Trip Report-day 2

aoifesmom

Mouseketeer
Today we had booked Good Morning Fantasyland brekfast, as we headed downstairs Mickey was at the photo point so queued and got photo and autograph. Then headed for the park, arrived at 8.45 and queued for gates to open at 9. When we got in again, against advise of site and Simon's book decided to take the train as thoughit would be exciting for my daughter, big mistake, by the time we got there there was a massive queue, we actualy couldn't see one free table, we eventually found one, but didn't sit down until 9.45. Tip- run up Main st to get the restaurant first !!My husband and daughter ate quickly and headed outsite for the Dumbo ride shortly after 10. We found you had until around 11 am when you could walk on every ride. They did Dumbo 3 times!! Also did Alice's Labyrinth which I was not really impressed with. As we had covered Fantasyland decided to head to Adventureland.Noticed queues to see both the princess and Pooh, gave our daughter the choice and suprisingly she decided to wait for Pooh. The wait was about an hour but was not too tedious as lots to look at and Pooh did spend some time with each child, having fun etc, it wasn't just a quick on the stage, sign and autograph, so was impressed by that.Finally went into Adventureland our daughter loved the aladdin walk through and went through 3 times.Tried to go on Pirates of the Carribean but closed as being repired, could not tell us when would re-open :sad2: My daughter was generally unimpressed with both Adventureland and Frontierland and wanted to know when we could return to Mickey land :) She wanted to go on big Thunder Mountain but was not tall enough and strated to cry. so we headed for Pochantas Village but was closed, presumably as slightly raining. Persuaded her to go on Adventure Isle which she did like, especially the rope bridge which she went back and forward on at least 5 times !! We then headed for a pre-booked lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon at 1pm, we were shown to great seats right by the buffet and Cinderella Coach, loved the theming, and the food was wonderful, definatley our favourite meal and restaurant. 10Euros for children and 22 for adults with all you an eat buffet starter and desert and a choice of main course. Service was also excellent. after lunch headed for Discoveryland. Again my daughter was not really impressed. My husband went on Star Tours and said it was good, we had a wonder round a rest and then queued for tickets for the Lion King show at 4.30 .Left Discoveryland and my husband took our daugter to Main St Square to see the Jungle under the Sea carnival while I shopped. Then back to the castle to catch the parade, we had to get to Lion King 20 mins before the show started, so watched virtually all the parade and thne ran to the Lion King, walked straight in and had good seats.We all thought the show was great, dancing was excellent and it was also funny, very well done. As we headed out it had started to rain and the park was fairly empty, headed to see if Pirates of the Carribean as open and it was, walked straight on :yay: Very good ride. Decided to eat at Fuente del Oro Restaurante , as only counter service open, food was not very good, would not recomend.Headed out and as still raining my husband headed for Big Thunder Mountain as no queue, he though it was good. Headed back to hotel at this point, got some good photos of the castle and main st in the rain.
Had a drink in the hotel and caught tigger in the hotel lobby, may daughters favourite charachter, she has had a Tigger comfort toy since she was 10 mths old and it goes everywhere. My highlight was her running after him shouting "Tigger Tigger and holding up her tigger, which I doubt he could see!! Then another early night

Day 3 later

Shame about Fantasyland, but you'll not take the train next time :teeth: ;)

Great when you have memories of your children that remind you of why you went to DLP in the first place :goodvibes

Aaaahhh - I love the bit about your DD meeting Tigger!! :goodvibes

Thanks again Jo! :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter