Tree of life closed due to damage!

How do they "close" something that you essentially look at from a distance. I mean, I know the ITTBaB is in the base, but they didn't mention closing that. Did they put up a giant scrim with a picture of the tree? :confused3

How do they "close" something that you essentially look at from a distance. I mean, I know the ITTBaB is in the base, but they didn't mention closing that. Did they put up a giant scrim with a picture of the tree? :confused3
You've obviously never been there if that's all that you think it is! There's a complete theater inside of it in a multitude of trails surrounding it. Both of these were closed.

You've obviously never been there if that's all that you think it is! There's a complete theater inside of it in a multitude of trails surrounding it. Both of these were closed.

Thanks for the insult. Yes I am aware of the trails and the theater. We take the path behind the tree frequently (from the bridge near Africa to the bridge near Asia) with the storks, tortoise, Nene, Parrots and such. I even mentioned the theater in my post. My jest was that how do "close" something that is viewed from afar. I figured what they did was close some pathways, but since no-one mentioned that ITTBaB was closed, that it wasn't really closed. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Thanks for the insult. Yes I am aware of the trails and the theater. We take the path behind the tree frequently (from the bridge near Africa to the bridge near Asia) with the storks, tortoise, Nene, Parrots and such. I even mentioned the theater in my post. My jest was that how do "close" something that is viewed from afar. I figured what they did was close some pathways, but since no-one mentioned that ITTBaB was closed, that it wasn't really closed. Thanks for clearing that up though.

I saw in another story about it ITTBaB was closed.

wow...really?
I'm glad that it's more than i thought! It certainly makes me rethink the value of my $95 dollar ticket...It has a 15 year old 3-D movie and trails...i didn't even realize....

Breaking news....
Tree of Life is renamed Tree of Death from above as two Disney castmembers are killed from falling branches during another wind storm.
More at 8...

ITTBAB reopened at Noon today. Trails and Kids Discovery still closed as inspections continue.

wow...really?
I'm glad that it's more than i thought! It certainly makes me rethink the value of my $95 dollar ticket...It has a 15 year old 3-D movie and trails...i didn't even realize....

AK itself isn't worth the $95 imo. I mean really they haven't put anything new in since EE and so they decide to put in the world of Avatar. Not that Avatar probably won't be good but they couldn't have just put an Australia or South America in? :confused3 :offtopic: I digress...

AK itself isn't worth the $95 imo. I mean really they haven't put anything new in since EE and so they decide to put in the world of Avatar. Not that Avatar probably won't be good but they couldn't have just put an Australia or South America in? :confused3 :offtopic: I digress...

tongue in cheek

Is there any update on whether the "enhanced for your safety" netting over the walkways will be a permanent fixture? With the legal tentacles involved I am sure they will be in some form or fashion. Just hopeful they come up with something a bit less visually disruptive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter