Trouble with ressie under Cast member discount...

Ilove8Trax

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else tried to get a ressie using a cast member discount and have not ended up too successful? They basically had nothing available for early May at any deluxe resort--nothing. How could that be? Are they making the cm rooms less available? Any one have any info? :teeth:

That is the 50th celebration so it's quite possible there are no discounts for that week.

I know they limit the number of rooms they offer at that discount level. We have often had problems with a specific request. I called in July 2004 for June 2005 and requested Concierge at the Poly - got the poly, but no concierge available.....I will keep trying, but it never opened up last year either. I thought almost 1 year would be enough, but not this time.

I work for an airline and we get the same discount at CM's - not sure if we are included in the same block of rooms they put aside for these discounts but it seems that, like all other discounts, there are fewer this year. I called in December 04 for a Nov 05 ressie and no STD or WDS views available for the WL...I did end up getting GDN at the Poly but my choices at WL were very limited and that was a year out.

Keep trying - you never know if there might be cancellations...good luck!

Are you looking for specifically the 50% off? Or did you ask about the 25% off as well?

Anne

We were planning a trip next year but bumped it up a year since my sister is now working there (college program). We thought we would take advantage of being able to visit her as well as the discount on rooms. So we've made our plane reservation for April but it sounds like the room discount will be a no go. Ugh. . .

Travel is up... discounts are down. It seems to be true across the hotel industry and may be what you are seeing.

We tried to get the exact same thing for the first week of May and they had nothing. That's why we're staying at the Swan. :) I'm assuming the lack of rooms for CMs has something to do with the 50th celebration. I'm wondering if they'll even have any type of discount for that week?? I guess we'll find out soon. ;)

We have always been able to get something, but not always at a deluxe. The CSR is very nice. :earsboy:

Did they have no CM discounts at any resort for you the first week in May,or just deluxes were no go?

I booked our room ressie for the first week of May at Pop. I booked the week discounts were released (July 2004) and got the discounted room, but the CM said that there wasn't much available then. When I got my confirmation sheet it said "other guest room" so I called and was told that there were no discounted rooms left, so I was booked under that option. Since the CM is in the room, it will be treated as a regular CM discounted room and was still at the 50% discount. Since then I have been TRYING to get the word out on the boards that if you plan to go the first week of May folks better book the room they can afford and HOPE for a discount. So many folks on these boards book rooms that they can not afford at rack rate, then get disappointed or angry at Disney when there is no discount available on the resort they booked. I believe the first week of May is going to be at capacity, but I'll be there!!

My advice, keep trying. I have gotten room discounts at the last minute when a cancellation occurs. So book something now as a backup and keep trying. If something comes up you can always transfer your deposit.

Since the shortage of availability when calling in July, I have since booked ALL of my ressies for the remainder of the year. I recently tried to add an room to my September reservation and there were no more discounted standard rooms left at CR for mid-September. I have 2 rooms booked, but need one more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter