Tut-Tut, it Looks Like Rain! May '09 Trip Report. *Finished! 9/27 Pg. 69.

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lady Lallie, May 31, 2009.

1. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I think it could be quite romantic there, especially at night. :thumbsup2

I have only seen the France film, I wasn't interested in the ones where I had to stand up. :rotfl2:

I would recommend an umbrella. I bought mine for $2 at Walmart and it fit in my mailbag VERY nicely!

The food was really good, I really want some more of that lobster bisque.

I love playing match maker! It's fun. Next time we'll have to bring a picture of C. Hehehe. Love You, C! ;)

I knew you'd appreciate the Spaceship Earth pancakes. I even thought of you when we stopped, don't you get a little freaked out when that happens?

I'll make sure to bring your picture next trip too! :laughing: I heard he's going to Disneyland in September. :confused3

:lmao: I bet they don't call it French Onion Soup. Oh, that cracks me up.
    We really have become lifelong friends!

If ANYONE ever sees that bunny please buy him and I will pay you for him! :rotfl2: I want that little thing. I told Marc he should start scouring ebay for it.

That wasn't the last time I got stopped on Spaceship Earth either!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

I love the Spaceship Earth pancake remark.:rotfl:

We're having dinner at Chefs instead of lunch. I'm sad we'll miss Remy and the Chefs Menu. Oh well. I'll try once more (at least) to get Le Celier and Chefs switched.

Sorry about the pouring rain. I wasn't aware May was monsoon season in Orlando.;) I'll have to check out the little umbrellas at Walmart this weekend.

4. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Do you know if you can get that grilled sandwich at dinner? It looks so good and I think I need some French Onion Soup with it? I didnt see the sandwich on the menu so was just curious.

5. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Yes, that would be me. I am very claustrophobic, and I can usually ignore the thought that I am in a big, dark sphere. When it stops, though, I just start thinking about it and sweating. :scared:

6. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I think Remy is at dinner just until a certain time, when is your ADR?

I don't see it on the menu either, maybe you could ask?? I don't know if they can accommodate that or not but it's worth asking I think.

7. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about the bunny! Poor Marc will never live it down.

Also had I known you were going to be hunting husbands for your friends I would have put in a request! :rotfl:

8. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I won't lie, when we were backwards it was a little scary for me looking around and realizing I could easily fall out. :eek:

9. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

I was never more glad to have gotten on a ride than when we worried about becoming Spaceship Earth pancakes. I laughed so hard on that ride that I cried it was wonderful...some great memories were made on that ride LOL!!!

Lunch was fantastic and Andrea was yummy to look at!! He was definitely quite the catch for C LOL I will happily make sure C gets an introduction!!

I was bummed with you about no bunnies LOL...I'm curious did you ever find a stuffed animal??????

10. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Oh well I will just add you to the picture list for my next trip! Maybe I should come up with a questionnaire so I can match make with better results. ;)

I haven't been too terrible about the bunny but you can bet that I will pull it out next time he tries to discourage me from buying something. :rolleyes1

11. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

You know I never did find a stuffed animal. I couldn't find one that really spoke to me. Though I did want one of those little mermaid babies with the blanket but they were almost $20 and I just couldn't justify that!

Was it Andrea and not Andreas? I couldn't remember. I was distracted. ;)

We did laugh pretty hard on Spaceship Earth. I think I got everything in there, did I miss anything? Though I know later we referred to another ride becoming pancakes...oh was it pirate pancakes? I can't remember. I just remember cracking myself up. :rotfl:

12. Northern Disney Girl

Northern Disney Girl DIS Veteran

I totally felt the exact same way when I first met Jen! :woohoo: It was like seeing a really great friend that I hadn't seen in a long time! :lovestruc She is just sooo great! Miss you Jenny! :hug:

Also a great place for tired kids to have a nap! This is what we discovered! :thumbsup2
    On behalf of Canadians all across this great Country I say "Thank You!" I saw the O Canada show for the first time in January and I even felt more patriotic than I had in a really long time! We ended up buying the Four Parks, one world Cd which includes the song and I tear up every time I listen to it! :)

13. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

YAYAYYAYAYAYAY. :yay: I caught up. Whew! OH what fun posts, what a swell first day so far! I have to laugh though, there are so many self-confessed "criers" reading your TR!!! :laughing: I cry at everything too! Comercials, you name it. No wonder we all love Disney.

AND the room looks great! Glad the travel part went off well, looking forward to hearing about the pins, if they came back, etc., and just loved reading about Chef's! We have lunch there, too! Can't wait! :thumbsup2

Also laughed that so many readers were already counting light fixture photos!!!! :lmao:

We are determined!

Your first day is shaping up despite the rain!!!! :goodvibes

14. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

I SO enjoyed that update!!!!! I have never been to Chefs, but it looked amazing......Love REMY!!!!

15. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

This is my favorite fixture of the bunch!

16. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

It's not quite been 24 hours since I checked for an update and ...phew :scared:three pages of reading. What a wonderful start to your trip. I love the pics of Remy. As far as the light fixture are concerned, I am totally going to lose the bet. :sad2: I think you already posted at least 15 already!

I am really hoping to read a few more updates before I leave, cause I know I will never catch up again when I get home!

17. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

Remy looks amazing. I would love to see him, but I pretty much eat American food only. I am very picky. Maybe to see him I could branch out a little. We will see. By the way I love the title of your report. Pooh is one of my favorites and I love that scene with him and Christopher Robin. Too bad you had to deal with so much rain though.

18. drakes

drakes DIS Veteran

I had never considered Chefs before either, however the food pics and having a window seat would be a nice way to break from the the parks.
    I love your light fixtures, the photos are brilliant!

How disappointing about the bunny... I will share my new thought on toys, I am a pack rat - I save everything and anything that touches my heart or has a memory attached. I also do not like to throw anything out because I or someone paid good hard earned dollars for it. Well as I have moved there has been a need to scale down. I now take pictures of things I at one point couldn't part with. I now have the memory locked up in that photo. It's nice that you have the photo and that can still speak to you the way the little bunny did. :hug:

I have many pictures of Disney toys I'd love to have but couldn't justify (for example French Minnie - I love her little pink beret!) If I had the pic available here I'd post it.

Anyhooooo - thank you again for sharing your trip with us ! :goodvibes Loving it!!

19. Jennifer48

Jennifer48 Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at

Every time you speak of rain, all I can do is sing in my head "oh the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down" :rotfl:

I'm so sorry your beloved bathrobed bunny was no where to be found. :hug:

Remy looks so cool! :thumbsup2

20. BellaSoleil

BellaSoleil Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Love it! Chef's looked awesome! I'm totally going there for lunch next time around.

21. julezdisney

julezdisney Boo to the b!

That's so sad about the bunny! I was really hoping you would be able to get it this trip! I'm loving your report so far, LL- thanks for being so quick, it makes me soooo excited for my last 3 mos of waiting!