Trip Number 9 ~ It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year ~ Christmastime at the GF & Poly

Love the picture of you and DH on the bridge...you guys look like newly weds :goodvibes

I wish we had rode LM ride but we only spent on day at MK the night we went to MVMCP and ate at BOG and did the Dessert Party. I plan on going to MK 2-3 days next trip since we will be staying at the Poly.

The picture of the boys infront of the MK Tree is great!

Ok...I have a few comments, but I hope I don't forget anything! Ok, I took a taxi to and from the downtown Disney to the WL last year~it was sooo worth it~$24 or so and it was totally worth every penny. One night Mike even got us a taxi to leave Epcot and go back to the room..it was great!
Hated to see/hear that your little guy having that Pn reaction!! I too am deathly allergic to that stuff....I hate that he had to deal with that on vacation...last trip I had came down with something and it really affected my last few days...I didn't realize how miserable i was until we got home and I got some meds...
Okay,,the picture of you with the new-friend-scooter-dude....REALLY??? I can't understand why people do that!! Or when a waitress has an entire restaurant and puts you smack on top of another table...we always ask to move...I don't think many people have a spacial issue like I do...
Congrats on the airfare,...that's a relief to have taken care of and what an awesome deal!!!
Tokelau is a fantastic building!!! We have been there twice,..We had been to the Aotearoa the first time...I remember that the Mono went wooshing right past our window and the boys were little then and we looooved watching/hearing it go past!. But those Tokelau rooms are huge which is great for a family of 5.
The Gulf of Mexico: STAY on the East side of the Mississippi!!! Once you cross over it forget it!!! I am on the West side and it's so bad I can't even describe it..you have to see it to appreciate how ugly it is!
I am caught up and looking forward to your & Jodi's up coming vaca's!! They will get me through the worst part of the year here...Mid-July to the end of Sept is unbearably hot, humid, and flat-out miserable. I think maybe I should tell Mike we should drive through Canada or the nether regions of Alaska to escape it this year...a girl can dream right?!!!

Glad you are all caught up Shawna!! :cool1:

New-friend-scooter-dude :rotfl2::lmao: I know, I have spacial issues too. And apparently most other people who go to WDW do not!! :eek:

Canada and Alaska?? :faint: Those are places I would never ask my DH to take me!!! :scared1: I feel like I already live there. Especially right now when it is March and it's still snowing and cold. :cold: :sad2: I guess no one wants what they have and everyone wants what everyone else has! :rotfl:

We loved the LM ride too! We got a special treat and were allowed to ride it back in October. We were the only ones on the ride! It was so nice. I don't think we will ever be able to say that again though! I loved the music and all the colors in that ride... it was awesome! And the queue is soooo neat! We rode it several times just so we could walk back through there and see everything. I'm glad your boys didn't grumble about riding and let you enjoy it! ;) Did you guys notice the little crab that follows you as you move through the line. We thought he was so cute! :upsidedow

We really enjoyed the LM ride!! Loved the music and everything! ::yes:: I'm not sure what you are talking about though -- was the crab in the regular line?? We did the FP line every time we rode it, so we probably missed a lot. :upsidedow

Love the picture of you and DH on the bridge...you guys look like newly weds :goodvibes

I wish we had rode LM ride but we only spent on day at MK the night we went to MVMCP and ate at BOG and did the Dessert Party. I plan on going to MK 2-3 days next trip since we will be staying at the Poly.

The picture of the boys infront of the MK Tree is great!

Thanks Shelia! :goodvibes

You'll find that you will spend more time at MK when you stay at the Poly. It's just sitting there waiting for you and it's so close & easy to get to!! ::yes::

I think I followed you PTR pretty well, then got all bummed when we cancelled our January trip, so I didn't catch on when you came over here!

Poor DS! G gets awful rashes, because of his eczema. It was terrible during our trip to the Philippines. I think he was reacting badly to the sand and sea. He's not old enough for it to be embarrassing though!

I'm always so jealous whenever you stay at the Poly. I would LOVE to stay there some day!

Love the pics from FL!!!! I'm so excited- DD is going to love it!!!!

And that CM with the pins- if you put a ruler in her hand, replace the pin board with a chalk board and she'd look like a old stern schoolmarm! :crazy2:

G'Morning!!:coffee:

Thanks so much for the fun update!!:cool1:

I could see your DS's pink cheeks in the picture with nasty CM. Poor guy. :( And what the heck is up with the CMs that have a 'tude? Somebody needs to knock em upside the head. That's NOT magical.

It was so gloomy grey that day. YUCK. And I can't believe how many people were in the MK! I think that was our DHS day? I can't remember. Been to long and I'm too old.:sad2: :lmao:

We liked the LM ride too. It wasn't a must do for us every trip, but I'm sure we'll do it anyway. It is very cute and the colors are indeed beautiful!

I agree about the New FL-- too cramped, too many people. We had to get out of there as fast as possible bc I don't like strangers up in my grill. And it seemed that everywhere we went we didn't have any space. Guess I'm a Special Spacial Cadet too.:upsidedow And Drew gets panic attacks in big crowds so we sort of have to keep that in mind when we're there.

Anyway--- can't wait to hear more about your MK day-- it was starting out fun!!

I think I followed you PTR pretty well, then got all bummed when we cancelled our January trip, so I didn't catch on when you came over here!

Poor DS! G gets awful rashes, because of his eczema. It was terrible during our trip to the Philippines. I think he was reacting badly to the sand and sea. He's not old enough for it to be embarrassing though!

I'm always so jealous whenever you stay at the Poly. I would LOVE to stay there some day!

Well I'm glad you are here now! :goodvibes

DS11 was like that when he was a baby & toddler -- had eczema really bad. He seemed to outgrow it though. Well, until the whole penicillin thing. :faint:

I hope you get to stay at the Poly someday soon. :wizard:

Love the pics from FL!!!! I'm so excited- DD is going to love it!!!!

And that CM with the pins- if you put a ruler in her hand, replace the pin board with a chalk board and she'd look like a old stern schoolmarm! :crazy2:

Your DD is going to love the new Fantasyland!! ::yes::

:laughing: That CM looked like she would rather be anywhere but there. :confused3 Good grief. DH and I stood off to the side laughing. :rotfl:

G'Morning!!:coffee:

Thanks so much for the fun update!!:cool1:

I could see your DS's pink cheeks in the picture with nasty CM. Poor guy. :( And what the heck is up with the CMs that have a 'tude? Somebody needs to knock em upside the head. That's NOT magical.

It was so gloomy grey that day. YUCK. And I can't believe how many people were in the MK! I think that was our DHS day? I can't remember. Been to long and I'm too old.:sad2: :lmao:

We liked the LM ride too. It wasn't a must do for us every trip, but I'm sure we'll do it anyway. It is very cute and the colors are indeed beautiful!

I agree about the New FL-- too cramped, too many people. We had to get out of there as fast as possible bc I don't like strangers up in my grill. And it seemed that everywhere we went we didn't have any space. Guess I'm a Special Spacial Cadet too.:upsidedow And Drew gets panic attacks in big crowds so we sort of have to keep that in mind when we're there.

Anyway--- can't wait to hear more about your MK day-- it was starting out fun!!

Well I wondered when you were going to show up -- you were the one who requested an update this morning!!! :yay: :rotfl:

It was a dark gloomy day. But I remember being warm. I wore capri's and about the middle of the day I remember being hot and thinking I should have worn shorts! :upsidedow

MK was weird that day. There were people EVERYWHERE. :eek: But the lines really weren't that long. :confused3 Yep, I think you were at DHS that day. I remember because we did our DHS and MK days opposite each other.

I think the LM ride will be a must do for us! I liked it better than Nemo!!

I hope when all is said & done the new FL will be easier to navigate and not so cramped all the time.

I'm not sure if you would have seen the crab in the FP line or not. There was no one else there when we went so we just walked all through all of the stuff to see in line. I don't even know which line we went through. :lmao: Anyway, they have this little crab that appears to be following you through the line and he's doing all sorts of stuff. It's cute. It's actually some kind of 3d screen or something but it looks very real. He's really tiny and very easy to miss so if it was crowded, you probably couldn't see him. I have some video of him... somewhere... :scratchin

Well I wondered when you were going to show up -- you were the one who requested an update this morning!!! :yay: :rotfl:

It was a dark gloomy day. But I remember being warm. I wore capri's and about the middle of the day I remember being hot and thinking I should have worn shorts! :upsidedow

MK was weird that day. There were people EVERYWHERE. :eek: But the lines really weren't that long. :confused3 Yep, I think you were at DHS that day. I remember because we did our DHS and MK days opposite each other.

I think the LM ride will be a must do for us! I liked it better than Nemo!!

I hope when all is said & done the new FL will be easier to navigate and not so cramped all the time.

:smokin:

Sorry it took me a bit to get here. My morning just has sort of slipped by me? I think I'm in a time warp.

The people standing around this trip-- I know we've talked it to death but it was so strange to me. I didn't understand it at all? The lines weren't bad- there were just people everywhere.

I don't remember it being hot that day. I don't remember much about that day honestly! Gosh I need some Gingko Biloba to help my memory!:rolleyes2

Hey y'all......Happy Friday!

I am shocked that the pin trading CM was rude. I mean, she looks so friendly and happy to be there!

NOT!! :rotfl2:

Great pic of you and DH on the bridge at the Poly. So cute!

I love the Christmas decorations at the front of the MK. But holy moly, you weren't kidding when you said it was crowded!. :crowded:

The LM ride looks fun. And I see you got a pic of the real Ursula. ;)

What is still being built in FL? Looks like a big construction area!

Great update again. :thumbsup2 Anybody have any big weekend plans? Not a thing going on here. DH is going to our camp with his brother I think. But it's going to be too cold to be outside, so I'm just staying home. DD comes here Sunday for her 2 month rotation!! :yay:

I'm not sure if you would have seen the crab in the FP line or not. There was no one else there when we went so we just walked all through all of the stuff to see in line. I don't even know which line we went through. :lmao: Anyway, they have this little crab that appears to be following you through the line and he's doing all sorts of stuff. It's cute. It's actually some kind of 3d screen or something but it looks very real. He's really tiny and very easy to miss so if it was crowded, you probably couldn't see him. I have some video of him... somewhere... :scratchin

Well that sure sounds neat, but I'm sure we didn't see it!! :upsidedow We either missed it altogether or it wasn't in the FP line. We'll have to look for him next time! :thumbsup2

:smokin:

Sorry it took me a bit to get here. My morning just has sort of slipped by me? I think I'm in a time warp.

The people standing around this trip-- I know we've talked it to death but it was so strange to me. I didn't understand it at all? The lines weren't bad- there were just people everywhere.

I don't remember it being hot that day. I don't remember much about that day honestly! Gosh I need some Gingko Biloba to help my memory!:rolleyes2

Did you get all those baseboards cleaned??? :rotfl:

Gosh I know. There were people standing around taking up space everywhere on this trip!! :scared1: Guess they were all taking in all the Christmas decorations? IDK. :confused3 I just wish they would have gotten the heck out of my way! :laughing:

Hmm I don't remember you saying much about your DHS day.... are you sure you even went there?? :lmao: I'll have to ask your kids.....maybe we can do a facetime tonight! :thumbsup2

Hey y'all......Happy Friday!

I am shocked that the pin trading CM was rude. I mean, she looks so friendly and happy to be there!

NOT!! :rotfl2:

Great pic of you and DH on the bridge at the Poly. So cute!

I love the Christmas decorations at the front of the MK. But holy moly, you weren't kidding when you said it was crowded!. :crowded:

The LM ride looks fun. And I see you got a pic of the real Ursula. ;)

What is still being built in FL? Looks like a big construction area!

Great update again. :thumbsup2 Anybody have any big weekend plans? Not a thing going on here. DH is going to our camp with his brother I think. But it's going to be too cold to be outside, so I'm just staying home. DD comes here Sunday for her 2 month rotation!! :yay:

:rotfl2: I know, she looks super friendly doesn't she?? :faint:

:laughing: Yep, had to get a pic of Ursula for you! ;)

They are still working on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in FL. They are saying it will be done in 2014. Good grief. :confused: I was hoping it would be done this summer. I'm tired of all the MK construction! :(

No real weekend plans here. It's cold and I don't feel like doing much of anything. I can't wait for summer to get here!! Have fun with your DD! :goodvibes

So funny to me that so many people here have spatial issues, and we keep going back to WDW!!

Love the big Christmas tree at MK!

The crabby CM- What's up with that? I think next time I encounter one at WDW I might have to say something like, "you really like working at the Happiest Place on Earth, huh? It shows."

I guess that's why they were "testing" the FP+ - so you could be the guinea pig and try out the new system! Hope by the time I go back they've worked out the bugs.

When we were there in October, it seemed crowded, but the lines were not that long either. Obviously the big rides were, and we used FPs, but there were just a LOT of people around. It was great to get to preview the new stuff though. On our party night we walked right onto things, and even on another day we didn't really wait.

OH - we have BIG weekend plans! My DD11 is about to celebrate being 12 (next week). So we're taking her and a couple friends for a mani/pedi and a dinner out all dressed up! She's pretty excited! Her actual b-day is 3/9 and Paige has dance competition and that night we leave to drive to Hilton Head. So we will celebrate early.

So funny to me that so many people here have spatial issues, and we keep going back to WDW!!

Love the big Christmas tree at MK!

The crabby CM- What's up with that? I think next time I encounter one at WDW I might have to say something like, "you really like working at the Happiest Place on Earth, huh? It shows."

I guess that's why they were "testing" the FP+ - so you could be the guinea pig and try out the new system! Hope by the time I go back they've worked out the bugs.

When we were there in October, it seemed crowded, but the lines were not that long either. Obviously the big rides were, and we used FPs, but there were just a LOT of people around. It was great to get to preview the new stuff though. On our party night we walked right onto things, and even on another day we didn't really wait.

OH - we have BIG weekend plans! My DD11 is about to celebrate being 12 (next week). So we're taking her and a couple friends for a mani/pedi and a dinner out all dressed up! She's pretty excited! Her actual b-day is 3/9 and Paige has dance competition and that night we leave to drive to Hilton Head. So we will celebrate early.

:laughing: I know!!!

I think it's a lot of the foreigners that don't seem to respect people's space. Maybe it's normal in their country to crowd other people and even touch them. :confused: One night at MK (actually the night I am reporting on right now) we were on Main Street waiting for Wishes and this woman comes by us and puts her hands right on DS11 and moves him out of her way. :eek: I flipped out!! It wasn't pretty. I don't think she spoke English, so she didn't understand anything I said, but she got the picture and got out of there in a hurry! :rotfl:

Yeah, the whole FP+ thing will be interesting once it is up and running. I hope it's not the mess that I'm afraid it is going to be. :eek:

It is so weird when there are so many people in the parks, but not very long lines. :confused3 Guess people just go to hang out. Maybe the locals. IDK. :confused3

Well it sounds like you have a lot of exciting things coming up!! ::yes:: Happy Birthday to your DD! Have a great weekend! :wizard:

What a bummer rude CMs are! I wonder if they realize all the planning and money that goes into a vacation to WDW. It's not certainly something that someone gets to do every day and then to have a rude CM just puts a damper on it all.

I agree, the Little Mermaid ride is great! The queue is so long! Cute though. I'm glad you got to ride Shelly. We did as well in October and the place was a madhouse.

Grumpy CMs are no fun!! I've seen that woman at the Poly before and I thought the same thing- she doesn't look happy.

Love the pics in front of that beautiful Christmas tree.

I can't wait to ride LM and eat at BOG too!!! Forty something more days!!!! Woohoo

Wow Main Street was beyond packed. :(

Glad you enjoyed the Little Mermaid ride, we liked it too.

We experienced the same level of crowds in October but not long waits for the rides either, weird.

Was that pin trading CM a Snotty Cow?

:laughing: I know!!!

I think it's a lot of the foreigners that don't seem to respect people's space. Maybe it's normal in their country to crowd other people and even touch them. :confused: One night at MK (actually the night I am reporting on right now) we were on Main Street waiting for Wishes and this woman comes by us and puts her hands right on DS11 and moves him out of her way. :eek: I flipped out!! It wasn't pretty. I don't think she spoke English, so she didn't understand anything I said, but she got the picture and got out of there in a hurry! :rotfl:

I'm sure that has something to do with it. It was awful in Korea....and when you threw in the hygiene. :scared: Ugh! I'm glad not to be there anymore, and I don't get quite as bothered by crowds as some people.

Now I can go to the grocery store and let DS trail 10 feet in front of me, and not have a single other person break our path. Ah! I love the luxury of space.

That's too bad about the rude CM, but thankfully it was not the norm for you.

I love the new Little Mermaid ride! They do open the walkway between that and Storybook Circus sometimes. We were able to walk through it a couple of times during our trip. I think it depends on if it's really crowded, and if they don't need to keep it closed for construction vehicles.

Got my ADRs,
I got my ADRs,
Got my ADRs...
To-Daaaaaaay!!!

Seriously please, someone explain it to me --
Why is it that when you do ANYTHING at all for your trip you get all excited and happy behind and wanna dance?

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

It's like taking a hit of a drug. :crazy2:
Disney Crack!!!!!! :faint: :faint:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

jobird said:
got my adrs,
i got my adrs,
got my adrs...
To-daaaaaaay!!!

Seriously please, someone explain it to me --
why is it that when you do anything at all for your trip you get all excited and happy behind and wanna dance?

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

It's like taking a hit of a drug. :crazy2:
Disney crack!!!!!! :faint: :faint:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

lol. :)

I was scrolling through your pictures and noticed your picture and comment about the pin trading CM. It reminded me of these guys...

IMG_2349.jpg

outside Magic Kingdom this summer. They were less than thrilled to be there, it was clear. I had to wonder if they were being punished. :laughing:

Kona is a favorite of ours. How fun is it to start off a day with a breakfast called The Big Kahuna?!?!? :cool1:

We were fortunate enough to be among the first riders on Little Mermaid, as we were there on unofficial opening day in October and got a sneak peek. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!