-especially for smaller parties than mine.

BCV23, I knew you were thinking of switching to December. You did it! What are your dates and what night are you doing Candlelight? We are seeing it on the 18th at 6:45. (Tutto Italia at 4--unless I decide that it is a buffet in the tradition of, say, Biergarten--then I will switch or completely drop it!) Last time we did Candlelight it was at another Tier 3--Le Cellier--and that's the level of dining I would expect! If it IS a buffet, it better be SOME buffet! ;)

I was told that it is a buffet.
You were told this by a Disney Dining CM? Did the CM read this to you from the reservation system? Or was the CM simply sharing his or her "knowledge" with you?

I have not read any reports that Tutto Italia will be a buffet. I've only read that Patina will operate a temporary Italian eatery, Tutto Italia, until it is closed again in spring 2008 for a new "flagship" restaurant that will debut in fall 2008.

If various Internet postings are correct, Tutto Italia will open on September 17 (one week from now). I'm sure there will immediately be reports on this board about the restaurant and its menu.

Because Tutto Italia would be able charge more money as a conventional table service restaurant than as a buffet, I would be very surprised if it opens as a buffet.

The dining CM read to me a description off of her computer screen. Both of us were suprised! I wonder if it will be buffet style when it's in the "temporary" stage until fall 2008 when it officially reopens as the new flagship restaurant??? (Kind of like the place in Epcot that opens for a Mother's Day brunch or other special occasions where lots of seating is needed...) Surely, one would think that that were the case it would be priced as a tier 1 for candlelight...

Belle5, I just called Disney Dining and asked the CM to check. Her info gave no detail. She thought the CM you talked to probably read the general CP info that says the CP package may be a buffet or appetizer/entree/dessert. She has TI CP package booked for her family too so was interested.

She doesn't think it will be a buffet as she pointed out correctly that the restaurant is just not set up that way.

My son and I are actually going end of Nov.. We've not been there at the height of Christmas season for a number of years, we had some DVC points burning a hole in our pockets and so booked a quick trip for just the two of us.

Horace, that does make sense.:thumbsup2

BCV23,

That sounds reasonable that she was reading off the general CP offerings. Let's hope that is the case! I will look forward to it far more if it is traditional table service. How about you give us a detailed review when you come back after your November trip? I know I can trust your opinions. I hope you and your son have a terrific time!

Kathy

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kathy. I'll do a review or at least PM you.

But like Horace, I think we'll see reviews before that. All the info I've seen said the restaurant was opening this month. On the DIS in one particular thread someone guessed that only CP reservations were being taken because the restaurant would only open for that event. It was a guess but seemed to take on a life of its own on this board.

It made no sense to me. I also would not be interested in having a CP dinner in such a makeshift manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter