Tuna

Suz D

DIS Veteran
I've got many, many cans of tuna in my food storage and I'm looking for great tuna recipes. I'd particularly like to have a creamy tuna and noodle casserole recipe (no dry yucky tuna and noodles like my mom made when I was a kid).

Post any and all of your favorite tuna recipes here!

Years ago I worked with a woman who always talked about her husband's "tuna taco's". I hadn't ever heard of them (and didn't think they sounded all that great) so she brought some in for me to try one day. They were basically red enchiladas made with tuna. They were really good. Unfortunately I don't have her recipe, but if you're interested I would think you could use any basic enchilada recipe.
I only make tuna sandwiches, so no personal recipes to share.

I mostly only make tuna sandwiches as well, but you could try putting it into recipezaar or other sites - I bet if you googled tuna pasta bake you'd come up with some options.:thumbsup2 You could try mixing tuna with a basic mac & cheese recipe.

I stoled this one,but it tastes great!:thumbsup2

1 1/2 pounds slender green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise

3 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste

2 large red potatoes, diced

1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon dried oregano

3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves

9 ounces canned tuna packed in oil, drained

Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Using a mesh strainer, transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water to cool completely. Drain the green beans and pat dry with a towel. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the same cooking liquid and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the potatoes to the simmering liquid and cook until they are just tender but still hold their shape, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the ice water to cool completely. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a towel.

In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic, oil, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the tomatoes, basil and parsley in a large serving bowl. Add the tuna and toss gently to combine. Add the green beans and potatoes and gently combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.

I dont use fresh herbs,only store bought in the herb section out of a container.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter