Tuskerhouse vs Chef Mickeys

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by mummabear, Feb 2, 2013.

1. mummabear

mummabear DIS Veteran

We currently have bookings for both Tuskerhouse and Chef Mickeys. We have PP+ but the chef Mickey reservation is outside of the 14 days. Will we just meet the same characters? Would you do them both on the same trip?

2. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Last time I was at Tusker brfst I saw: Donald outside so your pp+ pkg pic, Daisy, Goofy,Mickey all in safari gear.
    Chef mickeys: Last I knew pp+ pic was with big plate cut out. I saw mickey, pluto, donald, chip, dale, minnie all in kitchen/chef attire.

I'd either drop chef mickey or depending on how meals are set up hold off until in 14 day window so you could get all the rest. pkg pics.

3. cheesemouse

cheesemouse DIS Veteran

It depends on if you are doing them in conjunction with a park day. We tried to do Tusker House before the park opened and the service/character interactions were soooo slow that it took about an hour and a half to have breakfast and we missed being ready to go at park opening and it really threw the rest of our day off.

4. jtowntoflorida

jtowntoflorida Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney

To be clear: PP+ is only for the pre-meal picture; you take pictures with your own camera when you meet the characters during the meal. At Tusker House, you meet Donald (in safari gear) before the meal. That's the picture you get with PP+. At Chef Mickey's, prior to the meal you have your picture taken with a small statue of Mickey Mouse. It is totally NOT worth it with PP+, IMO. You are fine not using your PP+ for that Chef Mickey meal. All you'll be missing out on is a picture with a statue. In other words, all the pictures with live characters at Chef Mickey's will be taken with your own camera.