• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?Trying to figure out the benefits to DVC ownership?

Originally posted by dandave
Hi! I have been wondering about DVC, also. Are the points needed to stay at your home resort "fixed", i.e. if it costs 16 points for a weekday stay in Jan of 2001 and you buy in during 2001, then do you forever get a January weekday stay for 16 points? Do the points needed never increase?

I don't think anyone has responded to this yet (although Rich hinted at it).

With DVC the total number of points to stay in a particular unit for a whole year will never incresase, however DVC can rearrange the point distribution. So while a particular week now might be 16 points on the weekdays, and 40 points on the weekends, for a total of 160 points for the week, it is possible that DVC could rearrange the points so that it might change to 20 points on the weekdays and 30 points for the weekend. In this case, it would still be 160 points for the week. Similarly, DVC may increase the points needed for a lower season while decreasing the number of points needed for a higher season. This is good, because it allows DVC to react to possible changes in demand, but your points will always have the same "value." For example, if DVC finds that everyone is coming Sunday-Thusday, and no one is staying on weekends, then they could very likely readjust the point distribution to even out the stays. Or imagine if all of the schools in the US decided to go to year-round schedules: Summer points would probably be too high in that case.

RickW, Thank you so much for the info and taking the time to explain that! That was my major concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter