TS sharing??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tiffanym5375, May 3, 2007.

1. tiffanym5375

tiffanym5375 Mouseketeer

Can you share if you are not on the dinner plan? I noticed some portions are so large.. not sure if I can finish that and have starters and dessert! Tiffany

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Momelie

Momelie Mouseketeer

We are never on the dining plan (we are DDE), and we share all the time. DH and I sometimes share entrees when we order all the courses, especially at lunch, and our children occasionally share an adult meal if they don't like anything on the children's menu.

Nobody's ever said anything in the restaurants we've used, mainly in the WS.

Of course, this doesn't apply to AYCE places, obviously.

4. Amyg

Amyg DIS Veteran

We have shared as well. I have a smaller appetite so me and DS shared most of our TS meals and it worked out great!

5. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

We have shared many times on and off the dining plan. Didn't matter either way.

6. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

If its been awhile since you were there, you might want to check the pictures out, because many of the portions aren't as large as they use to be and I know many of the items we had, would be hard to share if you didn't want more than a taste. I was really surprised how small things like crab cakes were.

7. Booknut

Booknut <font color=green>I couldn't figure out why people

DH and I shared 1TS at San Angel Inn and it was enough for both of us, we also shared 1TS at Wolfgang Puck Cafe although there I did order the Pumpkin Ravioli and paid cash for it. It was more than enough food.

8. tiffanym5375

tiffanym5375 Mouseketeer

Interseting.. I tought I read you could not share on the DDP this would be even better!

9. sl_underwood

sl_underwood DIS Veteran

I dont know how much things have changed but when we went last year we shared on the dining plan at several ts restaurants, Alfredos, scifi, tonys town square, planet holywood and nearly all the cs places.

10. Booknut

Booknut <font color=green>I couldn't figure out why people

The dining credits are for you to use. If you aren't particularly hungry one day and choose to save your TS for another meal or for a 2TS restaurant later on that isn't a problem.

For San Angel we made sure we told the server right at the beginning that we weren't very hungry and only wanted to use 1TS and that we would make it up to them in the tip (as they would be losing out on 1TS). But for a lunch it was more than enough food. Towards the end of our trip we got tired of feeling stuffed all the time.

Next time we use the dining plan we will definitely share more and save a few TS's for places like the California Grill and Flying Fish.

11. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

Technically, they are saying you can't share, but at an al a carte table service restaurant, at least two guests at the table. One guest can use their dining credit, the other can order with cash. It may be that the cash guest only orders an appetizer and a drink. Once the food arrives at the table, they are not going to police which guests eat it.