Tut-Tut, it Looks Like Rain! May '09 Trip Report. *Finished! 9/27 Pg. 69.

I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying your trip report.

I read your last one from your honeymoon and enjoyed that one as well....

Looking forward to the rest of your trip with your mom.

Denise

Could the missing pictures be on the internal memory of the camera? not on a card?

Weird about the missing pictures! :confused3 I knew 5 just couldn't be right! :lmao:

Sounds like overall a nice day. A DIS meet, CoP, your pretzel, CHH - which I'm going to have to try, Pirates.

Good for that girl shutting down the hooligans. Don't mess with DISers! pirate:

So Country Bear Jamboree? You enjoyed? I may have to try that again. I remember liking it as a kid. I may try Tiki again too.

The bus stop experience sounds frustrating. I did notice on my last trip that Disney seemed to keep "extra" buses queued up near the bus stops and would assign them as the queues got long. Too bad that didn't happen to you. I could be imagining it but I also think there is something about the value resort buses - either fewer of them or that many more ppl trying to get on them?? One night at Epcot I had to wait for the THIRD bus to Pop. :eek:

Yeah for your Mom arriving tomorrow with blister reinforcements. I feel so badly that your feet were in such tough shape. I really hope that doesn't happen again in Sept! :hug:

That's really weird that your pics were not on your camera. They could be on the internal memory, hopefully they are.....:)

That is just too FUH NEE about the mother/daughter behind you telling those teens how it is..:rotfl: AND Cudos to you for riding POTC by yourself and surviving the drop!!!!:cool1:

I'm glad that you got another day of needed rest for you feet, I hope that when your mom arrives that your feet feel much better with all of the supplies she's bringing. Mom's are the greatest!!!:goodvibes

Can't wait to here about the rest of your trip and I'm staying up to date on your PRT, sounds like you're going to have a wonderful, truly relaxing trip...

A day by myself at MK--- that sounds heavenly. Sorry that you got soaked as you waited for the buses... that stinks since you were trying to beat the rain.

I am bewildered by the memory card and the photos. Must...solve...this...mystery! :lmao: Seriously, that's weird. What a bummer.

Sounds like you had a really nice start to your day and enjoyed some Magic Kingdom alone time. You definitely got on some of my favorites, and I love to read about them. pirate: :hmghost:

Oh no!! I hope you find your pictures!! That's so weird. Great update though!! Oh and in response to your response, I loved the Tinkerbell movie too!! I'm excited they're making another one!! Yay!! I love Tinkerbell!! Sounds like you had another relaxing night, sorry you got wet though!! It was probably good for your feet again to just relax though. Can't wait for more and hear how your mom liked the trip!!

That is so strange about your camera eating your pictures! :headache: But, I find it pretty funny that 4 of the 5 are light fixtures! :laughing: :goodvibes

And more rain! Ugh! But, it does sound like you got quite a bit in before the rain and had a decent day at MK-and not much foot pain! :thumbsup2

I'm all caught up! I loved the Photopass pictures. So weird about the pictures missing from your memory card. :confused3

I'm with you on HM -- I LOVE it and it's one of my very favorite rides, but I don't think I'd be able to ride it alone, either. I need someone with me to hold on to. :rolleyes:

OOH a DISmeet...how fun was that!! I'm so glad you were able to meet up with them and enjoy COP together!!!

Awww...I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience at CHH I really enjoyed their fish when I went, must have been an off day!!!

And more rain...boo that is no fun at all...and to get soaked...yucky!! However we do have your mom coming to look forward too and I can't wait to hear about all the little things you guys did!!!

Your day at MK sounds so nice....love all the breaks and the shows you decided on...that probably helped your tootsies some!:thumbsup2 I laughed about your reaction to HM and POC by yourself, I think I'd be the same way!!! And I don't blame you one bit for calling it a day and staying in....that rain sounds HORRIBLE!!!!:scared1: Yay..your Mom is on her way!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!:goodvibes

I love Columbia Harbor House! We always sit upstairs. I had the chicken and fish combo when I was there the last time. The atmosphere is really nice. I would be kind of freaked out to ride the Haunted Mansion by myself too. :thumbsup2 for being brave!

Tuesday May 26th. Day 5, Part 1.

I didn't wait too long for a MK bus and was able to grab a seat. That was important with my feet. I sat down every chance that I got. I did feel a little bad because there was a mother who came on the bus, the rest of her party was split up all over the bus and she had her little girl with her. She was also carrying two cups of coffee. No way she could hold them and the handle. I told her that I would be more than happy to hold her coffee and that I would give her my seat but I had hurt my feet and didn't really want to stand up. She was so grateful that I offered to hold her coffee and she told me not to worry about the seat. We had a nice chat on our way to MK. I love Disney moments like that. :goodvibes

I love meeting nice people at the world. It's really all part of the magic!

After our ride, Cynthia and her daughters went to find a Dole Whip and I went and had another Cream Cheese Pretzel. :cloud9: I think this is my favorite snack at Disney World. So good!
am putting the Cream Cheese Pretzel on my "must do" list for September!

Winnie the Pooh and Snow White had long wait times so I passed on those. I decided to see Mickey's Philharmagic. The line was outside but in no time at all I was inside and I could have sworn that I took pictures of the posters inside, in fact I know I did but they are not on my memory card. Weird.
Sorry you can't find you pics! That stinks! :sad1:

The fish was way overcooked and hard to eat. I barely ate any of it. The chicken was good, your basic chicken. I'd try Columbia Harbour House again but I wouldn't order the fish again.
Bummer.

I really did enjoy the atmosphere of Columbia Harbour House. It's very pretty and colonial. I just love it!

I like it too. It's a really cool atmosphere.

After lunch I headed to Haunted Mansion. I will admit...I was a little creeped out riding this by myself. :laughing: But I survived and really enjoyed it.
I remember feeling a little freaked out when I rode it by myself, too.

I made my way over to Frontierland and looked in a bunch of the little shops. I usually don't spend a lot of time in Frontierland since I usually skip Splash and BTMRR. After the shops I went to wait for the Country Bear Jamboree. I hadn't done this on my last few trips. I remember it being lame-o last time but maybe I am becoming more lame-o because I really liked it this time. Glad you enjoyed it this time!

I was just in front of these ladies, looked like Mom and Daughter. They were very much in the know, I figured they were probably DISers but I didn't say anything. Now...we had about a 15 minute wait or so, so not a horribly long wait or anything.

Now I was standing in line, I heard people asking if this is the Fastpass line...I chalked it up to people not knowing what they were talking about. About 5 minutes later, there was a new group behind the Mom & Daughter pair. Then I hear the daughter say, "Don't even try that Fastpass crap with us. You just cut all those poor people and you know very well that you don't have a Fastpass ticket."

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Apparently these hooligans were cutting poor people in line who didn't know any better! What jerks. Stuff like this annoys the crap out of me, just wait your turn. That's ridiculous and Annoying!

I had a nice cruise with Captain Jack, though it was really freaky going on that drop by myself. :laughing: Agreed!

I was soaked from head to toe. The rain was just whipping right through the bus stop. I was in the front of the line and I had my back to where the rain was coming through and my hair was plastered towards the front. I looked real pretty. :rolleyes: Ok - This rain is starting to get on MY nerves and its not even my trip!

I was very much looking forward to Mom coming the next day. She was bringing blister supplies and more socks for me since I hadn't packed them for everyday of the trip. Her flight was getting in around 10:30 so I wasn't planning on heading anywhere in the morning...I'd just wait for her call when she was on the Magical Express. :goodvibes
Yeah - We're finally going to meet mom!

We enjoyed our CHH to go, but I had the tuna sandwich. VERY yummy!:thumbsup2

Boo to more rain! You almost made it out dry, LL! I think another night of rest and foot recuperation sounds good. Hope it helped!

AND I agree with ILuv XU. A day in the MK alone sounds wonderful.:cloud9:

She was so grateful that I offered to hold her coffee and she told me not to worry about the seat. We had a nice chat on our way to MK. I love Disney moments like that. :goodvibes

I love chatting with people at Disney -- it's always so nice!

I really enjoyed walking slowly, taking in all the little details. It's so nice to be solo and not worry about anyone else having a good time or getting on the rides they want to ride.

I want a solo trip!

I remember it being lame-o last time but maybe I am becoming more lame-o because I really liked it this time.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: You crack me up, LL!

Now I was standing in line, I heard people asking if this is the Fastpass line...I chalked it up to people not knowing what they were talking about. About 5 minutes later, there was a new group behind the Mom & Daughter pair. Then I hear the daughter say, "Don't even try that Fastpass crap with us. You just cut all those poor people and you know very well that you don't have a Fastpass ticket."

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:This is classic! I love it!

I was soaked from head to toe. The rain was just whipping right through the bus stop. I was in the front of the line and I had my back to where the rain was coming through and my hair was plastered towards the front. I looked real pretty. :rolleyes:

The best I remember, it rained pretty much the whole night.

Ugghhh! That stinks!

Great update, LL! I always love reading about your trip!

It sounds like you enjoyed some of your solo time!

Sorry you had a bad experience at CHH...I love the theming there as well..You know I never noticed the light fixtures there until those pix....I'll have to look again.

Sometimes the best thing about being at WDW and alone is the option to stay in your room! Glad you were able to get some rest and just relax before your mom got there.

Your solo day is making me so jealous. This weekend I was talking to DH and mentioned taking DD by myself for a day trip if he didn't feel like going again and he was all insulted that I didn't want him to go with us. A solo trip is going to take a lot of work. :sad2: I'll just enjoy your solo trip for now.

It sounds like your day was wonderful! Sounds very relaxing in spite of the rain and your feet.

The photopass pics are great too. I love the new balloon shots!

Pffft! I should wait until tomorrow....;)

:thumbsup2

Not nice! :rolleyes1

Love, love, love the photopass pictures. I am another one who is not big on the photopass pics, but I so want one holding them Mickey balloons now. DS wanted one of those balloons the first trip and we had to explain to him we would get it but he could not take it home since we fly. He is now 10 and made a comment the other day that it is too bad he cant get one of those Mickey head balloons. He still has not gotten over it. :lmao: Poor mis-treated kid.

That was really nice of you to hold the coffee for the lady who had to stand, thats why I love Disney!

Philharmagic is my favorite 3D show also, I dont think I could ever watch it to many times.

Sorry about your missing pics. I hate when that happens.

How many memory cards do you use normally?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter