Trip Number Ten ~ We're Going Again! Plus a side trip!

:laughing:

You know what I remember about that dang day?? Standing in line at Test Track and getting a text from you saying "did you know we are in a tornado warning?"

:eek:

Mark had just gotten it out of his mouth that we were in a good spot, that they would take care of us in that building, that they have to have safe rooms that can withstand the wind, blah blah blah... you know, the normal things he has to say to me instead of having to slap me....:rotfl:.... and then you sent that to me. :lmao:

And we never did get to Soarin.:faint:

The kids when they finally got to it, were in an hour long wait with some High School choral group that stood there the whole time singing to the top of their lungs in that little space Christmas Carols. :confused3 They said that people were saying "for the love of god, just SHUT UP" and one of the prissy little sopranos said "Well we got to come into the park and sing and we got to do it for FREE and you had to pay!" and some teenaged kid said back to her-- We'd all pay triple if you'd just shut the he** up!!! And EVERYONE Cheered and clapped!!!!

OMG. I wish I'd been there to see THAT.
:rotfl2:

The kids when they finally got to it, were in an hour long wait with some High School choral group that stood there the whole time singing to the top of their lungs in that little space Christmas Carols. :confused3 They said that people were saying "for the love of god, just SHUT UP" and one of the prissy little sopranos said "Well we got to come into the park and sing and we got to do it for FREE and you had to pay!" and some teenaged kid said back to her-- We'd all pay triple if you'd just shut the he** up!!! And EVERYONE Cheered and clapped!!!!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

I love Christmas Carols as much as the next person, but that's hysterical

You know what I remember about that dang day?? Standing in line at Test Track and getting a text from you saying "did you know we are in a tornado warning?"

:eek:

Mark had just gotten it out of his mouth that we were in a good spot, that they would take care of us in that building, that they have to have safe rooms that can withstand the wind, blah blah blah... you know, the normal things he has to say to me instead of having to slap me....:rotfl:.... and then you sent that to me. :lmao:

And we never did get to Soarin.:faint:

:faint:

Oh my gosh!! :rotfl2::lmao: You never told me that story! That would have been something to see!:rotfl:

:lmao: ME TOO!!! Of course, I might be the one saying that too!

So where will we be using our Fastpass Plus at in Epcot???

Well, here were the choices:

Turtle Talk with Crush
Maelstrom
Test Track
Soarin
The Seas with Nemo
Character Spot Meet & Greet
Mission Space
Journey with Figment
Captain EO
Living with the Land

We will be arriving at Epcot two times at rope drop and once in the afternoon, around 3pm.

The first day that we arrive at rope drop we got Fastpasses for:
Soarin
Character Spot Meet & Greet
Test Track

The other day we are going to Epcot at rope drop we will go and ride Soarin first thing (without a FP), then we will take the monorail to the Poly for a late breakfast at Kona. So I made our FP+ times for when we get back from the Poly:
Soarin
Test Track
Maelstrom

The day we arrive at Epcot in the afternoon we got them for:
Soarin
Mission Space
Test Track

DS14 has informed me that he no longer wants to ride MS. Must be taking after me with the claustrophobia! I tried to get us a FP+ for Maelstrom for the same time that DH & DS11 will do MS, but there weren't any available at that time. But it's okay, maybe we can ride it without a FP or we will just wait on them! I've only ever seen Maelstrom with a huge line once and it was last April/May. :scared1:

I'm happy with my FP+ picks for Epcot!! I really just want to ride Soarin as much as possible. I used to love TT, and I do still like it. Just not crazy about the new theme.

That is so cool that you were chosed to test the MagicBands!! One of my fellow TA's was also chosen and she posted a lot of the same pics you did. I am personally excited about them. Just knowing that I don't have to hold onto everyone's KTTW cards is awesome. I also love all of the accessories that you can buy for them!

That's what I was thinking!! It seems the older I get the more I tend to say my thoughts out loud.... :confused3

Ok not too sure what happened to me but it has never had anything to do w age w me. I'm just mouthy... Been that way since, um, forever?? :rolleyes2

Drew said it was the best evah, Belle said it was loud and hurt her ears. :lmao:

Not sure you will need the FP for Maelstrom. We've always only waited less than 10 minutes.

Sorry you don't love the new TT. It's kind of sucky. :(

Get your DS14 on the Sum of all Thrills. I think it will be a love match!!! :love:

That is so cool that you were chosed to test the MagicBands!! One of my fellow TA's was also chosen and she posted a lot of the same pics you did. I am personally excited about them. Just knowing that I don't have to hold onto everyone's KTTW cards is awesome. I also love all of the accessories that you can buy for them!

I know!! :cool1:

I am excited about them too. A little worried, but more excited! :yay:

DS11 wants to buy some accessories for his too! :)

Ok not too sure what happened to me but it has never had anything to do w age w me. I'm just mouthy... Been that way since, um, forever?? :rolleyes2

Drew said it was the best evah, Belle said it was loud and hurt her ears. :lmao:

Not sure you will need the FP for Maelstrom. We've always only waited less than 10 minutes.

Sorry you don't love the new TT. It's kind of sucky. :(

Get your DS14 on the Sum of all Thrills. I think it will be a love match!!! :love:

What, you??? :confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm not sure if we'll need a FP for Maelstrom either, but there was really nothing else to chose there. So if we need it, then we have it. If not, oh well. I wish it would let us choose the same attraction more than once with the FP+. I would have gotten all 3 for Soarin! :goodvibes

Yeah, the new TT does nothing for me. :confused3 It's just weird and I miss the way it was! :(

Okay, I will tell DS14 he has to do Sum of all Thrills!! ::yes::

I am really fighting the urge to pack today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who know me well you know that by 3 weeks out I am usually mostly packed. :hyper: But it's so hard right now because we are wearing all of the clothes that will likely be coming with us. :upsidedow

It's so much easier to pack for a winter, fall, or spring trip when it is cooler here and I can get all our warm weather clothes packed way in advance!

:crazy2:

I am really fighting the urge to pack today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who know me well you know that by 3 weeks out I am usually mostly packed. :hyper: But it's so hard right now because we are wearing all of the clothes that will likely be coming with us. :upsidedow

It's so much easier to pack for a winter, fall, or spring trip when it is cooler here and I can get all our warm weather clothes packed way in advance!

I don't normally pack far in advance (unless it's off season stuff) but I'm going to start with some piles this weekend. I have to set aside the stuff I don't need, some travel items and stuff like gloves/hats and fleece for Alaska.

I know what you mean about the packing problem. Unfortunately, I will always have to deal with that b/c our weather here is about the same as Florida's all the time. So no matter when we go, I can't seem to pack early. I know that's killing you though the way you like to be done weeks in advance!

We haven't been on the new TT yet. It reopened about a week after our trip last year so I don't know what it's like. I watched a video of it on youtube but it was so dark that I couldn't tell anything about it. I didn't get the feeling I was going to like it much though. It seemed like they took all the theming away which is just odd to me??? :confused3 Maybe they call a bunch of neon lights theming, but I don't.

Epcot :lovestruc We keep talking about going to US and staying at PBR I am in love with it and twice now I have gotten a pin for 40% off but Disney keeps me coming back because of Epcot. I think your plans sound great :thumbsup2

Funny you should mention packing I was in Target yesterday and picked up gum to put in my tote for the plan ride last year I forgot to bring any so we just had to keep swallowing to prevent the ear popping :rotfl2:

It is hard to pack when your wearing what you need to pack. I'm waiting on the good aka "cheap" summer sales to pick up a few things for the trip. Nothing was reduced much yesterday at Target.

I can't believe you haven't started packing yet!! Not even the dresses thrown into a bag??!?!? Incidentals?!?! Toiletries?!?!? Dang girl!

Well we know I don't have that problem. I wait so that I can freak out and run around yelling and crying.
Eh, it's what I do. :laughing:

I've been in the bed w a migraine all day. Lucky me. :mad: Chicken noodle for supper on a Friday night doesn't seem quite my speed! :)

I don't normally pack far in advance (unless it's off season stuff) but I'm going to start with some piles this weekend. I have to set aside the stuff I don't need, some travel items and stuff like gloves/hats and fleece for Alaska.

I normally start packing over a month in advance!! :faint: It used to be more!! :hyper:

I guess it would be easy to pack for Alaska this time of year! What will the temperature be like there?

I know what you mean about the packing problem. Unfortunately, I will always have to deal with that b/c our weather here is about the same as Florida's all the time. So no matter when we go, I can't seem to pack early. I know that's killing you though the way you like to be done weeks in advance!

We haven't been on the new TT yet. It reopened about a week after our trip last year so I don't know what it's like. I watched a video of it on youtube but it was so dark that I couldn't tell anything about it. I didn't get the feeling I was going to like it much though. It seemed like they took all the theming away which is just odd to me??? :confused3 Maybe they call a bunch of neon lights theming, but I don't.

I never thought of that, your weather is pretty similar to FL most of the year. :upsidedow

You're not missing much on TT. I think the track is the same, just the theming is different. And not for the better. :( Plus the whole create your own car design before the ride... yeah, not really my thing. :confused3

Epcot :lovestruc We keep talking about going to US and staying at PBR I am in love with it and twice now I have gotten a pin for 40% off but Disney keeps me coming back because of Epcot. I think your plans sound great :thumbsup2

Funny you should mention packing I was in Target yesterday and picked up gum to put in my tote for the plan ride last year I forgot to bring any so we just had to keep swallowing to prevent the ear popping :rotfl2:

It is hard to pack when your wearing what you need to pack. I'm waiting on the good aka "cheap" summer sales to pick up a few things for the trip. Nothing was reduced much yesterday at Target.

I want to go to US and stay at PBR too!! Maybe next year. I never get a PIN though. What's the secret to getting a PIN from them??

I don't think I could ever give up WDW for US though. Maybe just shorten WDW a few days to go there.

I have "gum for the plane" written on my grocery list right now! :rotfl: The only time I ever buy gum!

Summer clothes should be going on clearance pretty soon! :)

I can't believe you haven't started packing yet!! Not even the dresses thrown into a bag??!?!? Incidentals?!?! Toiletries?!?!? Dang girl!

Well we know I don't have that problem. I wait so that I can freak out and run around yelling and crying.
Eh, it's what I do. :laughing:

I've been in the bed w a migraine all day. Lucky me. :mad: Chicken noodle for supper on a Friday night doesn't seem quite my speed! :)

I know!! :faint: :faint: :faint:

I actually started on the toiletries today!! They are all packed and in their proper ziplock bags and have been moved from the bathroom linen closet to my desk in my bedroom - where I do my packing!

Well, no trip of yours would be complete without a Freak Out Friday!!! :crazy2: :rotfl:

Sorry about the migraine. Hope you feel better soon. :)

In Alaska most of our ports will be around 60 degrees. Might get lucky and get a little warmer. It will feel like fall! Today it was cold here, so it's like we were being prepared!

Sorry about your migraine Jo. Hope you feel better soon!

In Alaska most of our ports will be around 60 degrees. Might get lucky and get a little warmer. It will feel like fall! Today it was cold here, so it's like we were being prepared!

Sorry about your migraine Jo. Hope you feel better soon!

Well 60 isn't too bad! Hopefully you will have some days a little warmer! :wizard:

It has cooled down here too. Temps in the 70's feel freezing after temps in the 90's for weeks! :faint:

Well I am super late to the party! But joining in anyway...:dance3:

Cant wait to hear all about your YC stay...If we do happen to do a split stay..which we always say we are doing but dont end up doing..??? LOL...It would be a YC/GF split...

Skimmed and see that there is talk of packing...I like to be an early packer...but its very hard to pack for a summer trip in the summer...:faint:The week before...I am usually digging out strange "house" clothes to wear! :blush:

Ok going back to really catch up! Always enjoy your preTRs and TRs...:goodvibes

Well I am super late to the party! But joining in anyway...:dance3:

Cant wait to hear all about your YC stay...If we do happen to do a split stay..which we always say we are doing but dont end up doing..??? LOL...It would be a YC/GF split...

Skimmed and see that there is talk of packing...I like to be an early packer...but its very hard to pack for a summer trip in the summer...:faint:The week before...I am usually digging out strange "house" clothes to wear! :blush:

Ok going back to really catch up! Always enjoy your preTRs and TRs...:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'm glad you joined us!! :cool1:

I'll definitely give you my honest opinion on the YC and how it compares to the GF when we get back. :)

Yes!! I am dying to pack!! :hyper: But I'm afraid it's going to have to wait until the week before. :faint: And then yes, I will be wearing ugly 'house clothes'!! :rotfl:

Hi Shelly I'm all caught up. :)

We got in this afternoon and I miss it already. :(

Your plans look great. I can't believe you haven't seen the American Adventure. I love that show and the ending always makes me cry. My kids think I'm nuts! Lol. If you get a chance go see it. Voices of Liberty sing about 15 min. Before- they are fantastic!!

I am so curious to hear how this whole magic band and FP+ works. It is all kinda scary to me. We are FP experts now and I'm afraid to try something new.
I was so surprised you got them shipped to you ahead of time- wow!

While we were there I did see rides that had FP+ lines that never had FP before it was so weird.

We wanted the boys to try Sum of all thrills this time too. We have also been meaning to try it for a few years now. The line was always a little to long for them to want to wait. I'm sure if they new what it was like maybe they would wait. We just need to time it right sometime.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter