Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

To me the actual size of the room doesn't appear to be much larger than that of a Value Resort room ... but the amenities and proximity to Epcot would be enough to sell me on the room. Too bad I'll never be able to afford staying anywhere but Value or off site ...

Looking forward to the rest of your report .

I don't think that many deluxe rooms have a daybed or couch, but there are more options with them in case of a family of 5. That seems to be when people get them for sure, otherwise it's just luck. I should look back and see what our room # was. I remember feeling the same way about not knowing which direction I was facing!! We had a courtyard view, but it was more to the villas side.

I didn't think the rooms were super big either - more moderate sized, and I know even the villas are not that huge either. It's amazing the variation in room sizes between the resorts even at the same leve.
But I do remember that cute lamp!! I think they upgraded the TV since we were there in July 2010. I don't remember it being on the wall.

Yes, it's back to the BWI for us! We just love it there. We will be at the GF in November. I love switching between the MK area and Epcot area resorts.:cloud9:

It is fun to switch between the MK and Epcot resorts. It's 2 totally different atmospheres! :goodvibes

To me the actual size of the room doesn't appear to be much larger than that of a Value Resort room ... but the amenities and proximity to Epcot would be enough to sell me on the room. Too bad I'll never be able to afford staying anywhere but Value or off site ...

Looking forward to the rest of your report .

Welcome! :)

I'm not sure of the exact size of that room, but it didn't feel much larger than the moderates to us. The resort location is awesome thought! :thumbsup2

I don't think that many deluxe rooms have a daybed or couch, but there are more options with them in case of a family of 5. That seems to be when people get them for sure, otherwise it's just luck. I should look back and see what our room # was. I remember feeling the same way about not knowing which direction I was facing!! We had a courtyard view, but it was more to the villas side.

I didn't think the rooms were super big either - more moderate sized, and I know even the villas are not that huge either. It's amazing the variation in room sizes between the resorts even at the same leve.
But I do remember that cute lamp!! I think they upgraded the TV since we were there in July 2010. I don't remember it being on the wall.

I'm pretty sure all the rooms at the Poly and the GF have the daybed/couch. And maybe the BWI, not sure on that one though. We had one when we were there.

Yeah, the room was not big by any means. And we also noticed a lack of dresser space. Only a few small drawers in that stand that is under the TV.

Loved that lamp!::yes::

I'm pretty sure all the rooms at the Poly and the GF have the daybed/couch. And maybe the BWI, not sure on that one though. We had one when we were there.

That must be why those two are so much more expensive!! We've not had one in AKL or BLT (that was a DVC studio) or at BC. I know that AKL and Wilderness are usually sort of the "other" deluxes that get a good discount sometimes, so that could be yet another difference. I remember Shawna saying there were only certain resorts that they could get a room for 5 in. It's too bad, because as kids get older, sharing a bed isn't always the best option.

Do you usually fully unpack at WDW? I never used to, just dug around in the suitcase. Might have been because we seemed to only be there for 4 days! But now I'm doing it more and I like the drawer space! It's usually not enough for all 4 of us, but the girls' clothes are small, so they can share. Of course, you have dresses, you could at least hang those right?

That must be why those two are so much more expensive!! We've not had one in AKL or BLT (that was a DVC studio) or at BC. I know that AKL and Wilderness are usually sort of the "other" deluxes that get a good discount sometimes, so that could be yet another difference. I remember Shawna saying there were only certain resorts that they could get a room for 5 in. It's too bad, because as kids get older, sharing a bed isn't always the best option.

Do you usually fully unpack at WDW? I never used to, just dug around in the suitcase. Might have been because we seemed to only be there for 4 days! But now I'm doing it more and I like the drawer space! It's usually not enough for all 4 of us, but the girls' clothes are small, so they can share. Of course, you have dresses, you could at least hang those right?

Yeah, I wouldn't expect one at AKL or WL since they are lower priced, the rooms are smaller, and there's always a good discount out for them. But I really think all the rooms at the BC/YC should offer the same things.

We usually mostly unpack. But we couldn't here. I did take extra hangers so I could hang most of my dresses & shirts. Good thing I did because there just wasn't much dresser space. So I left my shorts and other things in my bag.

I like the room's decor but agree, that is not that big for a "deluxe". I love that you got a nice view though! :goodvibes

Will I love CBR? That's where Morghan and I are staying in October and I am wondering if I made the right choice. What do you think Shelly? You are my favorite CBR expert. :flower3:

Will I love CBR? That's where Morghan and I are staying in October and I am wondering if I made the right choice. What do you think Shelly? You are my favorite CBR expert. :flower3:

I can answer that for you......

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

-------------------------------------

Very nice view Shelly! I would love overlooking that lighthouse! :thumbsup2

I like the room's decor but agree, that is not that big for a "deluxe". I love that you got a nice view though! :goodvibes

I agree with Rinky -- YES you will absolutely love CBR!! ::yes:: We would pick it over the BC any day.

I can answer that for you......

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

-------------------------------------

Very nice view Shelly! I would love overlooking that lighthouse! :thumbsup2

I think you and I had this conversation about a year ago and I told you that you would love CBR!!!!! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Yes, it was a great view. I have lots more pics to post of it coming up too! :goodvibes

I agree with Rinky -- YES you will absolutely love CBR!! ::yes:: We would pick it over the BC any day.

I think you and I had this conversation about a year ago and I told you that you would love CBR!!!!! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Yes, it was a great view. I have lots more pics to post of it coming up too! :goodvibes

You two rock!! :cool1:

Well I'm sitting here dis'ing while MC gets her hair "did".

Thank goodness you have an update done for me to read!

The size of the room is indeed not so swell. it does look to be comparable to a mod. Which I think are the size rooms of the AKL and WL which is why they don't cost as much as the other deluxes. Shame that you paid top dollar for that. :(

The view is good, however! Not that it makes up for all that was wrong with it.

Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

And I will third the CBR love.... It's a great resort! ::yes::

Well I'm sitting here dis'ing while MC gets her hair "did".

Thank goodness you have an update done for me to read!

The size of the room is indeed not so swell. it does look to be comparable to a mod. Which I think are the size rooms of the AKL and WL which is why they don't cost as much as the other deluxes. Shame that you paid top dollar for that. :(

The view is good, however! Not that it makes up for all that was wrong with it.

Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

How did miss MC's hair turn out?

The room size was not swell. :lmao: Yep, my thoughts exactly. Not really what I was expecting for what we paid. :scared1: But yes, it was an awesome view!! ::yes::

Ok Kelli, this comment coming from the Queen of Clean Baseboards should speak volumes! :rotfl2: If it passes Jo's white glove inspection, then it MUST be a winner! :thumbsup2 Go with confidence Kelli!

(Jo, I can pick at you about this b/c I too have been known to check and inspect 'unusual' places in hotel rooms. :rolleyes1 I've also been accused of taking more cleaning/disinfecting products in my luggage than what the room attendant has on her cart. :rolleyes:)

Shelly-- we're home! Finally!! Three hours getting it done-- :faint:
She got her hair done like mine! Blonde highlights, Bangs, about 5 inches cut off and framing layers around her face. When they were done I almost would have sworn I was looking at myself at 17!!!! :love: She loves it and it's cute on her. I can't wait to see what Mark says-- he already had a hard time telling us apart sometimes.

Okay now wait a second Rinky!! I said CBR was a great resort. I didn't say it was a clean resort...At least my room that had the infamous Mouse Dust wasn't!
(Anyone remember that attempt at the TR I did way back then??) :)
We stayed there before the renovations and it had a fair amount of dust lying in wait on the shelf. Base boards were ok however! :)

Shelly-- we're home! Finally!! Three hours getting it done-- :faint:
She got her hair done like mine! Blonde highlights, Bangs, about 5 inches cut off and framing layers around her face. When they were done I almost would have sworn I was looking at myself at 17!!!! :love: She loves it and it's cute on her. I can't wait to see what Mark says-- he already had a hard time telling us apart sometimes.

Okay now wait a second Rinky!! I said CBR was a great resort. I didn't say it was a clean resort...At least my room that had the infamous Mouse Dust wasn't!
(Anyone remember that attempt at the TR I did way back then??) :)
We stayed there before the renovations and it had a fair amount of dust lying in wait on the shelf. Base boards were ok however! :)

3 hours??? :faint:I can't wait to see it, I bet she looks beautiful! :)

I remember the 'pixie-dust' on your shelf at CBR. :lmao: Yeah, we've had lots of WDW rooms in the past that have needed a good dusting, but nothing like the BC room we just had. :eek:

I haven't stayed at the BC, but it's on the top of my wish list. The room size doesn't look so impressive, but that Mickey lamp is so cute! And I love the balcony. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

How did I miss that you started your TR :confused:

subscribing

Welcome! :)

I haven't stayed at the BC, but it's on the top of my wish list. The room size doesn't look so impressive, but that Mickey lamp is so cute! And I love the balcony. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Welcome! :goodvibes The room wasn't too impressive, but there are some good things about staying at the BC! And that lamp is so cute -- I want one for my bedroom! ::yes::

Jumping in!!:yay:

Welcome, hope you enjoy!
How did I miss that you started your TR :confused:

Well there you are! I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering if you knew I started the TR!! Glad you're here. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter