Trip Insurance?

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
Where & How do you buy trip insurance (condo owner I am looking at recommends it)?? About how much does it cost for insurance if the condo I am looking at is just under $900.00 for my length of stay? We are planning to drive so I don't need it for the flight.

Christine

We used insuremytrip.com. For our family of 6, it cost a total of $89. We covered $1300 for the house we are renting and $250/person for flights. The kids were essentially covered for free. We get the trip insurance because our vacation is in February and we live in Maine. There is always the chance that we may not get out of the state if there is a storm.

We have used insuremytrip.com severeal times but always end up choosing the Travelex carrier because their policy seemed best and least expensive. Well, this past September we got a chance to see how it really worked as I ended up needing spoinal fsion surgery for a herniated cervical (neck) disk . There was just no way our long awaited trip to trip to Disney in October was gonna happen.

I was a bit worried how the insurance would work since we had rented a DVC timeshare privately from an owner. It took a small bit of paperwork, and my doctor signing off, and I must say we were delighted with the service from Travelex. Disney refunded what we paid for Mickey's Halloween party and Cirque's La Nouba. Travelex refunded everything else! Within 60 days we got back every cent we paid for airfare and the hotel---over $3000!. They did not refund our Disney park hopper passes which never expire...and I am delighted to announced we have just rebooked our trip for May as my surgery was successful! I will take out the insurance again this trip.

The price of travel insurance is based on the cost of the trip. For most families on a trip to Disney it wil be under $200 to insure everyone. From personal experience I will tell you it is well worth it. Anything can happen! Kids break a leg. Appenixes burst, and discs herniate. I am so grateful how it turned out.

We will never book a trip without travel insurance...and we will always use Travelex. It worked the way it was supposed to work.

See you in Disney May 2008!!!!

Can someone help me figure out how much insurance I would need? I know it would be $500 for our townhouse. I don't know what to include for our plane tickets though. We paid ~$850 for the tickets, but I do believe that NWA only charges a $100 change fee if we needed to change our flights to a later date, so we would only be out that $300, correct? What amount do I cover for that? And I don't know what else I would need to include. Rental car is no penalty for cancelling, and our Daytona 500 tickets aren't a covered item, so we can't include them. The rest of our travel expenses wouldn't happen anyway if we cancelled our trip (food, souveniers, etc). Any help is appreciated! :confused3

I personally would claim the entire amount of your plane ticket and not just the change fee. They provide good coverage for flights, including benefits in case you are delayed or travel is interrupted, lost luggage, delayed luggage... You can get a quote online and see the differences in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!