Trip Insurance Recommendations

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ISCRK, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ISCRK

ISCRK Earning My Ears

Hey All! We are booked on the March 24, 2007 Eastern Magic. Last time we cruised was in 2002 on the western magic, so we are WWAAYY overdue for a cruise fix! I am looking for recommendations on trip insurance...went to www.************.com, and got a listing of 20 or so travel insurance companies. Anyone prefer one brand over another? :confused3 We don't have any major medical issues, just looking for trip cancellation, baggage claim, and basic medical in case something goes wrong....just a basic policy in case we need it. Any help is appreciated!! :love: :love: :love:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I would compare a few of the lower-priced policies side-by-side to see what the coverages are. I have used Travelex TravelLite in the past, and they paid when my sister had to cancel at the last minute. I've also read very good things about CSA.

4. moet7

moet7 DIS Veteran

Hi

I bought Access America, the AAA Family Plan for our up coming cruise. With this plan children under 18 are free. You can find informaiton out on their website, however I believe they do not list the AAA Family Plan on the web. I had to call them to get this plan. Hope this helps.

Others on the board have also used Access America AAA Family Plan that is how I found it. :)

5. dsny06

dsny06 Earning My Ears

We're on the upcoming 4/22 Western and to date we have not bought trip insurance. However, we're scheduled to fly on Delta and there is the very real possibility of a pilot strike after 4/15. Has anyone had experience w/buying insurance "last minute" for this type of situation and would it cover our flights????

6. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I believe that once a strike has been announced, it's too late to buy insurance that would cover cancellations due to the strike. Same thing with hurricanes - once a warning has been issued.