Tusker House closed for refurb this fall!!

MomofKatie

Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!
Just read on TGM site:

Tusker House will be closed August 20- November 16, 2007, reopening November 17th.

No word on what the refurb is for- there has been a rumor out there before that it will become a TS character meal location. Hope not- we really like it as a CS!!

That is a hit to a park with limited food offerings......do you think the timing is such that Yak & Yeti may open by time it closes ? That sounds good for my trip ;)

The last time I checked, the opening date for Y&Y was just 'Summer 07'- but I've heard July is the target month.

I really hope it doesn't become another character meal. They can just expand Restraunosaurus, can't they?

They already took away my other favorite AK CS - The dumplings & noodle salad at Chakranadi :sad2:

boo!

(there goes our CS of rotisserie chicken, mashed & green beans....)

Oh, this is bad news....we were looking forward to one of the CS meals here in October since there is no TS available, except for breakfast.

Now where are we going to eat in late August. Ugh, that is one of our favorites. I have never even tried any other cs in AK.

Well, I hope it doesn't become a character meal. I like it the way it is.

But if you need a CS for AK, there's always Flame Tree. I like that almost as much.

Now where are we going to eat in late August. Ugh, that is one of our favorites. I have never even tried any other cs in AK.

Ditto, ditto and ditto. I guess we'll see how Flame Tree handles the increased business....

Darn, it is our favorite cs. We eat there 2x a trip! I hope they dont change it!

We actually LOVE flame tree. However that is a lot of people eating at 1 CS place. i guess there is always Pizza

Flame Tree can not handle the crowds it gets now. Even during the so called "so periods" (which are vanishing), they have the longest lines.

Best food + best smell + best outdoor seating = Lots of folks.

Oh well, this really sucks. I never tried it. But, I was going to try it in August. Oh well. :sad2:

What a shame! That is DH's favorite place to eat in AK. The food is always very good for a CS and there is always some kind of entertainment going on nearby!:sad1:

Speaking of the AK & dining locations...

I was excited about the new AK restaurant until I saw who is going to be running the Yak & Yeti...the same company that runs Rainforest Cafes. I have NEVER had an edible meal in the two different locations I've tried. The new place sounds like a Disneyfied version of an RC...oh goody :scared1: .
We *always* eat at Tusker House - the food & the service are both good (especially for a CS). The other thing for us is that once the new restauant opens up, there goes our DDE discount for Tusker :( . Don't know if we'll be able to get the 20% off at the Dawa Bar anymore either.

agnes!

That's too bad. This was our favorite CS last year. The food was fantastic and being able to get out of the heat was a bonus.

I guess we will try Flame Tree this year.

Best food + best smell + best outdoor seating = Lots of folks.

Gosh, we've always been driven away from Flame Tree by the awful poo smell coming out of the bathrooms right next to it! I giggled when I saw the "best smell" quote. And now we don't eat meat, so it's really a pity that they're taking away the only AK restaurant that we enjoy.

Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter