Trip Insurance thru Disney or Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by connorok, Mar 22, 2013.

1. connorok

connorok Earning My Ears

Want to get trip insurance, especially what happened to us on our last vacation where we flew American Airlines and, due to weather, our trip was delayed by over 24 hours! Anyway, we are booking resort/tickets through Disney. Should we just get the travel insurance as part of the package or could we find something just as comprehensive but cheaper elsewhere? Also, if we have put a deposit down, does that change things? The Disney CM acted like we could add the travel insurance even though we had put a deposit down.

Thanks for all the advice/help. These boards are wonderful in helping to plan a trip to WDW!:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. whatisgoofy?

whatisgoofy? Mouseketeer

Disney does indeed offer trip insurance, but before you buy, be sure to compare elsewhere. The Disney coverage isn't the most comprehensive you can find, and may not cover every situation you might encounter. Allianz is well regarded, and relatively well priced. You may even be able to find a deal on Allianz if you buy coverage through certain airlines or AAA. Of course, you may find that you're happy with Disney's coverage...but shop around to be sure.

4. coluk003

coluk003 DIS Veteran

remember disney's insurance will cover the cost of tickets, electronics, they will actually track down your luggage and bring it to you if lost. It also has a smaller window then most for trip delays, its about 3 hours due to the airlines fault/weather, as others ive seen were like 6+ hours for your delay. Plus with travel guard(disney) its a one stop place to call, most others your calling other places that are NOT open 24hrs, food for thought

5. cmhguy

cmhguy Mouseketeer

We book our insurance through another company directly. I have compared the description of coverage options/dec pages, and for me, I preferred another provider.

As to the deposit, some companies require purchase within a specific number of days of the original deposit or you forgo some coverage options (typically youÂ’ll find preexisting conditions as one of them). There are a few companies that require purchase within a specific number of days when the largest or majority of the payment is made. I chose one with the later requirement especially for cruises and trips with deposits booked months in advance.