Trip Number Nine ~ It's Christmastime!

HAPPY
ONE
WEEK!
:cool1:

:cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2:

"I'm too excited to sleeep!!!!!!!!!!!!"

More good news today!!!! Just got the mail and we have been chosen for the FP+ limited time only test period!!!:cool1:

I know they did it awhile back in the fall and I just read the other day that they were going to be selecting people who will be there between Dec 11 and Dec 15, for another test phase. Figured it was a fat chance that we would be chosen, but we were!! :woohoo:

More details to come..........

This is so exciting!!! I hope it works out and I can't wait to hear about it.
Will you have to choose one or two days and do it that way or how does it work??:hyper:

Um yeah, I'm thinking next Friday night you will not be quite so calm and happy....:confused3:rotfl: More like anxious and FREAKING out!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy2::cool1: :hyper:

:laughing:

HAPPY ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:santa:

Thanks!!!!!!!! I'm already overwhelmed!!:rolleyes1:hyper:

Mark and I just went fishing in the big "Monster in the Closet", Closet!! I'm happy to report that we made it out alive.
WITH luggage!!:cool1:

Bad news is we need another big duffel bag to check.
:(

He just left to go buy shoes for him and Drew. :banana:

One day closer!!!

HAPPY
ONE
WEEK!
:cool1:

:cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2: pixiedust: :cheer2:

"I'm too excited to sleeep!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thank you!!!!!!!!:cool1:

I hear ya on the 'too excited to sleep' thing. :faint: I think I slept maybe 2-3 hours last night. I am so tired and my head is pounding. Just took an Excedrin and drank a Mtn. Dew!!!

This is so exciting!!! I hope it works out and I can't wait to hear about it.
Will you have to choose one or two days and do it that way or how does it work??:hyper:

All the details are coming up!!! :banana:

Thanks!!!!!!!! I'm already overwhelmed!!:rolleyes1:hyper:

Mark and I just went fishing in the big "Monster in the Closet", Closet!! I'm happy to report that we made it out alive.
WITH luggage!!:cool1:

Bad news is we need another big duffel bag to check.
:(

He just left to go buy shoes for him and Drew. :banana:

One day closer!!!

I had to break down and come to terms with the fact that we are going to have to check 2 pieces of luggage. :faint: Not that it's going to cost us anymore, since we are flying with SW. It's just that we've gone the last 3 trips with only checking one piece and it's just easier.

Oh well!!

So do you need to buy another bag or just drag another one out?? popcorn::

I am totally packed except for the last minute things! :hyper:

Yup, I knew it!::yes:: That forecast has to be this close to be more accurate. Plus I think there had been some tropical weather out in the ocean they had been watching, so I bet it went away. Let's hope this forecast sticks!! Pack your shorts and cute dresses!!

I'll be anxious to hear how the FP+ goes. I love FPs generally, and on our last trip we used them but generally tried to stay in the same area of the park because most of the return times (at least early in the day) were within a couple hours. I didn't want to have to trek back and forth too much, or miss our allotted time - they were enforcing it. We heard a couple of upset and confused people. I always feel bad for them - the uniformed - but then I want them to get out of my way!

Haven't looked yet today. Hoping it stays the same!! :wizard: Yes, then I can break out the shorts & dresses!! :yay:

Yeah, we saw several people not in the know about the FP return times being enforced last trip. Lots of unhappy and confused people.

I think the FP+ thing will work out better than the regular FP because you don't have to go to the ride/attraction to get the actual FP. Therefore, only making the one trip to it. We'll see! :goodvibes

Oh no-- you poor thing. Sorry you have a migraine. :hug:

I hope the meds and dew help. :sad2:

Speaking of that--- I'm going to find the goods right now to put with my stuff to pack.

Gotta make sure I have to Sudafed and excedrin at the ready for that flight!:yay:

Forecast is still beautiful!

It's actually quite warm here today-- 71 degrees. And it's rather warm to me. Course it could be those stupid hot flashes....

:rotfl2:

Oh no-- you poor thing. Sorry you have a migraine. :hug:

I hope the meds and dew help. :sad2:

Speaking of that--- I'm going to find the goods right now to put with my stuff to pack.

Gotta make sure I have to Sudafed and excedrin at the ready for that flight!:yay:

Yes, get the goods packed!! We don't need any airplane migraines!! :eek:
Forecast is still beautiful!

It's actually quite warm here today-- 71 degrees. And it's rather warm to me. Course it could be those stupid hot flashes....

:rotfl2:

YAY!! :cool1:

Hot flashes.......:rotfl:

You might need those hot flashes if our vacation temps drop back down again! ::yes::

:laughing:

Hot flashes can bite me.

:rolleyes1

But yes when I get one I love it when it's cold outside! Then I don't have to try to climb into the freezer and close the door. This morning since it was hot out, I was running for the freezer looking for an ice pack. Couldn't find one or even any vegetables I was willing to sacrifice so some frozen waffles in ziplock bags had to help a sister out.

:scared1:

Yes they went into the garbage afterwards and no I didn't care at all that I was wasteful. It was bliss.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Mark was going to buy another duffel. When I went to pack our big one last Sept the zipper broke 2 minutes before we left for the airport as I was trying to zip it up.
That was an interesting few minutes. ::yes::

At least you don't have to pay for the checked luggage. I'd be packing a bazillion just so I wouldn't have to lug it on the plane.
Er, Mark would lug I mean. :dance3:

Oh yeah-- goods are packed! I mean, they are NEXT to the open luggage. Close enough. I only have 3 pills though so maybe I should get another round.:scratchin

Okay, so yesterday I got a green and white envelope in the mail and it says:

"Important Information for your Upcoming Disney experience! Disney FastPass+"

So I ripped into it as I was yelling and jumping up and down!! :yay::rotfl:

Inside it says:

"During this invitation only test, you can select 4 experiences at MK on one day and 3 experiences at DHS for another day before you leave home. That's 2 days of spending more time having fun together!"

So it gives you a website to log onto. I go there and it asks for my ressie # and then all our names pop up! The test dates are Dec 11-Dec 15. I had read earlier last week that they were doing the test again during those dates and that they were randomly choosing people coming in on ME during those dates. Well we arrive at the Poly that day, but we are actually coming in on ME on Dec 9 and going to the GF. So I didn't figure we would get picked. And Friday I read on here people saying they had received the offer. So I was even more sure we weren't getting picked then. So I was very surprised!! :cool1:

Since we are only going to DHS one day, the day to pick for that was easy! So I chose my day and went in thinking that I would choose FP's for RNRC, TOT, and TSM. Duh!! But I quickly saw that wasn't possible. DHS is broken up into 2 categories. The first one is: LMA Stunt Show, RNRC, and TSM. You are allowed to choose only 1 FP from that category. All other rides/attractions are in the other category, and you can choose 2 FP's from that category. Okay, so my plan was completely thrown!! :upsidedow

I thought about it for awhile (once you log on you have 30 minutes to make your decisions) and decided that we should go with TSM over RNRC. The line is almost always longer at TSM. Plus it's only DS13 and I who ride RNRC and we can always do single rider if we have to. So I chose TSM from the one category. And then we were onto the other category. Where after much consideration we chose TOT and Star Tours. Never having been to WDW during this time of year and not knowing how crowded it was going to be made it a bit hard to choose. But knowing that we are only doing DHS once and are not arriving until about lunch time that day, I know TSM could very likely be out of FP's by then and everything else could be lined up as well.

So then I moved onto MK. We are going there twice. One day around 12 or 1, and the other day at RD. So I chose the day we are arriving later. Knowing that on our RD day, even if it is crowded we could still do lots in the morning. MK was broken into 2 categories as well. And you can pick 2 attractions from each. The first category included: BTMRR, Buzz, Princess meet & greet, Mickey meet & greet, Enchanted tales with Belle, preferred seating for MSEP, Peter Pan, Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, and preferred seating for Wishes. After careful consideration I chose BTMRR and Space Mtn. Then I realized that you can go in and change it for some of your party. At first I thought you all had to have the same FP's. But nope! So I was able to change DH & DS11's from Space Mtn to Buzzlightyear!! For the other category the choices were: Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, Dumbo, JC, Philharmagic, Monsters, Inc, Barnstormer, Aladdin, Pooh, and the new Under the Sea with the LM!! So the new Under the Sea was a no brainer!! Definitely picked that one. It was hard to choose the other one, but with DS11's help I chose the HM. It doesn't usually have a long line when we are there, but I am thinking this trip is going to be more crowded than we are used to. And my kids would rather skip stuff than wait more than about 20 min!! :faint:

Also - after you make your choices, the rides/attractions you chose come up and you then have 4 categories to choose from for times. A, B, C, or D. One might have all morning times, one might have all afternoon times, one might be mixed, etc. It sort of puts them in order, but not always one right after another. For example: Our DHS day 3 FP times are: 12:00-1:00, 1:35-2:35, and 3:20- 4:20.

I also figured out that you can go in and manually change your times for any given FP. You can't just pick a time, there will be other available times that come up and you can pick one. The times that you have other FP's for are blacked out though!

Okay, well hopefully that answered any questions you might have about the new FP+ program!! It is very interesting, that's for sure. Sure made me happy knowing that we are going to be able to do some of our favorites, at what is likely to be a very busy time, on non rope drop days!

When I told DH all this he said to me -- so can we still get regular FP's then??? I'm not sure, but I would venture to say yes. We each received a green FP+ card with our names on them. They are not tied to our park tix at all, especially being that we didn't even buy our park tix from WDW!!

:goodvibes

That is all so interesting and cool!!:cool1: I was wondering as I read the specifics if it was tied to your KTTK card somehow. Interesting b/c I had heard at one point that it's all going the way of a wrist band.

I wonder when it will roll out for everyone and if you will have to be arriving by ME in order to obtain it once it is implemented. It certainly will cause a stir if that's the case!

I like that all of the FPs don't have to be together. That's a good thing.

Do you know if you can change your selections right up until it's your time to go to the ride? Just wondering how that works, like if you decide you can't make it to the park on time or something happens.:scratchin

It's all just so neat and I'm happy you are getting to experience it so we can hear all about it!!:yay:

That is all so interesting and cool!!:cool1: I was wondering as I read the specifics if it was tied to your KTTK card somehow. Interesting b/c I had heard at one point that it's all going the way of a wrist band.

I wonder when it will roll out for everyone and if you will have to be arriving by ME in order to obtain it once it is implemented. It certainly will cause a stir if that's the case!

I like that all of the FPs don't have to be together. That's a good thing.

Do you know if you can change your selections right up until it's your time to go to the ride? Just wondering how that works, like if you decide you can't make it to the park on time or something happens.:scratchin

It's all just so neat and I'm happy you are getting to experience it so we can hear all about it!!:yay:

It is all very interesting!! I'm not sure when it's all supposed to roll out to the public. I read an article on it awhile back but I don't remember the specifics. :confused3

I certainly don't think you would have to be arriving via ME to do it once it goes public. Lots of people drive in, so that would be too discriminating. I think it will be available to everyone staying on-site.

I'm not sure about changing times last minute. I know I can log back in right now and change some times if I wanted to. I'm not sure when that would cut off and if maybe there would be less choices the closer it gets. I won't have internet access once we get there except for DS13's Ipod, so I'll probably keep ours the same!

The only thing I am questioning is preferred seating for MSEP.....The trouble is that I'm not sure if we are going to want to see it or not. :confused3 We were just going to wing it. If we had done a lot and had the free time we would, but if we hadn't done a lot and still wanted that hour+ wait time for rides & stuff then we weren't going to watch it....So I don't want to waste a FP+ on it if we end up not doing it. I wish I knew more about it. Like where the seating was and how long before the parade you actually have to get there and so on...So I guess for now we won't be using a FP+ on it.

Hey Girl just got caught up on your report! I cannot believe you are sooo close to your trip right now.....yay! Very excited for you guys and also jealous. We still have like a year until we get to go back :(. Thank you for sharing the new FP info...wow just another thing for all of us OCD planners to have control of when it comes to our vacations :)

Hey Girl just got caught up on your report! I cannot believe you are sooo close to your trip right now.....yay! Very excited for you guys and also jealous. We still have like a year until we get to go back :(. Thank you for sharing the new FP info...wow just another thing for all of us OCD planners to have control of when it comes to our vacations :)

Hey there! :wave: Glad you are all caught up!!

I know, I can't believe next week at this time we will be there! :yay:

It will be interesting to see how the new FP+ thing plays out in the future. I didn't like the whole idea of it at first, but I'm starting to come around to it now.

It's Monday!!!

You know what that means! :banana:

Time to really start thinking about getting our butts in gear. :rotfl:

Okay maybe it's just me that needs to get it in gear. I know you have your situation under control. Mine never is, however even when I think it is. Opposites attract and all that -- it's why we're buds. :lmao:

Okay so-- first how's your headache? Better? Mine is a little foggy this morning. Hope it isn't gonna try to come full on later but it might.

Second-- um, let's see. I'm sure I had something else to say. I'm rambling. I know I am. Oh yes. Your FP+. What day are you seeing MSEP? What time will you get go the parks, is it your first day in the MK? I don't know that I would waste a FP on it. You can always find spots in Frontierland to see it. Use it for a rude bc idk how bad these crowds will be.

Okay third.......
I'm at 5 days!
You're at 6 days!!!

Holy cow!!! :banana:
Yay us!!!!!!!!!! :)

"use it for a rude"????

:rotfl:

Guess my iPhone changed it.
Perhaps I use that word a little too much and it thought that's what I meant!!

Ya think??????? ;)

Any way -- don't use your FP for a rude, even though technically you COULD... hahaha. :eek:
Just use it for a ride okay! ::yes::

I am completely convinced that Accuweather picks forecasts out of a hat! At 5:30am today the forecast for next week was sunny and 75 almost all week. At 6:30am...can you tell I am little obsessed with the forecast...it was high 70s-80 with rain almost daily?!? I will tell you that "I am ALL done checking" but, you should probably not believe me!:rotfl:

I am completely convinced that Accuweather picks forecasts out of a hat! At 5:30am today the forecast for next week was sunny and 75 almost all week. At 6:30am...can you tell I am little obsessed with the forecast...it was high 70s-80 with rain almost daily?!? I will tell you that "I am ALL done checking" but, you should probably not believe me!:rotfl:

<------------------ *runs to go see*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter