TS3 - Which Part "Got" You ---- MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by santadog, Jun 19, 2010.

1. santadog

santadog DIS Veteran

OK - the general consensus is that Darn near EVERYBODY cries at Toy Story 3.
    I am curious when the waterworks started for different folks.

Personally I started to get a little misty as soon as the toys were back in Andy's room, but totally lost it when he was at Bonnie's and discovered Woody was in the box.

The look on Andy's face, as he was deciding what to do was heartbreaking, and as soon as he introduced Woody, I couldn't stop crying.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MajorThomasina

MajorThomasina Mouseketeer

Sorry to say, but I have a black heart and didn't cry or even get teary-eyed when I watched TS3. :rotfl: It did touch me in a few places, but I mainly "awwed" rather than "bawwed".

I was really moved when I saw the gang figure out that Woody was telling the truth about Andy not throwing them away. AWWW! ;)

4. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"

Trip one, while I found it touching, I didn't cry. Went back today for trip 2, and I ended up a dripping mess, starting when Andy's Mom starts choking up and hugs him, all the way through that last scene.

BIG SPOILER... One of my favorite bits in the whole movie is when Bonnie says "There's a snake in my boot!" - the only thing I can compare it to is in Up, when Russell says "Cross your heart?" to Carl, without realizing the significance of what he's just said. I wonder if Andy ever finds out that Mom didn't write the post-it note...

5. MajorThomasina

MajorThomasina Mouseketeer

I don't know anyone who doesn't know their own mother or father's handwriting! You have to give back your signed report card to the homeroom teacher somehow! :rolleyes1 ;)

6. tweedlemom

tweedlemom DIS Veteran

***SPOILERS***
    I got choked up when they talked about the fate of Bo Peep and Wheezy. OLD Buster really made me laugh, though! I was happy to see that Sid grew up and found a steady job. Mr. Potato Head telling the aliens that "He" was eternally grateful was nice, especially since they have been telling that to him forever, and he always took it for granted, and now he finally understood what they meant. Seeing all the posters off Andy's room's walls at the very end (love the blue paint and yellow stars) made the series come full circle--though different posters covered those walls from time to time, underneath it all, he was still the same Andy who loved his toys. Sniff, sniff...:sad1:

7. 916chipndale

916chipndale You've got a friend in me It all started by a mous

toy story is my favorite movie and i say toy story 3 yesterday and loved it i got teary eyed when andy took the toys to bonnies and gave them to her and introduced her to them and then when he saw woody in there and like the OP said the look on andys face got me i didnt want to see him give them away cuz bonnie is going to grow up just like andy thats what really got me

8. 916chipndale

i cracked up at old buster and how he fell as soon as he got to woody! i have a dachshund at home and its great to know thats whats going to happen to her in about 5-10 years!

9. kathyseb

kathyseb Dole Whips are the best

It hit me when Andy took the trash bag to put all the toys in to put in the attic. It went down hill from there.

Can't wait to see it again.

10. disEAR

disEAR DVC Member

1. When Woody and the Gang were in the trash Incinerator. As soon as they realized there was no way out and settled into the thought of them dying so they'll die together. And joined hands. I was a mess. I felt like my lower intestines were up in my throat.

2. When Andy had his last and final play time and goodbye with Woody and the Gang. Again the tears came. It was such a bitter sweet moment.

11. emlutz23

emlutz23 Mickey Marathoner

12. 916chipndale

Sid was the garbage man he was wearing the black shirt and skull and crossbones just like he did in toy story

13. julayla

julayla Earning My Ears

The incinerator scene. I was in horrified disbelief the whole time. "No, Pixar wouldn't do that to our beloved toys. Noooo. Um, they're getting awfully close to the fire there..." And then they start exchanging looks, holding hands, and... :sad:

Even though they get rescued, it's a terrible moment where they look Death down the throat and accept it, knowing that at least they're leaving this world together.

Other moments:

When Andy's mom gets all teary about Andy leaving...

Andy's one last time playing with his toys...

When the baby cries, "Mama!" At that moment, he suddenly ceased to be a monster.

14. Pumpernoodle

Pumpernoodle Mouseketeer

15. disneymami

disneymami por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I can't believe I was the ONLY person in the theater who clapped and cheered when the aliens came with the claw to save Woody and the gang. I was staring at the screen, my gaping mouth, my eyes tearing, can't believing what I'm seeing, can't believing that PIXAR would even allow such a dreadful ending to our heroes, and just when I thought there could not possibly be any way out.....the claw appears out of nowhere to save our friends.....ahh, I was so relieved that I started to clap and cheer. I was the ONLY person in the theater to do this. My daughter, 9 years old, turns to me and says "are you ok mom?"

I'm going to see again but this time in 3D.

16. ryalluvdiz

ryalluvdiz Mouseketeer

I cried at the incinerator scene too and the look on my four year old's face was priceless....he was in shock.....the seven year old had his hands over his eyes.....my mom said...ARE YOU CRYING???? I replied...DON'T I ALWAYS CRY AT DISNEY MOVIES!!!!

17. MannAboutTheWorld

MannAboutTheWorld Earning My Ears

The near-death scene was a big one, but the one that almost killed me that hasn't been mentioned yet was when Andy is about to leave and the little girl has Woody wave goodbye.

It was a little thing, but if that didn't get you, you have no soul.

18. Xaeldz

Xaeldz Earning My Ears

The waterworks really started going for me when the LGMs (Yes, I still go by the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command naming of the aliens) got hit by the truck. Those guys have always been rather special to me.

Then during the incinerator scene I kept thinking 'Woody will wake up, and it will all be a dream, You'll see, just a dream!!' Then when they held hands and faced death, it hit me that it was no dream and I started bawling!

I know it sounds rather dumb, but I brought my original Toy Story Buzz Action Figure with me to the movie. I brought him with to the first two in theater when I was little, so it seemed right to take him to the last one. And during the incinerator scene, I was just clinging to my little Buzz.

19. southernbelle20

southernbelle20 Mouseketeer

I totally missed that!

I absolutely adored this movie, truly touching!

20. GoMegGo

GoMegGo Mouseketeer

Same here. I saw the movie with some co-workers and I was an absolute MESS. I'm kind of known as a crier, but it took all of my strength not to completely fall apart (a la The Notebook) when they all just looked at each other knowingly and held hands. Teary up just typing this.

Also, when Andy was playing with Bonnie and had Woody on this shoulders... again, tears.

21. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

If you missed it, I'm not surprised. I just saw Toy Story 3 this morning, I knew to look for Sid, but it was so fast I couldn't pick out the shirt.