Tron is incredible!

Thought it was a fun ride but after riding it 3x at the beginning of our trip, I paid dearly for the rest of the trip with horrible back pain due to the position one rides in. Next time I’ll ask for the regular seat.
I haven’t ridden it yet and am going soon. What are the “regular seats”? I thought they were all motorcycle like seats.

Someone took a good idea (“Let’s use BLUE LIGHTS!”) and beat it to death. I don’t consider that theming.
Well....its kind of the entire movie so the blue lights sort of make sense - but to your point it needs something more.

I haven’t ridden it yet and am going soon. What are the “regular seats”? I thought they were all motorcycle like seats.
The last row in some cars are normal seats where you sit down with a lap bar to accommodate those who cannot ride the other style seats. You tell the CM when you reach the loading area you need that style seat and they will direct you a different line. Sometimes it can be a noticeably longer wait as there are only a few (part of the complaint that Disney didn’t design the ride with their typical FL audience in mind).

Let me preface my remarks by admitting that I'm not a coaster fan. In fact, I usually avoid them.

I did Tron in Shanghai and was blown away by the whole concept of the attraction. Such amazing ride technology and theming. Yes, I was ready for the ride to be over after the launch. I'm thankful that it was "short" because I'm just not into those types of attractions.

Still, I do say that it is a big E-ticket attraction that other people should aspire to experience.

Glad you liked it!

So the first time we rode it I was like “it’s over!” Yah it’s short but this trip we rode it 3 times so far and I must say it has gotten to feel longer to me. I can’t explain it. Maybe cause I know the track now. No idea.

It’s a fun ride though.

Good night ride like big thunder. Oh another god night ride. Jungle cruise.

As a long time fan of the original movie I'd say overall it was a disappointment.
It far too short and just a very basic coaster.
The effects are OK, but not amazing.

Also - although it was not an issue for me - they really should have done a much better job of making the ride vehicle work for western body types.

I think GoG is a much more unique and exciting coaster.

I did ride Tron 5 Times and GoG 6 in the same week and found GoG far more fun.
Completely agree on all points. By time we got this coaster it was already dated and Hagrids had brought the cycle ride at a whole new level. Add that Guardians opened first and was top tier ride.

Regarding size, problematic yes, but we have remember this is a clone of something built for Chinese guests. My understanding is they were built at same time, same everything (including size) and ours was stored in a warehouse until they were permitted (Shanghai had agreement so it could not be built for X years) to assemble and open here.

Tron was indeed a fun ride, but way too short. Launch and the first 20 seconds are the best. Try not holding on to the handle bars and raise your hands the first 20 seconds. What a rush! In my opinion, Guardians in EPCOT is definitely the best coaster ride in all four parks now. Expedition Everest is second, Rock N Rollercoaster is third.

I second riding Tron with your arms out in front of you like Superman. If you do that, then the launch is a short rush of fun.

The theming is a bit disappointing, IMO. It is supposed to be game. The full preshow is fun. It is also a little fun if you wave to people below.

Even after getting a VQ spot, the wait is often frustratingly long, which is just annoying. The only reason for the wait is for WDW's upsell, because WDW controls entry via the VQ. There should never be more than a 15minute wait with the VQ running.

Disney won't stop with their upsell nonsense though, and people pay $20 for 1 minute of ride time! that's pretty crazy.

Tron was indeed a fun ride, but way too short. Launch and the first 20 seconds are the best. Try not holding on to the handle bars and raise your hands the first 20 seconds. What a rush! In my opinion, Guardians in EPCOT is definitely the best coaster ride in all four parks now. Expedition Everest is second, Rock N Rollercoaster is third.
DS (huge coaster person) said TRON isn't even the best coaster at MK ~ Big Thunder Mountain is.

I second riding Tron with your arms out in front of you like Superman. If you do that, then the launch is a short rush of fun.

The theming is a bit disappointing, IMO. It is supposed to be game. The full preshow is fun. It is also a little fun if you wave to people below.

Even after getting a VQ spot, the wait is often frustratingly long, which is just annoying. The only reason for the wait is for WDW's upsell, because WDW controls entry via the VQ. There should never be more than a 15minute wait with the VQ running.

Disney won't stop with their upsell nonsense though, and people pay $20 for 1 minute of ride time! that's pretty crazy.

The point of the VQ is not to eliminate a wait. It grants you a place in the queue. It’s always been like that for VQ rides.

I rode Guardians first. We got stuck a bit in the line and it was slow moving, so I had the opportunity to really take in the queue and preshows beforehand. Despite never having watched the movies, I felt I had a good understanding of the story by the time I boarded. Tron I was totally lost. Didnt seem like there is a story- I guess its some kind of race? Basically nothing to look at in the queue and very little setting up the ride. I was not on my phone once we got inside and was looking for the storyline. Certainly didn’t gain any info on the ride either, didn’t really hear any of the audio well enough over the screams to know if something was supposed to be happening. Cool launch, utterly boring ride. No desire to repeat.

the only negative is its short. where it fits in magic kingdom and overall theming is top notch.

I loved the ride!! I did it back in July and while I'm not a fan of the VQ deal (I like to be free of over- scheduling and technology when I go on vacation) the ride was definitely worth it.

One word of advice: don't wear boat shoes or sandals. The one problem I had with the ride was wondering if my shoes would fall off! (I wear boat shoes pretty much every day, everywhere)

My husband, son, and I rode it twice at Magic Kingdom After Hours last month. We all liked it, but were underwhelmed. The ride vehicles are somewhat uncomfortable for me. Just awkward. I agree with others that Big Thunder is the better ride. I'd even rather ride 7 Dwarfs than Tron. We're going back in November, and if we never make it onto Tron, I'll be just fine with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter