Tusker House ~ Dinner ~ How Spicy Is It?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Dixiemom, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

It seems when I search for info on Tusker House the word "spicy" keeps coming up. I don't mind a bit of heat, but don't want too much. My husband hates spicy foods, but I think the salmon would be fine for him. The tofu sounds good. Just looking for some input :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kalamazoo

kalamazoo Mouseketeer

It's been a little while since I've been but I don't remember anything at Tusker House being "hot spicy". A lot of the dishes have spices in them but, if anything, I found most of the food to be more on the sweet side. The food was similar to what you get at Boma in AKL. It was very good.

4. tinkerdee

tinkerdee Mouseketeer

My kids don't do spicy, and they found plenty to eat at the buffet. There might be one dish that was spicy, but no more so than what I would normally eat. Everything was well labeled so you knew what you were getting.:thumbsup2

5. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

Thanks! We are all couscous, hummus and tabuleh lovers too :)

6. rockdrummer43

rockdrummer43 Earning My Ears

The last time I was at disney was a little over 1 year ago and I surely do not remember anything being "spicy" as in "OH MY LORD THAT IS TOO HOT!" :) I remember most of the food having some nice spices in them, but nothing to make you need a gallon of milk. I hope this gives you some idea of what you are looking for.

7. Beauty & the Best

Beauty & the Best Its all so magical!

We love Tusker House.

I would say that there are some spicy things - the sauce (on the side) for the meats, curry and the seafood stew (my favorite!) but there are lots of things on the buffet that are not spicy at all - pasta, beef, pork, bean soup, hummus, breads,etc.

If someone in your party doesn't like spicy, just avoid the seafood stew, the curry and the meat sauces and you should be fine.