Trip Number Nine ~ It's Christmastime!

I LOVE the OL!!! I so want the rest of my family to see them!! Maybe next yr.
when I was there in 2010 they were my favorite part of all Christmas festivities.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

I love the Osborne Lights too! They were one of the highlights of this past trip. When you turn the corner, and the street they are on comes into full view, it's breathtaking!

I have been super busy these past couple of days...we have 20 people coming for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Just what I need with all of the laundry from our trip!:faint: Oh well, hopefully all will go well!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!:hug:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I cannot wait to see those!!!

Me too! :yay:

I LOVE the OL!!! I so want the rest of my family to see them!! Maybe next yr.
when I was there in 2010 they were my favorite part of all Christmas festivities.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

I do too! I hope your family gets to see them soon!

Happy Thanksgiving. Have a great day! :goodvibes

I love the Osborne Lights too! They were one of the highlights of this past trip. When you turn the corner, and the street they are on comes into full view, it's breathtaking!

I have been super busy these past couple of days...we have 20 people coming for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Just what I need with all of the laundry from our trip!:faint: Oh well, hopefully all will go well!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!:hug:

I think everyone loves the Osborne Lights!! ::yes:: They are pretty amazing. :cloud9: I'm glad you and your family got the enjoy them. I can't wait to see them again!! :cool1:

Hope all goes well for you today! We are going to my Dad's and there will be over 20 people and I made all the desserts yesterday. :faint:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelly~ I have some news to share with you. Do you want me to PM you? It's not really private just didn't want to hijack your thread. :)

Deb :)

I'll just put it on here, maybe someone else can give advice :)

Well remember when we were gonna have to move?? Well DH got the job offer anyway and was told he could work part time in FL p/ t home. I know that sounds weird commuting to FL from MA. He is so excited and I can't blame him b/c he is miserable where he is now.
There are 2 other people going with him from his old team. 1 will live down there full time ( she's single) the other will do what my DH will ( she has 3 young kids 2. 7 yo and a 4 yo) I don't know how she can be away from her kids for a week every month.

We will be buying a condo b/c the real estate is so ridiculously cheap it would be stupid to rent.
So as you can imagine I am a wreck!!! It will be a huge adjustment for the boys but I do think they'll be relieved we're not moving.
The bonus of this is WDW APs woohoo!!!! And having a vacation home~ even if it doesn't work out we'll still have the condo.
DH is flying down there the first week of January for an interview ( which is just a formality) so we'll have to wait and see what they offer him. His old boss who he will be working for again said he'd be happy with the salary, but it needs to be enough to justify the flying home twice a month.

So if anyone else reading this can give any advice I'd love some!!!! :)

Deb:)

I'll just put it on here, maybe someone else can give advice :)

Well remember when we were gonna have to move?? Well DH got the job offer anyway and was told he could work part time in FL p/ t home. I know that sounds weird commuting to FL from MA. He is so excited and I can't blame him b/c he is miserable where he is now.
There are 2 other people going with him from his old team. 1 will live down there full time ( she's single) the other will do what my DH will ( she has 3 young kids 2. 7 yo and a 4 yo) I don't know how she can be away from her kids for a week every month.

We will be buying a condo b/c the real estate is so ridiculously cheap it would be stupid to rent.
So as you can imagine I am a wreck!!! It will be a huge adjustment for the boys but I do think they'll be relieved we're not moving.
The bonus of this is WDW APs woohoo!!!! And having a vacation home~ even if it doesn't work out we'll still have the condo.
DH is flying down there the first week of January for an interview ( which is just a formality) so we'll have to wait and see what they offer him. His old boss who he will be working for again said he'd be happy with the salary, but it needs to be enough to justify the flying home twice a month.

So if anyone else reading this can give any advice I'd love some!!!! :)

Deb:)

Wow!! :cool1: Congrats! I think that sounds like a wonderful opportunity. ::yes:: A condo in FL and WDW AP's, what could be better?!! :yay:

So he will only have to be gone one week a month? You can totally do that with your kids ages. :) It would be really hard if they were younger, but they are at a good age now. And who know - if you and the kids go down with him a lot in the summer you may end up loving it down there and wanting to move!

Good luck, I hope it all works out! :wizard:

Momof2Disneyboys said:
Wow!! :cool1: Congrats! I think that sounds like a wonderful opportunity. ::yes:: A condo in FL and WDW AP's, what could be better?!! :yay:

So he will only have to be gone one week a month? You can totally do that with your kids ages. :) It would be really hard if they were younger, but they are at a good age now. And who know - if you and the kids go down with him a lot in the summer you may end up loving it down there and wanting to move!

Good luck, I hope it all works out! :wizard:

He'll probably be there 2 weeks/ month. Just not sure about all the specifics yet, 2 consecutive weeks or not ??? We'll find out in Jan. it is exciting but I'm still nervous.
The kids ages are good, but they have activities that sometimes overlap that we divide and conquer. I'm worried about stuff like that, ya know?
And I'm stressing about dropping off and picking up at the airport so often. I guess it'll just be something we need to do before we can figure out how it's going to work.
We will spend most of July there. I've talked to DH about bringing a couple of the kids friends with us for a week. I hope we can manage to do that!!
Thanks for the well wishes~ I will keep you posted.

Great pics of the Osborne Lights! And the video, of course! :santa: I love the dancing pics, too. So cute! The Osborne Lights are the #1 reason I would want to go during the Christmas season, and I will have to see that one day. I can just imagine standing there in DHs and taking in all the music and lights. It must feel magical!

And oh by the way..........

HOORAY FOR 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1: :banana: :santa: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2::jumping1::Pinkbounc

Happy 2 Weeks Shelly! :cool1: Your trip is almost here!!

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am still recovering from all of the people at my house!:rotfl:

I also just switched our vacation in December to CBR! We switched over from the Poly because we really need to save some $$ this trip...our trip last week cost us more than we thought once we got there! I am excited though, I know you have liked CBR in the past! I got a preferred room, I hope that we get a good location!

He'll probably be there 2 weeks/ month. Just not sure about all the specifics yet, 2 consecutive weeks or not ??? We'll find out in Jan. it is exciting but I'm still nervous.
The kids ages are good, but they have activities that sometimes overlap that we divide and conquer. I'm worried about stuff like that, ya know?
And I'm stressing about dropping off and picking up at the airport so often. I guess it'll just be something we need to do before we can figure out how it's going to work.
We will spend most of July there. I've talked to DH about bringing a couple of the kids friends with us for a week. I hope we can manage to do that!!
Thanks for the well wishes~ I will keep you posted.

Two weeks a month might be a little rough. But like you said -- it's probably something you are going to have to try to know what it is really like.

Is there an off-site parking lot/garage that he could maybe park in to save you the hassle of all the trips to the airport? We have one that we use and it's a lot cheaper than the airport!

That would be great for you and the kids to spend a lot of the summer down there with him. I hope it all works out for you guys!

Great pics of the Osborne Lights! And the video, of course! :santa: I love the dancing pics, too. So cute! The Osborne Lights are the #1 reason I would want to go during the Christmas season, and I will have to see that one day. I can just imagine standing there in DHs and taking in all the music and lights. It must feel magical!

And oh by the way..........

HOORAY FOR 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1: :banana: :santa: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2::jumping1::Pinkbounc

The Osborne Lights are awesome!! :cool1: I hope you get to see them someday. :wizard:

Thanks ~ I can't believe we are at 2 WEEKS!! :banana: :banana:

Happy 2 Weeks Shelly! :cool1: Your trip is almost here!!

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am still recovering from all of the people at my house!:rotfl:

I also just switched our vacation in December to CBR! We switched over from the Poly because we really need to save some $$ this trip...our trip last week cost us more than we thought once we got there! I am excited though, I know you have liked CBR in the past! I got a preferred room, I hope that we get a good location!

Thanks Lauren!! :woohoo:

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. :goodvibes I hope you did too!

CBR is a great alternative to the Poly if you are wanting to save money. :thumbsup2 And with a preferred room you will definitely have a great location. ::yes:: Have you ever stayed there before? Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Hi Shelly- yes, we had a great Thanksgiving!:goodvibes Busy, but good!

No, we have never stayed at CBR before, so everything about the resort is new to me! Not trying to hijack your thread, but do you know where the preferred rooms are located? I had a hard time finding information on the CBR thread. I'm not sure if there is somewhere else that I should be looking...

Thanks, we are very excited! It was either stay at CBR or call off the trip, so I am so glad DH decided to go along with CBR!

One more question for you, Shelly: have you ever booked a room only reservation (no tickets or dining)? We have always had a package, but I am buying tickets separately this trip and we don't have a dining plan. But, I don't see anywhere to pay the balance online before arrival. It says that the balance is due the date of arrival, but I really want to pay it off before. Do you know if you are able to call/go online to pay off the balance? Or do you just have to pay when you get there?

I just thought I would ask! Thanks!

Hi Shelly- yes, we had a great Thanksgiving!:goodvibes Busy, but good!

No, we have never stayed at CBR before, so everything about the resort is new to me! Not trying to hijack your thread, but do you know where the preferred rooms are located? I had a hard time finding information on the CBR thread. I'm not sure if there is somewhere else that I should be looking...

Thanks, we are very excited! It was either stay at CBR or call off the trip, so I am so glad DH decided to go along with CBR!

Good, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. :)

Hijack away - like I told Deb, there's hardly anyone left here anyway!! :rotfl:

Did you go to the CBR FAQ thread? There's probably a lot of info on the first page. I have some other stuff bookmarked I'm sure, so I'll get those for you...

The preferred rooms are in all of Trinidad North - buildings 31, 32, and 33. And in buildings 24, 25, and 26 of Martinique. So very close to OPR - which is where the food court, 2 gift shops, concierge desk, the marina, and the main pool is.

Each village has it's own bus stop and it's own quiet pool, so you will be close to those no matter where your room is. Each building has 2 floors. So you can request either ground floor or second floor, if you have a preference. There are beautiful walking trails around the entire lake.

One thing to know - the check in building (Custom House) is not at OPR. It is in a separate location. Some people complain about this. IDK why. We only ever go there to check in. Everything else can be done from OPR.

Hope that helps some.

I'll see what else I can find you...

Wow, ask and you shall receive! Thanks so much, Shelly!:hug: You're the best!

That is great to know about the preferred rooms. I am glad that I chose that room type, that way we will be close to OPR! And good to know about where you check-in, and how that is separate.

I figured I would ask you about this too, since you know so much!:goodvibes I asked it a couple of posts up, but since you were on such a roll, I'm not sure if you saw it!

One more question for you, Shelly: have you ever booked a room only reservation (no tickets or dining)? We have always had a package, but I am buying tickets separately this trip and we don't have a dining plan. But, I don't see anywhere to pay the balance online before arrival. It says that the balance is due the date of arrival, but I really want to pay it off before. Do you know if you are able to call/go online to pay off the balance? Or do you just have to pay when you get there?

I just thought I would ask! Thanks again!

Yes, the last few trips we have done 'room only' and bought our park tix from Undercover Tourist (saves about $100) and paid OOP for dining. We are doing it again for this trip. The money isn't due until check in, unlike the package deals that have to be paid 45 days in advance. But you should be able to pay it online or by calling. I always pay mine off before going. Just don't want the hassle when I am there! In-fact I need to get this one paid for. I think I'll do it tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter