Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Momof2Disneyboys, Jul 8, 2013.
Shelly better get in here fast before we completely go off the deep end!
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
She's used to me being off the deep end. It's where I stay most times.
hey ladies - I don't know about you, but I've now got 3 songs swirling in my head!! Plus the one from the radio this morning that was already in there.
Congrats on your trip Rinky! I wouldn't argue with that husband, he seems to know what's right!
C'mon Shelly - let's hear how it's going! I'm almost all packed - well about 85%, but some stuff you just can't pack in advance you know? Okay, well, they want me to get some work done before I leave, so I gotta run.
Good morning ladies..... what's up??
Lots of singing, dancing, planning, and packing I can see!! And Jo & rinky going off the deep end!!
I'm going to Disney in 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep!!! Well, 3 now!!
So glad you found me before I took off!
Thanks for the reminder -- I need to go check out the weather forecast!!!
I know, summer has flown by and I don't like it!! But, one good thing - my vacation is nearly here!!! Can't believe it!!
It is chilly here. It might be 60 degrees. Should hit the low 70's sometime today. Crazy for mid August!! I bet it's even crazier for you! Not sure I'm going to be very well prepared for the Florida heat!!
Congrats on the trip being on!!! That's awesome! YAY for your DH putting his foot down!! That's great that you'll be able to check out AOA! I just told DH the other day that I would like to get over there and take a look around if we can find time.
The packing is almost done!!
Hard to believe. And yours is coming up quick as well!!
Yeah, it woud be nice if this cool weather went to Florida!! Well, maybe not this cool, but you know what I mean! Not very likely, I see it's 85 degrees there already today.
I'd say I'm about 90% packed!! Just need to do some laundry tomorrow and throw the boys shorts in the luggage and some last minute stuff!!
Okay, a little shopping/packing update before Jodi disowns me!!
My new park bag! This was long overdue, I have been using the same one since 2007 and it was in pretty rough shape!
2 new dresses I just picked up the other day:
Some old dresses that are making another trip:
And some new shirts:
OOH, cute stuff! I especially like your tops!
Thanks for reminding me about a swimsuit coverup! I hadn't packed mine. Hope there's room or I'll be wearing a t-shirt. Our cruise luggage is packed to the breaking point. If it's not going in the carry-on, it's not coming!
Clearwater Beach, FL:
A couple of thunderstorms
An afternoon thunderstorm
An afternoon thunderstorm
Lake Buena Vista, FL:
Clouds and sun with a t-storm
A t-storm in the afternoon
Mostly cloudy, a little rain
Partly sunny with a shower
Showers around in the p.m.
Some sun with showers around
A couple of showers
Periods of rain
That's a lot of rain!!!!!!!!!!
Okay seriously??? Me?? Disown you? What the heck?????
You weren't kidding when you said that you had been shopping!!!!!!!!!!! I love it ALL. Love the new dresses from Loft!!! I bet they are super cute on!
And of course the one dress that you had before---- the black and brown one-- I sincerely love that dress! It is adorable.
Nice new tanks and shirts-- the orange sparkly one is so pretty----! Love me some bling, I'm like a dang crow. And park bag too-- you'll get a lot of use out of it.
Daaaaaang. You go girl!!
Lots of rain.
Here's a song for you...
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me
Three days three days, you have three daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!!!!
Yay for 3 days!!!!
The weather forecast is still typical southeast USA summer. Don't get too worried about the rain. Chance of rain is in the forecast pretty much every day from June to September. Doesn't mean it will rain! If there is a 40% chance of rain, there is a 60% chance it won't rain! And if it does rain, as I'm sure you know from past trips, it usually lasts a very short time, cools things down a little, and chases the unprepared away! And we all know you are the definition of prepared!
I love your new clothes! I'm like you - when I find something I really like, I buy it in several colors. I don't remember your first encore dress (the black one). It's really cute!
That looks like a great bag. What brand is it? It looks like a good size and something I might like for my CA trip. And Disney, I almost forgot! You see how unprepared I am for that trip?
Our luggage is getting pretty full too. I really don't want to have to check more than one bag.
Wow I thought for sure if I didn't get a shopping post up here before I left that you were going to take away my bestie card!!
And here you are singing me a song!!
I really like the orange sparkly top too. Another Loft purchase of course! It looks cute with white shorts!
Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. Maybe I should be, but I'm not! Hopefully it will be just like you said - a passing shower or storm in the afternoon and that's it.
Thanks! I do tend to get 2 of something if it fits me well. Given my size, it is hard to find things that fit right and aren't too long.
The bag is Kipling. I searched long and hard to find something comparable to what I had, something in a neutral color, and something light.
You better get prepared, your trip is right around the corner!
Great shopping purchases! I can tell you went shopping at the LOFT. I have a couple of the same pieces of clothing. I just bought the same brown dress for our upcoming cruise. I really wanted the dress in pink but they didn't have my size. Hopefully the rain will be more in the way of showers.
I am going to the CBR in the first week in March. I can decide which building in Jamaica to request # 44 0r 45. #45 is closer to the bridge, but it looks like # 44 has a beach area. We are mid-age couple going without children. Any room recommendations? Thankyou
cute clothes!! and the new park bag looks very handy!! I love having bags that I know will work for certain things... i need a new VB backpack for this year..my old one is getting worn looking..and the new ones are just a weeeensy bit bigger on the bottom which is perfect~ I will be using my bigger Canon camera this year and that will be just what I need...I know that you are all so excited!!!
Super cute outfits Shelly! I can't believe you're leaving in 3 days!!
I can't wait to hear how you like the beach, we have been dying for a beach trip. I need to relax
Thanks! I love the Loft!
I wanted the dress in white, but they didn't have it. So I got 2 other colors instead...
Jamaica 45 is closest to the bridge, but both 44 & 45 are great locations. Enjoy.
The VB Disney design should be out this fall, not sure if it will be before your trip or not though.
Yep, we are getting pretty excited!!
I sure hope we enjoy the beach, I'm a bit nervous!
I'm sure it will all be good.
No revoking of the bestie card. Well unless you didn't come to my first born's wedding or something. Then I'd demand that you show your face in a public place and declare your friendship in an over the top manner.
Love all your new stuff. I love the Loft as well!
Only a couple of days now. Woohoo!!
Don't stress about the weather. You know it's only chances of rain.
And it definately doesn't feel like summer around here anymore. It's only 57 degrees here right now!! Can't wait for summer weather in a week and a half!! I can't believe I'll miss you by 3 days.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Separate names with a comma.