TS for a light lunch

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Clare Voince, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Clare Voince

Clare Voince In Spiritual Repose

I'm travelling with my elderly father on my next trip, and he dislikes counter service, so I'm trying to find some nice Table Service restaurants that would be good for a light lunch, serving mostly sandwiches perhaps? The only one I know of that would work is the Plaza in the MK. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby in DHS may work. Although if you're on the dining plan (we never are), it's 2 credits.

4. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Mouseketeer

Does he like salads? Many TS places seem to have them (like chicken caesar, for instance.) I believe that Coral Reef does as well as Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time. He could also order a side salad and a cup of soup off of many of the menus. Of course, this would not make sense on the DDP. You can check the menus on the Disneyworld site.

5. Sugardimples

Sugardimples DIS Veteran

The Plaza Restaurant in the MK would be perfect.

6. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club resort

7. Clare Voince

Clare Voince In Spiritual Repose

We don't do the dining plan, so that's not an issue. I never thought of just ordering soup or an appetizer though, that might work for some of them. I like the beaches & cream suggestion too!

8. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

We thought the lunch menu, as well as the prices, at Les Chefs de France was great this past June. We aren't big eaters and DH and I often share a meal, as do my children. We were able to have a very nice, light lunch for around $30 for a family of 4. DH and I shared the 3 course meal, it included soup, a small salad with a sandwich, and a dessert. My kids shared a kid's meal and we had lots of warm fresh bread before our meal and the kids shared a cookie after their meal. The food here was great, as was the service.

We also had a decent, light dinner at San Angel Inn. DH and I shared a bowl of soup, then ordered two appitizers to share. You can do soup, or salad, and appitizers just about anywhere.

Beaches N Cream is great, but I don't really recall anything on their menu being "light".

9. IluvKingLouis

IluvKingLouis DIS Veteran

If leaving the park for a Resort TS wouldn't be too tiring, we love the Kona Cafe at the Poly. I agree with the Plaza. Tony's might be OK too.

10. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

I agree about Chefs for lunch. They have delicious soups, salads, sandwiches and quiche, and the prices aren't bad either.

11. Psav74

Psav74 Earning My Ears

50's prime time cafe is pretty good.

12. Golf4food

Golf4food Male pirate last time I checked. Yep. Still male.

Liberty Tree Tavern also does sandwiches at lunch. Le Chefs de France has nice lunch offerings.

13. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

I too agree with the Les Chefs suggestions, when we were there in September I had a hot ham and cheese croissant which was amazing. I also would suggest Liberty Tree Tavern, I had the Colony salad which was awesome...it has grilled chicken strips, walnuts, apples, cheese, and a honey vinagret that is wonderful. Also, if you like the Beaches and Cream idea and can't get into there, you can always go over to Hurricane Hannah's and order the same burgers and other food items from there as well. Good luck and have a great trip.

14. Funky Chicken

Funky Chicken misses the Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace!

I had a nice lunch at The Wave (inside Contemporary Resort) in September-the Mediterranean Tuna Salad. There were quite a few other lighter choices as well.

Here is a link to the Wave lunch menu-

http://allears.net/menu/menu_wavel.htm

15. TheAnswer

TheAnswer Earning My Ears

I second this.