TSA without an ID

Psychodisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience with getting through airport security without an ID? My DH lost his wallet here at WDW ,so, no drivers license. TSA website says they might be able to use a public data base. Any first hand experiences?

In my experience, you won't be able to check luggage, and you'll get a full pat-down from security.

Arrive early

He will get on the plane, but he will go through a lot of questions. It's good that you are with him as it helps to have someone "vouch" for you. All of his luggage will be searched as will he.

BTDT. He's going to get some extra special security. You need to allow extra time at the airport. If you're staying onsite, I would probably skip taking DME back to the airport and take a cab instead so you can get there earlier. Just be fully transparent with the TSA and ask them what you need to do to get through security. I find whenever you have an atypical situation, it's best to be as open (and friendly) with the TSA as possible, even if they ask you to do something you find over-the-top.

BTDT. He's going to get some extra special security. You need to allow extra time at the airport. If you're staying onsite, I would probably skip taking DME back to the airport and take a cab instead so you can get there earlier. Just be fully transparent with the TSA and ask them what you need to do to get through security. I find whenever you have an atypical situation, it's best to be as open (and friendly) with the TSA as possible, even if they ask you to do something you find over-the-top.
No reason to pay for a taxi.Just call and request an earlier pickup

I'm curious...what will likely happen when first checking in with the airline? It seems like whenever I check luggage, I'm asked to show ID to the airline staff. Even when they have self-check in, it seems like I'm asked to show ID when handing over the luggage.

In my experience, you won't be able to check luggage, and you'll get a full pat-down from security.

You may not be able to check your bags AT the RAC...but you will CERTAINLY be able to check them at the airport. The checkpoint officers will give you some extra screenings, you'll need to provide other id (credit card, bills, etc).

Like a PP said, do arrive at the airport early.

I work for TSA...

My dad travels without ID. Takes a little extra time but it's fine. In his case it isn't even a lost wallet, but some Don Quixote tilting at the windmills of the California DMV nonsensical thing. He has been doing this for years now.

Not actually sure about the luggage checking as I haven't actually been with him.

I've always been able to check my family's luggage at RAC....they weren't there. But, perhaps that has changed.

My license expired during our trip a few years ago (I really should pay better attention to that sort of thing :rolleyes2) and they still let me fly. I was subjected to the extra security though- I got the pat down and all my carryons were hand searched. And every time my ticket was scanned there was this ominous sound that made the person scanning it look at least twice. But I made it home!!

My license expired during our trip a few years ago (I really should pay better attention to that sort of thing :rolleyes2) and they still let me fly. I was subjected to the extra security though- I got the pat down and all my carryons were hand searched. And every time my ticket was scanned there was this ominous sound that made the person scanning it look at least twice. But I made it home!!

Makes no sense that a DL a couple days expired turns you into an even more suspicious guy than the the flyer with a valid DL.

I forgot my son's ID, flying from Philadelphia to Orlando. It was a real nightmare, because he is a special needs adult..... They explained that they DO have ways to find people, in their data bases. Credit histories, etc. But DS? He has nothing like that. They were SO SO nice to me, I took all the blame, and I knew I really screwed up. They finally said, do you even have a prescription bottle with his name on it? Nope. They had to appeal to the head of the airport, I swear. AND then DS got a full pat down. We were the last to board the plane, the very last. For the trip home, I had my family FEDEX his ID to the hotel.

But based on our experience, they can look in the databases. I also had a friend PACK her ID in a bag she checked by mistake. Same thing, they let her on after extra security measures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter