Trying new places & returning to favorites! *Update 3/13* Final Thoughts

:thumbsup2 Loved your reviews and especially the Fireworks Dessert Party! I have booked this for the first time for my own birthday celebration coming up in a few weeks (TR link in my siggy) and I can't WAIT to try it! :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Terrace Dessert party! I've always wondered what the view really looked like if you weren't right up against the rail! We've yet to see the MK fireworks from anywhere INSIDE the park, and I'm weighing all our options for our Oct trip.

BTW - love the CP photos!!!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Loved your reviews and especially the Fireworks Dessert Party! I have booked this for the first time for my own birthday celebration coming up in a few weeks (TR link in my siggy) and I can't WAIT to try it! :)

Thanks! And have fun at the Dessert Party! It's a great way to celebrate a birthday! :cake:

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Terrace Dessert party! I've always wondered what the view really looked like if you weren't right up against the rail! We've yet to see the MK fireworks from anywhere INSIDE the park, and I'm weighing all our options for our Oct trip.

BTW - love the CP photos!!!:goodvibes

Too funny, I've only seen the MK fireworks outside the park once... and that was during dinner at 'Ohana. It never really occurred to me to watch them elsewhere! I highly recommend the Dessert Party... if you love sweets, you'll be in heaven. And to have a place to sit and relax while watching the fireworks is a definite plus!

For lunch during our day at AK, we decided on the Anadapur Cafe (Yak & Yeti counter service). I don't have any photos of our lunch, but Mom and I shared the Honey Chicken, while Heather and Helen shared a Sweet and Sour Chicken. Heather and Helen also had the Pork Egg Rolls.

Instead of getting a drink with my meal, I went over to the Royal Anandapur Tea Co. (located across from the Anandapur Cafe) to get a sweet tea… the only place in all of WDW (that I know of) where you can get sweet tea!

RATC.jpg

We all enjoyed our meal, and the portions were plenty for 2 to share.

Great reviews! :goodvibes I still want to try Sci Fi one day and the Wishes Dessert Party - sounds like you all had fun!

Our last meat at WDW was breakfast at Boma on Friday morning.

Originally, we were to have dinner at Boma on Thrusday night... but after spending all day at AK (and having been going nonstop the last 4 days) we were exhausted. I called Disney Dining as we left AK on Thursday to cancel our dinner ADR and change it to breakfast the next morning. Our new ADR was for 10:15.

We arrived at the AKL right at 10:15… I got out so I could run in and go down to Boma, while the others parked the car. I checked us in and just had to wait for the others to arrive… by the time Mom, Heather, and Helen came downstairs it was time for us to be seated.

I don't have any photos of our breakfast… again, we were tired but also it was pretty much your standard breakfast fare: pancakes, waffles, bacon, omelets made to order, fresh fruit, scones, bagels, scrambled eggs. Plenty of variety! And the Jambo Juice was absolutely delicious! I think our waitress said it's a mixture of orange juice, pineapple juice, and papaya juice. Whatever is in that concoction, it is yummy!

I've been to Boma twice before for dinner… while we did have a good breakfast, I prefer having dinner there. I don't care for eggs, oatmeal, or porridge… so I had waffles, bacon, fresh fruit, and scones for my breakfast. It was all very yummy, but that's all food I can get anywhere. To me, the appeal of dining at Boma is trying foods I wouldn't normally have every day! So while it was good, I'll stick to going to Boma for dinner.

I love dinner at Boma but have never tried the breakfast there
I guess we would only do it if we were staying at AKL but I hear very good things about it :)

I love dinner at Boma but have never tried the breakfast there
I guess we would only do it if we were staying at AKL but I hear very good things about it :)

Breakfast was good... the food was yummy. But it was... just breakfast. If that makes sense!

Of all the table service meals I had during this trip, I think I'd rank 'Ohana as my #1 favorite. Rose & Crown and Les Chefs are very, very close, though!

Cape May was also very good, as was Sci-Fi and Crystal Palace.

Boma is one of my personal favorites, though I was a bit disappointed with breakfast. As I mentioned in my review of our meal, I'll stick to having dinner at Boma and breakfast elsewhere.

As for the quick service meals, I was really impressed with Pizza Planet and Flame Tree BBQ. The food was really yummy and the portions plentiful!

Regarding the list of snacks I wanted to try on this trip:

Butterfinger Cupcake - Starring Rolls
Cinnamon Roll - Main Street Bakery
Mickey Mouse Pretzel - Frontierland Pretzel Cart
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake - Starring Rolls
Caramel Cupcake (are we seeing a pattern here?) - Karamell-Küche
Carrot Cake Cookie - Writer's Stop
Kaki Gori - Japan

I didn't get a chance to try the Cinnamon Roll or Mickey Pretzel. And though I did manage to have a cupcake from Starring Rolls, it was a Red Velvet instead of Chocolate Peanut Butter or Butterfinger. That just means I'll have to go back, right? ;)

I think my favorite snacks were ones that I wasn't even most interested in trying! The churros and chocolate-dipped pretzels were really, really good.

There are still many restaurants (and snacks!) for me to try... as well as my favorites to go back to. I can't wait for more trips to WDW!

Great wrap up! :thumbsup2

Still have to try O'hana but loved Boma for our dinner. Great list of snacks - just reading them had me drooling! Probs because I haven't had my dinner yet! :laughing:

i have to say, i definitely agree with you about the salad at Ohana's. Yum!
I also want to tell you thanks for the tip on the sweet tea! its my addiction!

i have to say, i definitely agree with you about the salad at Ohana's. Yum!
I also want to tell you thanks for the tip on the sweet tea! its my addiction!

If DH and I weren't going to do the luau on our upcoming trip, we'd be going to 'Ohana! We'll have to go there on our next family trip, for sure!

Mine, too! I have no idea why you can't get sweet tea anywhere else in WDW. Oh, well. At least it gives me something to do while waiting on the rest of the family to ride KRR! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter