TS at DHS....what's your fave??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by 2disneygirls, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 2disneygirls

2disneygirls Mouseketeer

I have all our other nights figured out.....except our DHS day. What would be best for dh, me, dd7 and dd10 (both a wee bit picky)?:confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We eat at Mama Melrose every year (it gets a lot of mixed reviews, but we've always had great food and service) for the Fantasmic package. We did not care for Brown Derby...thought it was overrated. We refuse to dine at Hollywood & Vine after two horrible experiences, but it gets some good reviews and is a buffet so it might fit your group better. Prime Time is fun with good "American" food. We enjoyed Sci Fi the last time we were there...which was probably at least 8 years ago...but we have read they've changed the menu and I'm not sure your girls would appreciate it with the sci-fi film clips they show.

4. MrSplashMountain #1!

MrSplashMountain #1! Mouseketeer

We really enjoyed Hollywood Brown Derby, but it is pricier as its a Signature one. This of course also means that if your on the DDP then it will take up 2TS credits per person.

5. Corinne

Corinne DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

We love Mama Melrose's and 50's is good too. We dine at both every year. MM's has wonderful flatbread pizza your kids may enjoy.

6. turnlisa

turnlisa DIS Veteran

Now Brown Derby is my favorite but my kids are into that kind of dining. The 2 of them are never picky about anything - I know odd kids but I consider myself blessed.

We usually do Mama Melrose's because the food is good and the price is right. If we want to splurge again we will do Brown Derby but Mama Melrose's will do in a pinch!

7. Laura's Dad

Laura's Dad DIS Veteran

Another vote for Mama Melrose's. We like the ambience and the Italian/Californain menu. We've always had good meals there, despite some negative reviews.

8. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

Prime Time or Mama Melrose

9. Rock'n Robin

Rock'n Robin Disney Queen

DH and I enjoyed Mama Melrose the last time we were there but every time we go to DHS now we must go to 50s PTC. My kids insist on it, even the 16 year old. This last trip we had a cousin named Lookili and he became my then 9 year old son's best friend.
    Robin M.

10. lilmrsellis

lilmrsellis Wishing upon a star...

Prime Time ROCKS!! Good food and super fun.:thumbsup2

11. dad2t&e

dad2t&e Mouseketeer

Prime Time has good food and it's fun.

12. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

If cost is not an issue, the Brown Derby is the best

13. Talons

Talons DIS Veteran

Personally I would say either Sci Fi or Prime Time - Both has excellent food and our service has always been great at both places.

14. angelmav

angelmav DIS Veteran

Granted, we are probably the exception, but we really enjoy Hollywood & Vine. Granted we like buffets, which I think is the key, but its much better than a typical buffet and has something for everyone. Again though, it depends on your opinion of buffets!

15. DISNEYNY

DISNEYNY DIS Veteran

Been to PT & Sci Fi. Food at PT was ok. We had burgers and shakes at SF and they were very good. We are trying Mama Melrose this year. Glad to see it getting some positve reviews for a change!! :goodvibes

16. darlak

darlak <font color=darkorchid>By the way, if my children

If your group has picky eaters and you don't want to do a buffet, my sugestion is Mama Melrose.

It's the only 'must-do' DHS restaurant on my list. To be honest, I'm the pickiest eater of my crew and they will make any menu item exactly as I want it prepared, leaving some items out and even adding some if I ask. Now most WDW restaurants are pretty good about that, but Mama Melrose's always makes me feel that they really are happy to comply with my requests.

17. DisneySweetheart

DisneySweetheart Mouse Groupie

If you're not completely sure you want a TS there at DHS, you could always enjoy a nice boat ride over to EPCOT and eat there then return on the boat after. Just an idea.
    :goodvibes

18. SuzieN

SuzieN DIS Veteran

We :lovestruc 50's Prime Time! We've always had great food there and it can be a lot of fun if your server is into it! Sci-Fi is great too - we all had reubens and ribs and they were yummy!

19. TexasMinnie82

TexasMinnie82 Mouseketeer

We ate at Prime Time and Sci-Fi in June and I would definetly choose Sci-Fi!!! We thought the food at Prime Time wasn't very good. But the atmosphere was fun. If you are going for food I would go with Sci-Fi. We loved it!!!

20. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

My favorite is 50's Prime Time Cafe.