1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Tut-Tut, it Looks Like Rain! May '09 Trip Report. *Finished! 9/27 Pg. 69.

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lady Lallie, May 31, 2009.

1. Sarilas

Sarilas Ruled by the mouse.

FINALLY caught up! I haven't been on BTMRR in years, and then only at Disneyland... think Jose will give me a Mickey bar if I ride it again in November?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

What a FUN last day!! Watching wishes from the Poly beach looks so nice. I hate being stuck in the crowd.

Sorry your trip report is over, it was a great read.

4. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

That was ONE FUN LAST DAY FOR SURE!!!! I am so proud of you for riding BTMRR!!!! Way to go girlie!!!! Now, if you were riding with Megan, you would be giggling the whole time at her enthusiasm on that ride!!!! Just remember that next time!!! ;) Can't wait for the final thoughts!!!

5. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

I enjoyed hearing about your final day, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. You got some good fireworks pictures.

6. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

It was really neat to see both the fireworks and the water pageant at the same time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like those caves get close on BTMRR!

Disney food is amazing....mmmm. You are probably eating some right NOW. Nope I lied...you just sent me a text message. :laughing:

I am really looking forward to seeing Spectro in January. In fact I'd like to have a viewing spot like Brook's when she got the Castle into her Spectro photos!

Yes you do! They are like little pieces of heaven. MMmmmmmmm!

Yeah, I was over my trip by the time I got to the airport. So UNmagical. UGH.

It did have great moments. I think my expectations were set too high and then when some things didn't go as planned it just was too much for me.

Oh, we should start a We hate Balloons club. :laughing:

Thanks Heidi! I knew you had mentioned these things before. I'm writing them down for January.

Thanks. I like passing on a little bit of pixie dust!

No it doesn't. I think I'll be better prepared for it in the future. :thumbsup2

Seriously! There were many people asking those types of questions at our gate too. People need to chill. I mean it's not like they are going to let kids be separated from their families. I've seen flight attendants shuffling people around to accommodate families before.

It was really nice. I think I need more relaxing time throughout the trip next time. I think I was too ambitious in May.

7. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

It was a good end. I love my Pool Time!

They will be coming up soon!

You are so right! It's not always the kids. George was seriously awesome. It was a great flight. :thumbsup2

He really was a lot of fun.

It was!

Yes, it is hilarious. Something she does often too whenever Disney comes up.
    I really enjoyed watching Wishes from the Poly. It was a nice way to relax, enjoy fireworks and not get frustrated with the crowds.

8. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Of course I had to squeeze in one last pretzel!

Yes, a nice flightmate makes a world of difference!!

I'd love to get stuck on HM again. We had a great scene to watch. Now getting stuck on Spaceship Earth in the black tunnel...not so exciting. :laughing:

That is so true!

I really do enjoy having a car at Disney. I never thought I would but it's so much more convenient and I felt like I had more flexibility.

They were playing the Wishes music I believe. I know for sure it wasn't the Water Pageant music.

Yes, Mom is an ice cream lover. Don't get me wrong I love it too, but give me a pretzel any day over ice cream.

Yes, George was great. And the anticipation for the ride is the worst part. I had a meltdown in the Space Mountain line when I was 13. :laughing:

Yes. Tell him I said so. ;)

Thank you!

Thanks. It was a fun ride!

Thank you. I had a lot of fun getting those firework pictures. A lot of them came out really nice!

9. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Hey Leslie! Glad to see you finished the report, even though I'm a bit late getting to it. ;)

Laughter is so contagious, isn't it? :goodvibes

Awesome fireworks pictures!

And how great that you had an entertaining seatmate on your flight home. Defintely makes the trip pass quickly.

10. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Thank you. It really did make the flight go by faster! I was so ready to be home at that point so it was nice.

11. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I'm almost at a loss to do Final Thoughts on a trip that has been over for 4 months.

*I think I learned a lot this trip about my Disney touring style. I think Jen & I were too ambitious in what we wanted to accomplish in our time together. I think we have a much more realistic plan for January.

*There is more rain in May than in September...during Hurricane Season. :laughing: Seriously though....I'm not crazy about going back in May. Maybe I would go earlier in the month but not that close to June again. It was hot and more crowded. I'm a low crowd kinda gal.

*I'm so glad that I was able to go with two wonderful gals, Jen & Mom. It was so wonderful meeting Jen and exploring Disney with her. I was a little disappointed in Mom & I's time but that is mainly because of my stupid feet. I'd love a re-do trip with Mom someday.

*My feet. My stupid blister filled sore hurting feet. I have this tendency to buy bandaids and blister blockers everytime I go to Walmart. I will never ever ever ever EVER have feet like that. What I should have done was rented a scooter sooner. My feet needed the rest badly. Walking on blisters is not fun at all. I haven't quite decided what my plan of attack is going to be for January in regards to foot care but there will be a plan for sure!

*All Star Music. I can't say anything bad about ASMu. I liked it. It was a great value for your money. What I didn't like was that the buses shared with the other All Stars. I think I was spoiled with Jen having a rental car. I think I will plan on a rental car from now on. I never thought I would think a rental car was important but you can get so much more done and you have greater flexibility. I like that. I would stay at ASMu again. I really want to try a moderate resort to see the differences. I think I will enjoy the amenities more but a value is great to make a trip more affordable and you can't beat that sometimes!

Thank you for following along with this Trip Report! I've loved reading all of your comments and hope to see you over at my PTR for January! :goodvibes

This Trip Report is officially OVER. :upsidedow

12. Sarilas

Sarilas Ruled by the mouse.

I have to say, I am definitely a low crowds kind of gal myself. And your concerns about the shared buses are the reason I switched to Pop, even though well have our own car this time around...

Can't wait for your next trip, LL!

13. meeko_33785

meeko_33785 <font color=teal>Surrounded by characters<br><font

I was begining to wonder if you were going to wrap this one up. Glad you did. It was a great trip report, and besides the rain and your foot troubles, it sounds like it was a great trip.

Glad you liked All Star Music. Hopefully Movies is just as good. I'm hoping we have a little time to check out Music while we're there. After all your pics, I'd love to see the Broadway section.

Again, great report. I've really enjoyed it. :)

14. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

So sad that it's over! Thank goodness you vacation to WDW frequently so I can keep getting my fix :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

15. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

I wish someone could convince MrIwontrentacar that renting a car is the way to go.....
    Although we would need a giant van in December.

16. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

This is so cool! It's so great that you and Jen got to be such fast and furious friends! I love how you guys complement each other so much. What a dynamic duo!

I think I need to start buying those blister blockers too because my feet really gave me considerable discomfort this last trip. I never want a repeat of that. The worst was getting out of bed in the morning and wondering how in the h--l I was going to walk any farther than the bathroom. The only thing I had to put on my feet was a tube of triple antibiotic ointment (I always bring that on trips). It actually helped and I would recommend and use it for future blisters.

I liked ASMu, too. It's sort of a toss up what I like better - POP or ASMu. I actually thought the buses were worse at POP. I agree that the value resorts are, indeed, a good value and take the sting out of an expensive trip.

I totally agree with this. The car made it so easy for DH and I to visit so many great resorts for dinner. It took the stress out of waiting for a bus and wondering if we were going to be late. Plus, that darn ME gets you back to the airport about 2 1/2 hours before your flight. That is too dang early.

17. princess&her4princes

princess&her4princes DIS Veteran

What a great TR, LL! I loved following it and look forward to the next one!! I'm with you on foot care, my Mom had a terrible time with blisters this past trip, we rented a wheelchair right away, cause I remember what a hard time you had!!:goodvibes It made things MUCH better for us. And those blister pads are a lifesaver, too! So thanks for the tips, you made our trip better following those rules!

I'm with you on staying at one of the All Stars, we did our 1st family trip at Movies and it was great, we loved it, but I hated having to stop at all the All Stars to drop off/pick up, with the kids it was WAY too much, hence why we've done POP now twice. It makes a huge difference on traveling!

I hate to see this end, but look forward to many more trips by you! Thanks again for sharing!!:goodvibes

18. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

Loved your tr. So sad to see it end. But can't wait for your Jan tr :goodvibes

19. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

I am so sad that your trip report is finished. :( Despite your horrible foot pain and the rain, you had a lot of great moments on your trip -- I can't wait for you to head back! :goodvibes

20. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

I can't believe your trip report is done already. I've enjoyed reading it - the good and the bad. I feel so terrible that you had so much rain this trip. I've gone on several Disney trips at the end of May/begining of June and always had gorgeous weather. I think this was just a crazy bad weather year.

Can't wait to hear about your January trip!

21. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Leslie. It was great fun to read about your adventures with Miss Jen and Mom. Now I'm looking forward to reading all about the plans for a pain and rain free Disney re-do in January.:goodvibes