Trip Number 9 ~ It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year ~ Christmastime at the GF & Poly

Um hum.... I was keeping em all entertained. :hyper:
Sept plans are going okay. Thinking I need to arrive Friday instead of Saturday now.
:thumbsup2

Remind me again in Sept when the kids are trying to catch up with school work how I said my kids would do okay if I took them out.:rotfl2:

I'm wearing my Laila perfume today and Belle gets off the bus and says MOM you smell like Epcot!!!:cloud9:

Thanks, I can always count on you to keep everyone entertained!! :thumbsup2

I think you arriving on Friday is a super idea! ::yes::

I still haven't figured out my dates or even if we are going to WDW or DL. :upsidedow

Funny, I was just playing my favorite Epcot music! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUuyCkvp3nA
That BTW WASN'T playing in Dec because they were playing Christmas music everywhere instead!! :crazy2:

I play that Epcot music all the time!! I close my eyes and envision myself standing in Future World. :lovestruc: Do you know if they sell soundtracks with it on it?

I love the Epcot entrance loop too I think parts of it are on the four parks one world cd.

That Epcot music is the best!! :lovestruc It took me awhile to find it on Youtube, but I eventually did and now I listen to it all the time. I sure missed it on this trip.

We had not done AK on our last trip at all. We gave that day up for an off-site trip to LegoLand! And the trip before that only DS13 and I went for a little bit. So it had been awhile since we had spent much time at AK.

The GF was the last stop going to AK. But we had to stop at Blizzard Beach on the way. I'm not sure how long it took to get there, but it was not a quick trip by any means. But eventually we made our way there!

DisneyDecember2012030_zps18880767.jpg

DisneyDecember2012031_zps4ec27b92.jpg

DisneyDecember2012032_zpsb9f7fabb.jpg

DisneyDecember2012033_zps04428100.jpg

First up was Dinosaur! The wait time said 20 minutes, but I don't think we waited quite that long.

DisneyDecember2012034_zps18349d77.jpg

DisneyDecember2012035_zps2f696ea3.jpg

DisneyDecember2012036_zps6e0e0141.jpg

DisneyDecember2012037_zps76bb97b9.jpg

The ride was awesome as always, but check out the dude in front of us in the pic. He had his camera out the entire time and was taking pictures with the FLASH ON!! :mad: The entire time. He even was turned around trying to take pics and snapped several right in my face. :furious: I kept yelling – NO flash photography!! Plus Dinosaur isn't exactly a ride you can get pics in anyway. Too fast and jerky. What an idiot!

DisneyDecember2012038_zpsc5097afe.jpg

Yeah, that's what he did the whole way through the ride. :sad2: When we got off the ride and saw that picture I said VERY loudly – look at that guy taking pics and ruining the ride for everyone!! And I looked right at him when I said it. Unfortunately I don't think he spoke any English.

So we moved on....DS13 and I wanted to go ride EE next, so we headed that way and DH & DS11 stayed behind and said they would meet up with us over there in a bit.

On our way to EE...

DisneyDecember2012040_zps8fcea88b.jpg

DisneyDecember2012041_zpsbd59dd67.jpg

DisneyDecember2012042_zpsef16fc12.jpg

The stand-by line said 30 minutes. We didn't feel like waiting it out, so we went to the single rider line. There were only a few people waiting in that line and we were onto the ride in less than a few minutes! We ended up on the same train and as we were waiting I noticed I was with a lady who appeared to be by herself. I asked her if she was alone and she said she was and that she had gone through the single rider line as well. Not sure how her and I ended up riding together. DS was going to be a few seats ahead of her and I asked her if she would mind switching with him, and she was happy to! So DS and I had waited about 2-3 minutes and were getting to ride together!!

DisneyDecember2012043_zps1fb42ac3.jpg

DisneyDecember2012044_zps0ace3904.jpg

DisneyDecember2012045_zps7cd29551.jpg

DisneyDecember2012046_zps667b65bf.jpg

After our awesome ride DS went through the single rider line and rode again! Unfortunately I can only ride once anymore. It stinks to get old!!

DisneyDecember2012047_zpscad04eb9.jpg

DisneyDecember2012048_zps9e1fc426.jpg

Then we met back up with DH & DS11 and went on a walk, heading towards the Safari. Didn't really see or do much along the way. Just took our time and looked around a bit...

DisneyDecember2012049_zps353d391c.jpg

DisneyDecember2012050_zps86106903.jpg

DisneyDecember2012051_zps09d05f58.jpg

DisneyDecember2012052_zps0d7e4ffc.jpg

Up Next: Safari, Camp Minnie-Mickey, and Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade

Momof2Disneyboys said:
That Epcot music is the best!! :lovestruc It took me awhile to find it on Youtube, but I eventually did and now I listen to it all the time. I sure missed it on this trip.

I love listening to WDW music on YouTube!!!! Thanks for that.
My DH is leaving for FL tomorrow morning. Even though he's not going to Disney I am so jealous!!! It has been in the 80s there!!!
I'll have some news for you by Tuesday......I hope. I hope it's good news.

I cannot believe that man taking photos like that on Dinosaur. He looks ridiculous in your ride photo. Grrr!

Our kiddos are alike Shelly. Morghan can ride EE over and over. And we're alike. One ride and done. :rotfl:

Your AK day sure looks a lot less crowded than my AK day!! Awesome!:thumbsup2

I love that pic of y'all in Dinosaur. It actually made me laugh-- it looks like both you and your DH are getting ready to karate chop that guy taking the pictures. Some people are just plain ignorant and selfish.
:headache:

How wonderful that you got to ride together on EE. That worked out so well!

Did you like AK any better this trip? We are getting to where we actually have a really fun time in that park. Belle loved it this time and even Mark said he enjoyed it more than ever before.:rotfl:

Great update!popcorn::

Okay I have an update to Sept plans....:cool1:

Arriving Friday now.:hyper: On Saturday M and D will go to the FL game and Belle and I are gonna stay at the resort!!:cool1: I'm taking her to the castle for an early Breakfast and then we will play at the MK until we get tired then back to the pool or whatever.

That "whatever" probably will include seeing you so your imaginary trip to DL has been cancelled. :rolleyes1

Besides-- BTMRR in DL is down now for 10 months. You won't get to ride it and we know how much your DS11 loves it. No reason to go there now.

See---- I made the decision for you on which trip to take. No need to thank me.:3dglasses

Thanks for posting the link to the Epcot music! :music: I loved it! Since I am not a true Disney expert, it wasn't familiar to me. But then listening to it made me remember the feeling of being there.

I would have been mad at Mr. The Rules Don't Apply To Me just as much as you were. :( There's always one in every crowd. :sad2: It seem that Disney has several in every crowd these days. And these days you never now how much you should say to those people. You might be talking to a loose cannon. :scared1:

Yay for getting to ride with your DS on EE! And without having to wait in a long line! :woohoo:

I'm anxious to know how you liked AK on this trip, too. I hope you'll let us know after your next update. popcorn::

Taking pics is annoying enough but right in your face??!!! That is just wrong!

That's awesome how you ended up riding EE together. We LOVE EE!!! Well all but 1. That is the only reason DH will go to AK. I think that's why he loves park hoppers so much lol.
I haven't been on Dinosaur since our first trip. It was to jerky for me. I think I said I was gonna try it again last time but didn't. I think I feel bad that DS15 sits and waits for us I offer to stay behind with him. Oh we'll I'm sure l'll get there eventually.

Thank you for the link to the Epcot music, I could listen to that all day!

Sounds like a fun ride on Everest but not such a fun ride on Dinosaur, thanks to Flashy Guy!

Wonder where you headed next....

I love listening to WDW music on YouTube!!!! Thanks for that.
My DH is leaving for FL tomorrow morning. Even though he's not going to Disney I am so jealous!!! It has been in the 80s there!!!
I'll have some news for you by Tuesday......I hope. I hope it's good news.

No problem! :)

Good luck to your DH!! :wizard: I know, the weather has been great down there lately. I've been watching! :upsidedow

I cannot believe that man taking photos like that on Dinosaur. He looks ridiculous in your ride photo. Grrr!

Our kiddos are alike Shelly. Morghan can ride EE over and over. And we're alike. One ride and done. :rotfl:

I know. I was so mad!! :furious: What a jerk. I bet he took 30+ pics during the ride. :sad2:

Oh I know, DS13 could ride EE over and over all day. :faint: Not me anymore. :eek:

Your AK day sure looks a lot less crowded than my AK day!! Awesome!:thumbsup2

I love that pic of y'all in Dinosaur. It actually made me laugh-- it looks like both you and your DH are getting ready to karate chop that guy taking the pictures. Some people are just plain ignorant and selfish.
:headache:

How wonderful that you got to ride together on EE. That worked out so well!

Did you like AK any better this trip? We are getting to where we actually have a really fun time in that park. Belle loved it this time and even Mark said he enjoyed it more than ever before.:rotfl:

Great update!popcorn::

It really wasn't that crowded. I was worried when you were saying how crowded the parks were, but AK wasn't bad!

I know. :laughing: I was yelling at that guy and apparently using my hands!! :rotfl:

Yep - EE worked out awesome! ::yes::

I really didn't love AK this time. :confused3 I felt that way several trips ago. The following trip after that just DS13 and I went and we had a really good time. Then we didn't go last time at all. So I was looking forward to it this time, but unfortunately didn't love it. :confused: I'm pretty sure it will be skipped this summer.

Okay I have an update to Sept plans....:cool1:

Arriving Friday now.:hyper: On Saturday M and D will go to the FL game and Belle and I are gonna stay at the resort!!:cool1: I'm taking her to the castle for an early Breakfast and then we will play at the MK until we get tired then back to the pool or whatever.

That "whatever" probably will include seeing you so your imaginary trip to DL has been cancelled. :rolleyes1

Besides-- BTMRR in DL is down now for 10 months. You won't get to ride it and we know how much your DS11 loves it. No reason to go there now.

See---- I made the decision for you on which trip to take. No need to thank me.

Wow you really have been working on the Sept plans haven't you??? :faint: :rotfl:

I'm so excited that you will be arriving on Friday now!! :cool1: But DS will be totally bummed if he doesn't get to see Drew!! :worried: Hope we can work something out!

Oh, and thanks so much for clearing up the WDW or DL thing. I was stressed about it. So glad you figured it all out. ::yes:: :lmao:

I had forgotten about BTMRR being closed at DL this year.
Sure wish the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train would be open in MK sooner that 2014. :faint:

You truly are a good friend to Shelly, Jo!

:rotfl2:

Thanks for posting the link to the Epcot music! :music: I loved it! Since I am not a true Disney expert, it wasn't familiar to me. But then listening to it made me remember the feeling of being there.

I would have been mad at Mr. The Rules Don't Apply To Me just as much as you were. :( There's always one in every crowd. :sad2: It seem that Disney has several in every crowd these days. And these days you never now how much you should say to those people. You might be talking to a loose cannon. :scared1:

Yay for getting to ride with your DS on EE! And without having to wait in a long line! :woohoo:

I'm anxious to know how you liked AK on this trip, too. I hope you'll let us know after your next update. popcorn::

Isn't that the most awesome music ever??? :cloud9: I just love it. It seriously makes you feel like you are right there. :lovestruc

I know, that guy was so rude. :sad2: I wanted to tell him off so bad, but I just said my peace and moved on. I don't think he was getting it at all. :confused3

Riding EE together with no wait was so awesome. And lucky!! ::yes::

Guess I gave away my AK thoughts already...:confused3:rotfl:

Eh, I do what I can to make life easier for my friends.:crowded:

:laughing:

Taking pics is annoying enough but right in your face??!!! That is just wrong!

That's awesome how you ended up riding EE together. We LOVE EE!!! Well all but 1. That is the only reason DH will go to AK. I think that's why he loves park hoppers so much lol.
I haven't been on Dinosaur since our first trip. It was to jerky for me. I think I said I was gonna try it again last time but didn't. I think I feel bad that DS15 sits and waits for us I offer to stay behind with him. Oh we'll I'm sure l'll get there eventually.

Oh yeah, most of the ride all I saw was his flash! :furious:

I love both EE and Dinosaur! DH thinks Dino is too jerky! I think a lot of people do. I used to be able to ride EE over and over, but not anymore. :upsidedow

Thank you for the link to the Epcot music, I could listen to that all day!

Sounds like a fun ride on Everest but not such a fun ride on Dinosaur, thanks to Flashy Guy!

Wonder where you headed next....

You're welcome!

Yeah, Flashy Guy :-)laughing:) did kind of ruin Dino for me. :headache:

More AK coming up!

Love the link to the Epcot music!

I hope that guy's pictures all turned out blurry :furious:

We got to Disney on 1/1 and stayed until 1/8. Awesome trip.

First one for my wife and ten year old daughter. First for me in twenty years.

My only complaint was poor wifi in our room at the Caribbean Beach hotel. Other than that, it was great. We are considering to join the DVC.

We got to Disney on 1/1 and stayed until 1/8. Awesome trip.

First one for my wife and ten year old daughter. First for me in twenty years.

My only complaint was poor wifi in our room at the Caribbean Beach hotel. Other than that, it was great. We are considering to join the DVC.

Having not been in a long time - how did you find the crowds that time of year? I'm guessing they were less after about 1/3?
Wifi seems spotty in the resorts from what I've heard.

DVC - Best thing we ever did! Wish I could have afforded to do it sooner!! Be sure to consider buying resale as well as direct from Disney. It's cheaper, but limited in some ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!