Travelsafe insurance?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyZell, Apr 19, 2012.

1. DisneyZell

DisneyZell Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Hi everyone! OK, so we are considering a cruise :cool1:, but are considering a GTY room and one where you have to pay in full etc. etc. No cancellation! So we want to buy insurance to cover us just in case.

There are approximately 10,000,000,000 threads on insurance. I've spent time in most of them. I've been to the various sites that shop the different companies for you.

the one that stood out to me for the price and benefits was travelsafe.

Has anyone dealt with them and, more importantly, had a claim with them, and what was their experience? I'd love some feedback here. The only specific Travelsafe thread that came up was a couple of folks from Canada and the only response was from someone recommending something else.

Any help you can give us would be appreciated!

Thanks!

DZ

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyZell

DisneyZell Likes Adventures on the High Seas

anyone....buhler? Buhler?

4. doberlady

doberlady <font color=royalblue>It just never gets old to me

I just this moment bought this plan for the 5 of us

Travel Insured
    Worldwide Trip Protector

Was $150 and I insured 7K

5. QuiltTeddy

QuiltTeddy DIS Veteran

We buy through DVC's plan. I can't remember the name, but it wasn't that expensive. Didn't have to use it, so don't know whether or was good or bad. :confused3

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

GTY rooms do not require payment in full. *GT rates are the ones that require the payment in full - big difference...

GTY room is a room in a specific category - you book a 5B GTY, you will get a 5B (or better) room. These rates are subject to the same cancellation penalties than a standard room.

IGT/OGT/VGT rooms are rooms TYPES - you book OGT, you will get an outside view (or better room. These are restricted fares that require full payment at once.

My .02...

7. reimero

reimero DIS Veteran

I haven't had to file a trip insurance claim in about 21 years, but I do know that TravelSafe has a good reputation and is actually part of a different well-known provider (can't remember which. Nationwide, maybe?)

Anyway, they do have a good reputation and I've heard that they're good about paying claims and all that.

8. antmaril

antmaril DIS Veteran

I purchased Travel Safe insurance for a cruise i took to Alaska in June and for an upcoming cruise on the Wonder. I feel comfortable using them, as I think they have a good reputation. I bought the coverage almost immediately after making the deposit, so that previous conditions are covered. I also like that the amount for medical evacuation is quite high.

9. Green Tea

Green Tea <font color=green>I don't do hatchets<br><font col

I filed a claim with them previously. Everything was handled quickly and the company paid out as expected.

10. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

TravelSafe is one of the 6 companies that the Trip Insurance Store (www.tripinsurancestore.com) sells. I have purchased their policy several times, but not had to make a claim.