Trying to be Positive about possible Rain....

domesticdiva

I'm a Disney addict :) .... and proud of it!!!
I know it is really far in advance to check on the weather for our trip, we don't leave for another week and things do change. I was checking the forecast and it looks (for now) that there will be a lot of rain, which I don't really mind, but do they shut down the rides and park during a little shower? Can you buy cool ponchos at Disney for a decent price? I bought a few plastic ones (el cheapo ones) and they will be fine for a light mist but if it comes down a lot like it is saying I'd like to buy better ones, we'll wait until; we go though. The weather forecast may change..... 8 more sleeps!!! :cool1:

they do not shut down rides and yes yellow ponchos with mickey on the back can be purchased. over the years with the rain we stay at the parks and it seems the crowds die out a little. have fun i will have to check too cause we are going down next week too. oo sometimes the weather shows rain for floridia everyday expect a 4 oclock shower its like clock work

DH and I went last November. On the first day of our trip (afternoon) it poured after we came out of POTC, our first ride of the trip, and it poured for the rest of the night. We bought clear ponchos with Mickey on the back (about $7.50 or so for adult size) and they were great and kept us relatively dry for the rest of the evening. We had used the cheapy ponchos in the past and found these were much better and worth the price, especially since it rained for a few hours. Lines were practically nonexistent and we were able to walk on to every ride we wanted to over and over again!! Granted we had wet feet (tomorrowland seems to really flood out) but we had a great time!!

I would not worry about the weather for now since there is not much you can do about it anyway :teeth: You will have a great time whatever the weather!!

Lorie

BE POSITIVE!!! Sometimes, I wish it'd rain...You know why? The lines go down because some people think like you...Oh they'll close the rides or I don't want to be all wet...Then you can walk right on! I'm going the 21st through the 25th and I wouldn't mind at all if it rained (though I'd like a little bit of sun on Sunday since I'm going to the pool!!) but by all means, if it rains is will not ruin my trip ONE bit! Even though it's rainy here in chicago and chilly, at least it'll be warm and I'll be in my most FAVORITE place on earth!

Stay optimistic, there is hope!! Hope you have a wonderful trip! Be sure to give a trip report! :thumbsup2

We will have positive thoughts together!!! We leave in 8 days and I keep checking the 10 day forcast which shows 60% chance of rain. While the rain doesnt really stop us from anything, I would still prefer sunshine and HOT weather!!!! Have a great trip.

I look forward to the rainy days. :confused3 I hate the crowds and the rain keeps them very low.

On the postive side, no hurricanes! :thumbsup2

We flew in just ahead of hurricane Wilma. After it blew past, we had the most wonderful weather ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter