Trip Report-Day one

aoifesmom

Mouseketeer
H

Well we returned late last night and had a great time, it was the first trip for all of us and our 3.5 year old daughter did not want to leave and keeps asking if we can go tomorrow!!
I will try and be as concise as I can. We stayd overnight in folkestone and took the Euro Tunnel, which was great, hassle free and we managed to get a slightly earlier train. Using the AA route planner, the tips from this sight and simon's guide we drove straight there in just under 3 hours. Arrived around 12 on monday to find Sequia Lodge loby packed !! Started to stress as wanted to get into the park and have lunch. However it was very well organised and smoothly run, all tickets etc already in an envelope and we filled in the registration form whilst in the queue. Cheked our luggage into the kept luggage and we were off. Decided to jump on the coach as we didn't know where we were going and it was right outside. Against advise decided to go straight into the park rather than eat in the village. Wow at the first site of the castle, but did feel the shine was taken off it slightly by looking at to many pictures on here!! Saw Minnie, genie, and several other charcaters I can't remember in the main square, amazingly my daughter who I thought would run a mile(as she has done previously whenever we have seen similar characters) was shouting their names and getting very excited. :Pinkbounc
We decided to head for Fantasyland and have lunch. Spent some time stressing as all eating places busy until found a table in Pizzeria Bella Notta. Felt refreshed and ready to face the park. Weather was sunny if a bit cold but we were well wrapped up. Walked straight on sSmall World which we loved and still keep singing the tune, got fast passes for Peter Pan and then virtually walked on every ride, Snow White was about a 5 min as was Pinocchio, also did the carousel. Decided to leave Dumbo for the next day. We also managed to explore the castle and the dragon which was fab. Stopped for the parade, sat on the steps by the theatre where there is a Winnie the Pooh show in summer, has a great view and a lump in my throat watching my daughters face!! Only disapointment was that there were only 9 floats and lasted only 15 mins, not sure if this is normal for this time of year. On the whole we did find quite a few things were closed, including places to eat, mainly counter service. Although I suspose this was made up for in the lack of queues. Wandered back down Main Street about 5pm and caught the Under the sea and carnival show, both of which were fab and my daughter loved. My favourite ride of the day was definatley Peter Pan. Decided to head out of the park as we had been up since 5.45 am. Decided to eat at Rainforest cafe , no queue, theming was good as was food, although I felt slightly expensive compared to what you can get elsewhere in the park. We paid 67 Euros for 1 childs set meat, and one adult main course and drink each. Headed back for the hotal and was in bed by 8pm !!

Jo

Jo what a great report. Sorry we spoilt the thrill of the castle, but hopefully not to much :goodvibes

Off to read the next installment.

Thanks Jo!! :thumbsup2

Glad you loved the dragon - he is rather wonderful!!! I look forward to reading the rest of your trippie tomorrow. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter