Tusker House for dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by snarfblatt, Oct 8, 2012.

1. snarfblatt

snarfblatt Mouseketeer

I know I am going to get mixed reviews...

But I also know my 9 yr old loves AK, so dinner here would be convenient.

I know there are no characters at dinner and that's ok..

Is the food good?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AggieMom28

AggieMom28 Earning My Ears

I really enjoyed the food at Tusker House at lunch last year. I thought it was good - especially for buffet food. I would assume dinner would be about the same. Hope that helps:)

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I did the lunch and didn't care for the selection at all. breakfast is way better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

5. snarfblatt

snarfblatt Mouseketeer

This is our arrival day, and while I want to go to MK, I'm pretty sure I will be outvoted in favor of riding EE as much as humanly possible :lmao:

So I just canceled our Kona Cafe for Tusker...

:scared:

6. HoosierMomma

HoosierMomma Earning My Ears

We had dinner there 4 years ago. I personally didn't love the selection (lots of curry, very African - which makes sense since it is in "Africa", just not my preference) I have some "foodie" friends that love Tusker. What I will say is that there was a large selection of food so I was able to find plenty, my kids didn't even notice that it wasn't "american" and the atmosphere was neat, we enjoyed the African decor. We are going to do Yak & Yeti in a couple of weeks because my kids are big into Asian food. Another option is Rainforest Cafe, which just doesn't sound that great to me. However, I would give TH a try, your son will probably think it is pretty neat!