trip report (long)

Pam :)

Earning My Ears
We had the best vacation ever at FW!! We were there from 2/10-24 and had the best time. A huge thank you goes to all the contributors here. I had been reading posts for months and realized how muched I learned when we got to FW and I "knew" things and was able to shorten the learning curve.

We were in loop 400 (preferred) in our pop-up. Funny, most of the time when we camp we are in one of the largest campers, definitely the largest pop up and we were the smallest in our loop! Good for our egos!! The site wasn't huge but big enough, only problems "sap" dripping on our camper, and the giant metal picnic table was very difficult to move (big strong hubby needed my help, then we had to skid it on pieces of wood). Anyhow we were very close to Pioneer Hall, bus stop, and marina. Oh and the very cool peacocks hung out right near our loop.

We had a five day park hopper, and went every other day to parks. That pacing was great for our 5 year old son and my all day morning sickness. On the off days we did R & R at FW, checked out resorts, shopped at Downtown Disney, did Cirque de Soleil (FANTASTIC-even my hard to impress husband had his jaw hanging open) went to the Adventures Club at PI (fun, big impresion on the 5yo). Also took the 5yo on the Pirate Cruise which leaves from the Grand Floridian, he loved it, well worth the $20. We also did the Hoop de doo, the first night we got there but almost didn't make our reservations due to the 3 1/2 hours it took us to drive from Daytona to WDW (why don't they widen the rt 4). We wish we had done the campfire program more that once, but the nights we were at FW we were tired!

We liked the different parks for different reasons, overall we thought they were all great. Our least favorite-MGM. BUT my husband LOVED the Rock-n-roll rollercoaster and rubbed in how great it was (I didn't take my pregnant self on it) Our surprise favorite Animal Kingdom, what a great park (if you go on the Kali River Rapids, wear a bathing suit or bring dry cloths, my boys got soaked.) MK-well its wonderful, lines were much better the week before spring break 0-20 min. as opposed to spring break week 45 min and up.

Epcot we did in 3 parts: the parade, illuminations (don't miss, another jaw dropper), test track and the ride in the big ball. We did these one night after we went to AK during the day. Then we did a full day gong around the world. My son did the Kidscot/passport thing and has two great souviners. the Passport which gets stamped in every country with a note and the mask for the parade. He loved that. We ate in the Nowegian Restaurant (because it was diferent) and it was fantastic, if you eat there don't skip dessert. We also did another morning where we did all the rest. One of the "snowbirds" at FW gave us great advice on getting to epcot: drive to one of the resorts like Boardwalk, park and walk or take the boat to Epcots back door. This was the only park we drove to. We also drove to Downtown Disney.

Another overall surprise, the quality of all the food at Disney, I had heard is wasn't cheap and it wasn't but it also wasn't expensive, I thought the quality and the service made for a fair deal. And the character meals we wonderful. We did Crystal Palace(d), Grand Floridian(d) and Wilderness Lodge (B). We carried bottled water in the parks and refilled at fountains. Trails End was definitely the best deal anywere and really great food (B&D). I didn't care for the pizza at Crockets Tavern (too much cheese) but the nacho's were great.

I could go on and on but this was one of those great vacations even though there were gliches everything worked out Majically.
Pam

Pam, Thanks for posting your trip report. Youngest DS and I will be there the first week in April. TC :cool:

Pam,
Great trip report! I enjoyed reading it, I am happy to hear you had a wonderful trip. I miss FW so much, my family can't wait to go back.

Pam,
Great trip report. I love to read about other peoples adventures at WDW. Glad you had a great time.
I know what you mean about being the only popup in your loop with the "large" campers. :) It is good for the ego! :)

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-9
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Thanks for the report! I can't wait for our first stay at FW in August and eagerly read all the info posted. Sound like you had a wonderful trip.

Disney IS a Life Skill!

Thanks for the wonderful report.

We will be taking the twins for the 1st time next year (if everything goes all right) and were debating the FW or Polyensian. They will be almost 3 years old. This sounds wonderful.

If I keep reading these posts i will finally make up my mind. :D

Shirley

"The Twins"
SimbaNalaButterfly.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter