Trip report Day 1 ( 12/05/03 )

bubblefactory

DIS Veteran
My DW has got sick of waiting for me to do it so here is her version !!

DLP May ’03 ~ Day 1

We had an uneventful drive from Manchester to Kent yesterday, traffic free thank goodness. We rigged the laptop up so the girls could watch DVD’s all the way which helped us keep moving. 4 ½ hours later we checked into The Ashford International Hotel, our usual stop over ready for the early morning shuttle.

Day 1 12/5/03

We left the hotel at 9.00 for our 10.10 shuttle crossing, the next one available when we arrived early was boarding in 10 minutes, so we took the early one no problem. I love the shuttle ~ much better than ferries IMHO!

25 minutes later, we arrive in France YIPPPEEEE!! It’s dull, but who cares, we’ve packed the ponchos! Another 3 hours later and here we are. Whenever we start to see the Disneyland Paris signs, the kids want to play ‘next one to spot a sign gets a pound’ we explain we use Euros now, so one Euro per sign ~ that saves us a bit of cash!

Okay, finally we follow the signs to our hotel ‘The Disneyland’ and pull up to the barrier, show our res. No. and in we go. Every time we pull round the drive way and under the canopy, I get the butterflies. It’s the best feeling in the world ~ WE’RE HERE! The guys quickly come round and open the door. Good morning MR & MRS…….’Kenyon’ we tell them . ‘Ah Mr. Kenyon we have been expecting you….’ We are promptly given a ticket for the car, we tip the driver and leaving the car doors wide open and fully loaded we are taken past the usual reception desk in the lift, up to the second floor almost opposite the shop, where there is a little alcove discreetly marked ‘Castle Club’. The guy accompanying us picks up the little antique looking phone (I thought it was a prop!) and calls for them to send the lift down for us. WOW! We feel really special :o)) The doors ping open and in we get to be taken to the ‘secret floors’. The 3rd floor is where the concierge desk is located. Alec is sat down to be told the details while the children and I are taken to the Castle Club lounge for a drink. OMG the view from there is amazing. Straight down Main St. we can see the castle beckoning us…..

Al returns to the CCL for a drink and when he’s finished we are to return to the desk to be shown to our room. (We would have just gone but don’t know the number!) Our room is on the 4th floor where the BIG suites are, but ours is a standard CC room ~ DOH! ‘Standard’ is far above average here though. Waiting for us are: 2 souvenir glasses full of sweets with 2 Dumbo’s sat next to them. Presumably for the kids! For Mummy and Daddy: A crystal vase full of fresh pink roses and ……..a bottle of Taittinger on ice with flutes……WOW……I’m already trying to schedule a trip for later in the year by now :o))

Off to the park……not too busy, straight on the rides. It’s about 5.00pm by now weather dry but dull, fine by us. We use our VIP fast pass (got those at the CC concierge desk) on Peter Pan as this was the only ride with a wait which was about 20 mins. If the FP queue is closed as the tickets have been distributed, you go up the exit ramp and they load you there. A few glaring stares from the people waiting, but hey, I’ll survive hehe. The VIP FP means you don’t have to keep getting FP’s you use the same card all the time which has an expiry date til you leave. Few more rides are done with no wait. Our 2 yr old DD LOVES POTC…we all skip back to the hotel singing….Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me……

Time for dinner, we’re all tired, so after a quick shower/bath session we head up to Disney Village tonight. Rain Forest Café it is…..we always eat here once for the kids, they love the storms and the monkeys! I had the Asian beef? Beef in orange spicy sauce with rice And Al had mojo bones ( ribs ) The 2 girls had hot dogs and it cost 100 euros with drinks and deserts. Food was good, service okay, but they were very busy.

Take the short walk back to the hotel and collapse exhausted.

Great report - thank you for sharing:D

One question: how did you get the VIP fastpass? Does that come with a Castle Club room?

Looking forward to your next report...

Susan

Hi susan,

the VIP fastpass was in our pack of tickets / maps that we were given at CC check in. There was no mention in any brochure etc. I think it's a nice surprise that they save for you until you arrive. I presume all CC rooms get them.

They are only of limited use as there are only a few FP rides but it did let my DD's ride Peter Pan half a dozen times. !!

Alec

:bounce:

Thanks for the great report, you really brought back some Castle Club Memories!

We really need to book another trip ;)

Looking forward to some more...........

Richard. :)

Your wife's version is great :) !!

The Castle Club sounds wonderful - I could spend a lot of time just relaxing with a drink looking out over Main Street in the CC lounge.

Susan:

As far as I am aware, only people staying in a Disneyland Paris Resort Suite recieve the V.I.P fastpass, not standard Castle Club Rooms. This may have changed, but I am pretty sure that this is till the case. :)

Richard.

What a fantastic post - thank you so much!! I have only bene to DLP once and stayed at Sequoia Lodge, but I sure want to stay at the Disneyland hotel now - if you dont mind my asking how much do you pay for rooms at the Disneyland in Castle Club??

Cant wait to read the rest of your report!

Kirsty x

Hi Kirsty,

A standard CC room runs about £350 night including park access and breakfast.

The suites start at about £600 night upto £2500. Some suites are on other floors but have CC privileges.

Alec :bounce:

Hi Alec,

Thanks for that. Think we will be sticking to Sequoia for a while then - maybe go to Disneyland hotel for a special treat. Not that I have a trip to DLP planned or anythign!

Kirsty x

thanks for this thread
i realise it is an old thread but it is so helpful
also it was mrs bubble factory that first got me interested in "castle club" when we talked about it on our trip to WDW for our wedding in 2004 its taken us some time to get around to it but even though its late i would like to say a big thanks
steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter