Trip Number Ten ~ We're Going Again! Plus a side trip!

So, are there any AK plans this time??

With adding the beach in at the beginning of the trip, and with not wanting to overdo it on this trip when we know it is going to be super hot – sadly, there will be no AK this time.

We definitely could squeeze it in if we really wanted to, but we would just rather spend more time at Epcot and have a little down time. So we aren't going to cram our schedule full.

We have 6 day base park tickets. Plus the free ticket to use at either Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, or Disney Quest. The park tickets will probably go like this: 3 Epcot days (since we are staying right there), 2 MK days, and 1 DHS day. So, where will be spend our free ticket?

We have gone back and forth on this. Several times. First we went back and forth on the 2 waterparks. And we finally decided on Typhoon Lagoon. Then we went back and forth between Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest. Decided on DQ. For sure. Then decided on TL. For sure. And then we were undecided for awhile. :crazy2: In the end (as on right now), we are sticking with TL. Unless it is raining or something like that, then we will go to DQ instead. Either way, we will go in the morning at opening and I'm guessing we will stay until about 1:00 or so. And the rest of that day will be our rest day and probably DTD in the evening. :thumbsup2

TL pics.... All courtesy of my good DIS friend and TA co-worker RinkyTinkyTinky!! :goodvibes Thanks Rinky!

TL2_zpsf474c813.jpg

TL1_zpsca5dce7d.jpg

TL3_zps4aaf4ba0.jpg

TL5_zps006656bc.jpg

TL6_zps4792c5eb.jpg

TL7_zps64a7eedc.jpg

TL8_zps98fdf835.jpg

TL9_zps7b02186b.jpg

TL10_zpsfbbaad69.jpg

TL11_zpsb1c6e7de.jpg

TL12_zps7ed5da75.jpg

TL13_zps647293bf.jpg

Up Next: DTD Plans

So, are there any AK plans this time??

With adding the beach in at the beginning of the trip, and with not wanting to overdo it on this trip when we know it is going to be super hot – sadly, there will be no AK this time.

We definitely could squeeze it in if we really wanted to, but we would just rather spend more time at Epcot and have a little down time. So we aren't going to cram our schedule full.

We have 6 day base park tickets. Plus the free ticket to use at either Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, or Disney Quest. The park tickets will probably go like this: 3 Epcot days (since we are staying right there), 2 MK days, and 1 DHS day. So, where will be spend our free ticket?

We have gone back and forth on this. Several times. First we went back and forth on the 2 waterparks. And we finally decided on Typhoon Lagoon. Then we went back and forth between Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest. Decided on DQ. For sure. Then decided on TL. For sure. And then we were undecided for awhile. :crazy2: In the end (as on right now), we are sticking with TL. Unless it is raining or something like that, then we will go to DQ instead. Either way, we will go in the morning at opening and I'm guessing we will stay until about 1:00 or so. And the rest of that day will be our rest day and probably DTD in the evening. :thumbsup2

TL pics.... All courtesy of my good DIS friend and TA co-worker RinkyTinkyTinky!! :goodvibes Thanks Rinky!

Up Next: DTD Plans

TL looked like the best choice to me!
We did BB a few years back. We should have waited until DS12 was a little older. I think he was 6 at the time. TL looks better. I think we chose BB b/c DH had been to TL before and wanted to try BB.
As for DQ we had promised DS16 a trip there last month, but with all the visitors we had and going to US/IOA there just wasn't any time.
So we are definitely going in Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We liked TL better than BB also. :thumbsup2 Snorkeling with the sharks was really fun, but holy crap that water was COLD. :eek: It was hard to get used to the water, and breathe through the snorkel but once I got used to it, it was great!

I know you're not a huge fan of Ak, but I'M surprised you're skipping it altogether! But I really shouldn't be. Y'all go often enough that skipping a park one trip doesn't mean you won't go back for 5 years! That would be my scenario! :rolleyes1

I felt like I was reading a suspense novel when you were talking about your free pass day. :laughing: I was dying to know what you chose, but I wouldn't let my eyes look too far down and spoil the ending. :scratchin

I don't know much about DQ at all, but I was glad you picked TL! We went there a few trips ago, and we really liked it. To give you an idea of how long ago it was......there was no BB yet. So we didn't have to choose, it was TL or nothing! For me, I like the looks of TL over BB, at least theme-wise. BB may have more/better slides, I don't know, but I'd pick TL just because of looks.

I agree, you really should try the snorkeling even in the cold water. It's such a unique experience! I'd recommend going there first because it's a very popular attraction. Also, you'll be right around the corner from Crush N' Gusher which is also very popular. That way you can do those two first thing, maybe before it gets crowded. Cn'G is just like the Aquaduck so you'll get to see what that's like even if I never talk you into the cruise! :laughing: The wave pool is fun too but it is INTENSE! Watch those kids carefully even if they can swim well. We found out after we left the park that they have 'bobbing waves' every couple of hours or so and I think that would've been the best time for us to do the wave pool. Right there by the ticket booth there's a chalkboard that will have the times listed for the bobbing waves if you want to take note. And don't forget, the lazy river will take you to all the attractions, so you don't have to do so much walking! Loved that! :thumbsup2

I hope you guys do end up going there! I really want to hear all about it! I don't know a thing about BB or DQ. If I was going to choose between the water parks though, I'd definitely go with TL for the theming alone. I've also heard that BB has more thrill rides, which my family isn't quite ready for yet. (Actually... I'll never be ready for it! :rotfl:)

It is a bit sad to not make it to a certain park during a trip, but you know what works best for your family and the point is to have a great vacation :) We usually will spend a day at AK and a day at DHS and then use the rest of our days for MK and Epcot. I love those TL pictures, wow! It is so pretty there. I think that TL is a great choice for your free ticket, but Disney Quest is really cool too and I'm sure that your boys would love it.

Hey, did you happen to see these vintage signs that are going to be for sale?

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/vintage-signs-inspired-actual-park-signs-arrive-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland

Looks adorable! And the Aloha Isle one would match my kitchen perfectly! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to go back and see which other ones they have! If you see them, will you fill me in on the details??? popcorn::

:yay:

Did the article mention when they would be available?? I'll be on the lookout. They look cool. I LOVE vintage stuff like that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

TL looked like the best choice to me!
We did BB a few years back. We should have waited until DS12 was a little older. I think he was 6 at the time. TL looks better. I think we chose BB b/c DH had been to TL before and wanted to try BB.
As for DQ we had promised DS16 a trip there last month, but with all the visitors we had and going to US/IOA there just wasn't any time.
So we are definitely going in Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think they both look really cool! :thumbsup2 I'm not sure how much DS11 will do, so we'll see. He may surprise me!

You'll have to let me know how DQ is if you get there before me! :)

We liked TL better than BB also. :thumbsup2 Snorkeling with the sharks was really fun, but holy crap that water was COLD. :eek: It was hard to get used to the water, and breathe through the snorkel but once I got used to it, it was great!

:scared1: I hate cold water!! The snorkeling does sound like a cool experience though!

Hey, did you happen to see these vintage signs that are going to be for sale?

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/artic...signs-arrive-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland

Looks adorable! And the Aloha Isle one would match my kitchen perfectly! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to go back and see which other ones they have! If you see them, will you fill me in on the details??? popcorn::

:yay:

I saw something about that but really haven't read all the details yet. I'll have to do that! And I'll let you know if I see them. :thumbsup2

I know you're not a huge fan of Ak, but I'M surprised you're skipping it altogether! But I really shouldn't be. Y'all go often enough that skipping a park one trip doesn't mean you won't go back for 5 years! That would be my scenario! :rolleyes1

I felt like I was reading a suspense novel when you were talking about your free pass day. :laughing: I was dying to know what you chose, but I wouldn't let my eyes look too far down and spoil the ending. :scratchin

I don't know much about DQ at all, but I was glad you picked TL! We went there a few trips ago, and we really liked it. To give you an idea of how long ago it was......there was no BB yet. So we didn't have to choose, it was TL or nothing! For me, I like the looks of TL over BB, at least theme-wise. BB may have more/better slides, I don't know, but I'd pick TL just because of looks.

We skipped it a couple of trips ago too. The time we went to Legoland. We really didn't miss it too much. :confused3 Just not our thing I guess. We'll go next time!

:laughing: Wow I didn't know I was that suspensful!! :rotfl: DQ is indoors and it's all video games and simulations and things like that. I think the boys would like it, but I really haven't read too many good reviews of it. :confused3

Yeah we think BB looks really cool, but you know how we all love the tropical theme, so TL won! :cloud9:

I agree, you really should try the snorkeling even in the cold water. It's such a unique experience! I'd recommend going there first because it's a very popular attraction. Also, you'll be right around the corner from Crush N' Gusher which is also very popular. That way you can do those two first thing, maybe before it gets crowded. Cn'G is just like the Aquaduck so you'll get to see what that's like even if I never talk you into the cruise! :laughing: The wave pool is fun too but it is INTENSE! Watch those kids carefully even if they can swim well. We found out after we left the park that they have 'bobbing waves' every couple of hours or so and I think that would've been the best time for us to do the wave pool. Right there by the ticket booth there's a chalkboard that will have the times listed for the bobbing waves if you want to take note. And don't forget, the lazy river will take you to all the attractions, so you don't have to do so much walking! Loved that! :thumbsup2

I hope you guys do end up going there! I really want to hear all about it! I don't know a thing about BB or DQ. If I was going to choose between the water parks though, I'd definitely go with TL for the theming alone. I've also heard that BB has more thrill rides, which my family isn't quite ready for yet. (Actually... I'll never be ready for it! :rotfl:)

You know, I hadn't even given any thoughts to a touring plan for TL! :upsidedow I guess I really should study up on the place!! Anymore tips you have would be greatly appreciated! :goodvibes

Thanks again for the pics! :thumbsup2

It is a bit sad to not make it to a certain park during a trip, but you know what works best for your family and the point is to have a great vacation :) We usually will spend a day at AK and a day at DHS and then use the rest of our days for MK and Epcot. I love those TL pictures, wow! It is so pretty there. I think that TL is a great choice for your free ticket, but Disney Quest is really cool too and I'm sure that your boys would love it.

We thought we would be sad or something woud feel "off" the last time we didn't go to AK, but it was fine. I think it has maybe become an every other trip park for us. :confused3 We sure could never skip any other the others though!!

I think we'll like TL. But if that day ends up to be nasty out we may just end up at DQ!

Last year on our trip we did the YES program and got 8 visits to TL, BB and/or DQ so we did all three! :thumbsup2:banana::woohoo: Anywho, out of TL and BB we liked BB better. We just felt like there were more slides there for us to do. BB also had a great kid area (not that you'll be visiting that area) that my kids loved. We enjoyed the family raft ride, lazy river and wave pool more there, too. We thought the wave pool at TL was pretty rough. The waves knocked us over a few times. That said, we liked TL too. Next trip we plan on doing one or the other and my boys picked BB hands-down. As far as DQ, I can say that I didn't enjoy it. Video games and simulators aren't my thing but my three boys (DH included) LOVED it. I couldn't get them out of there. We were there for a good 3-4 hours. :eek: I found myself a comfy seat and read a book. I'm glad we went and enjoyed seeing my boys having fun but I kept on thinking about the precious Disney time I was wasting inside DQ. Against my boys wishes, we won't be returning next trip.

We enjoy AK but for us it is a half-day park. If it wasn't for EE and the safari ride we probably wouldn't venture over there. In fact, we already discussed skipping it on our upcoming trip but my one son has all of a sudden taken a new interest in zoos (not that AK is one) and animals in general, so now he wants to visit there. We'll see. He may have a new interest by then. ;)

I went to BB. Not a fan. Seemed like a lot of thrill ride type things and my idea of fun at a body of water is parking my behind somewhere relaxing, not getting in line to have the Tarnation scared out of me. I think TL looks really pretty! That lazy river looks about my speed!! Thinking your boys will love it!!

We got two free tix to DQ and we have the "and more" part of two of our no exp tickets from when we stayed at POFQ and got that part free-- remember that promo? Anyway-- I'm gonna take those tix w us in case we have down time. I'll take 4 pics and report back to you. ;)

Omg... Speaking of that!! When I called to pay off the trip the CM tried to sell me the photo pass. I said oh I don't need that I just don't take pics much. She said yes but you'll be there a week and will take more than you think. I said honey my best friend still gives me a hard time bc I went to Disney world once and took four pictures total. :laughing: She almost fell out. She said I guess you weren't kidding, you don't need photo pass!! Annnnnnnnd then she sold me insurance instead. :rotfl:

Okay how is your packing? You better get on it!!

Here is what I did this week! I ordered sunscreen from Arizona Sun, you know, the one I love. It came fed ex yesterday and last night we sat at the table sniffing it saying it smells like WDW.
I also printed out Mousekeeping envelopes and stuffed them w money so they are ready.

I am on the ball chief!!!! :yay: No waiting till the last minute this time! I'm at 27 days. Woot!!

Last year on our trip we did the YES program and got 8 visits to TL, BB and/or DQ so we did all three! :thumbsup2Anywho, out of TL and BB we liked BB better. We just felt like there were more slides there for us to do. BB also had a great kid area (not that you'll be visiting that area) that my kids loved. We enjoyed the family raft ride, lazy river and wave pool more there, too. We thought the wave pool at TL was pretty rough. The waves knocked us over a few times. That said, we liked TL too. Next trip we plan on doing one or the other and my boys picked BB hands-down. As far as DQ, I can say that I didn't enjoy it. Video games and simulators aren't my thing but my three boys (DH included) LOVED it. I couldn't get them out of there. We were there for a good 3-4 hours. :eek: I found myself a comfy seat and read a book. I'm glad we went and enjoyed seeing my boys having fun but I kept on thinking about the precious Disney time I was wasting inside DQ. Against my boys wishes, we won't be returning next trip.

We enjoy AK but for us it is a half-day park. If it wasn't for EE and the safari ride we probably wouldn't venture over there. In fact, we already discussed skipping it on our upcoming trip but my one son has all of a sudden taken a new interest in zoos (not that AK is one) and animals in general, so now he wants to visit there. We'll see. He may have a new interest by then. ;)

Wow all three!! That's exciting! I appreciate your feedback on them all. :goodvibes

I think that's exactly how I would feel at DQ. Bored and like I was wasting my Disney time!! :faint:

Yeah, we never spend more than about 4 hours at AK. And yep, if it weren't for EE and the safari it would really hold very little interest to us.

I bet your DS will love AK this time with his new found love of animals! :)

I went to BB. Not a fan. Seemed like a lot of thrill ride type things and my idea of fun at a body of water is parking my behind somewhere relaxing, not getting in line to have the Tarnation scared out of me. I think TL looks really pretty! That lazy river looks about my speed!! Thinking your boys will love it!!

I don't really see you being a fan of either waterpark! :eek: :rotfl:

And I may not be either... We'll see! I do like waterslides and lazy rivers, just not a fan of walking around wet all day. :scared1:

We got two free tix to DQ and we have the "and more" part of two of our no exp tickets from when we stayed at POFQ and got that part free-- remember that promo? Anyway-- I'm gonna take those tix w us in case we have down time. I'll take 4 pics and report back to you. ;)

I did see that WDW is giving 2 DQ tix with their packages now. You'll have to let me know if you end up going!! I do remember that promo - back in 2007 I think! :upsidedow

Yes, I'm looking forward to your 4 pics. :laughing:

Omg... Speaking of that!! When I called to pay off the trip the CM tried to sell me the photo pass. I said oh I don't need that I just don't take pics much. She said yes but you'll be there a week and will take more than you think. I said honey my best friend still gives me a hard time bc I went to Disney world once and took four pictures total. :laughing: She almost fell out. She said I guess you weren't kidding, you don't need photo pass!! Annnnnnnnd then she sold me insurance instead. :rotfl:

Well, next time you won't get the 'hard sell' for the photopass or insurance or anything else!! ;)

Some of the CM's try to sell me all that extra stuff for my clients. :crazy2: I just say -- I don't have their permission to charge their credit card for that - so, NO THANKS!

That is so funny that you told her all that!! :lmao: Yeah, I could have told her she was wasting her breath! :rotfl:

Okay how is your packing? You better get on it!!

Here is what I did this week! I ordered sunscreen from Arizona Sun, you know, the one I love. It came fed ex yesterday and last night we sat at the table sniffing it saying it smells like WDW.
I also printed out Mousekeeping envelopes and stuffed them w money so they are ready.

I am on the ball chief!!!! No waiting till the last minute this time! I'm at 27 days. Woot!!

The packing -- what packing??? :faint: Haven't done anything more. :confused3 :eek: Not sure what my deal is. :upsidedow I'm going to get on it this week!! :thumbsup2 At least I better!

I love when certain products smell like WDW!! We have several things like that! :cloud9:

You are on the ball! I'm so proud!! :goodvibes

Two Weeks to go!! :banana::banana:

So, I just looked at the accuweather forecast because they give the extended, extended forecast!! And it looks like 92 each day and thunderstorms! :laughing: Yep, that sounds about right - Florida in August! :rotfl:

On my last trip to WDW I did both TL and BB and liked TL better. Being from Canada the fake snow and christmas music seemed out of place to me in August.

So, I just looked at the accuweather forecast because they give the extended, extended forecast!! And it looks like 92 each day and thunderstorms! :laughing: Yep, that sounds about right - Florida in August! :rotfl:

Yay!!! So happy for you.

Did I tell you that DS12 and I are going for Labor Day weekend?? I will be celebrating my b-day!! Woohoo. :)

On my last trip to WDW I did both TL and BB and liked TL better. Being from Canada the fake snow and christmas music seemed out of place to me in August.

Maybe that's it -- all the snow at BB just doesn't interest me, being from the north!! :laughing:

No, actually I think it looks pretty cool. We'll see how TL goes for us and maybe we'll do BB next year!

Yay!!! So happy for you.

Did I tell you that DS12 and I are going for Labor Day weekend?? I will be celebrating my b-day!! Woohoo. :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

No, I didn't know you were going over Labor Day! That's awesome! :cool1: I booked 2 clients last week for Labor Day weekend. Talk about last minute! Labor Day week (and the week before and the week after) really is a great time to go. :thumbsup2

Yay for 2 weeks (minus almost 2 days)!!! :woohoo:

That's what I call a long-range forecast! I wouldn't put a whole lot of trust in that. And that forecast sounds like ours from June to September. :scared: I'm counting down the days until fall!

Sorry I got behind with being out of town and now I am caught up.

We definitely didn't get to spend enough time in Epcot on our last trip, so we are

Well there are two different experiences to MS. The orange and the green. The orange is more intense and spins you I guess, I've never done it. It makes a lot of people sick. The green side is way less intense with no spinning. Very tame actually. I just don't like it because I feel sick when they close the door and you are trapped in there!! :scared: Claustrophobia I guess. :confused3

Sounds like it will be the green course for me, I don't do spinning.

So where will we be using our Fastpass Plus at in Epcot???

Well, here were the choices:

Turtle Talk with Crush
Maelstrom
Test Track
Soarin
The Seas with Nemo
Character Spot Meet & Greet
Mission Space
Journey with Figment
Captain EO
Living with the Land

We will be arriving at Epcot two times at rope drop and once in the afternoon, around 3pm.

The first day that we arrive at rope drop we got Fastpasses for:
Soarin
Character Spot Meet & Greet
Test Track

The other day we are going to Epcot at rope drop we will go and ride Soarin first thing (without a FP), then we will take the monorail to the Poly for a late breakfast at Kona. So I made our FP+ times for when we get back from the Poly:
Soarin
Test Track
Maelstrom

The day we arrive at Epcot in the afternoon we got them for:
Soarin
Mission Space
Test Track

DS14 has informed me that he no longer wants to ride MS. Must be taking after me with the claustrophobia! I tried to get us a FP+ for Maelstrom for the same time that DH & DS11 will do MS, but there weren't any available at that time. But it's okay, maybe we can ride it without a FP or we will just wait on them! I've only ever seen Maelstrom with a huge line once and it was last April/May. :scared1:

I'm happy with my FP+ picks for Epcot!! I really just want to ride Soarin as much as possible. I used to love TT, and I do still like it. Just not crazy about the new theme.

Great line up for Epcot!!!

We went over MLK week this past January and it was A-W-F-U-L. It was the busiest time I have ever been to WDW, and I will never do it again. :scared: I was stupid about it, and thought "Oh, it's January! It will be slow!" :rolleyes:

The Brazilian tour groups were out in full force, and it was not a great time. We originally planned for this trip to be a quick Sun - Friday trip and we ended up adding on 2 extra days to make it a full week. We didn't even bother going into a park those last 2 days, because we just wanted to spend time relaxing at the resort and getting away from the crowds. :eek:

UGH! We are going to be there in 2014 during that weekend. We are doing January 18-25 with President's Day being on the 20th. Here are our plans, do you think it might not be so bad and we are rope drop people.
Jan 18 Epcot
Jan 19 HS
Jan 20 Epcot
Jan 21 & 22 MK
Jan 23 MK or Epcot or HS
Jan 24 AK or MK
Jan 25 MK

That's what I call a long-range forecast! I wouldn't put a whole lot of trust in that. And that forecast sounds like ours from June to September. :scared: I'm counting down the days until fall!

I know!! :laughing: I had to laugh when I saw it though. I thought - well highs in the 90's and a chance of rain is a pretty safe bet for the weatherman! :rotfl:

Sorry I got behind with being out of town and now I am caught up.

No problem! :goodvibes Glad you are all caught up!

Sounds like it will be the green course for me, I don't do spinning.

Neither do I! :sick: :crazy2:

Great line up for Epcot!!!

Thanks! :)

UGH! We are going to be there in 2014 during that weekend. We are doing January 18-25 with President's Day being on the 20th. Here are our plans, do you think it might not be so bad and we are rope drop people.
Jan 18 Epcot
Jan 19 HS
Jan 20 Epcot
Jan 21 & 22 MK
Jan 23 MK or Epcot or HS
Jan 24 AK or MK
Jan 25 MK

I will let Heather (rusafee) give you her opinion/experience, but here's mine... We went MLK week in 2009. We didn't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday though, right after MLK Day. I will have to see if I did a TR for that trip and you can take a look. I think I did. Anyway, we didn't find it to be awful. But it wasn't as slow as we expected either. It was a weird trip. The days were either really good or really bad crowd wise. I think it depended on if we hit the same parks as the Brazilians or not. :confused3 If given a choice I would go the following week. Which is the week we are currently looking at!

It wasn't our worst trip, that's for sure!

I'll look for that TR and you can take a look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter